Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

He is an established Hockey reporter, so naturally he has better sources and contacts and gets some info first. Obviously it doesn't mean he is right about something he says.

Usually he is. McKenzie is far and away the best "insider" in the business. There really is no one close. What he says is pretty much 100% accurate. He doesn't race to be the first one to announce anything, only to end up having egg on his face. He usually is just the first one to report something 100% accurate because he is damn good at his job and extremely well trusted among the GMs. He isn't going to spit out ridiculous rumours, and he isn't a mouth-piece for GMs either.

Usually he is. McKenzie is far and away the best "insider" in the business. There really is no one close. What he says is pretty much 100% accurate. He doesn't race to be the first one to announce anything, only to end up having egg on his face. He usually is just the first one to report something 100% accurate because he is damn good at his job and extremely well trusted among the GMs. He isn't going to spit out ridiculous rumours, and he isn't a mouth-piece for GMs either.

I agree, there's also Darren Dreger who's pretty good. He seems to get info pretty quickly on trades, signings and especially rumors.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't play for the Ducks any more. He already played for the Devils as well.

The Devils had Vitaly Vishnevsky.

The Ducks currently have Lubomir Visnovsky. And he'd be a pretty good pickup. Cap hit is $5.6 million for 2012-2013, but actual salary is only $3 million.

Edited by Z-Man

The Devils had Vitaly Vishnevsky.

The Ducks currently have Lubomir Visnovsky. And he'd be a pretty good pickup. Cap hit is $5.6 million for 2012-2013, but actual salary is only $3 million.

Yah lubomir was the one i was talking about, this guy have tremendous stats

2005-06 Kings de Los Angeles LNH 80 17 50 67 50 - - - - -

2006-07 Kings de Los Angeles LNH 69 18 40 58 26 - - - - -

2007-08 Kings de Los Angeles LNH 82 8 33 41 34 - - - - -

2008-09 Oilers d'Edmonton LNH 50 8 23 31 30 - - - - -

2009-10 Oilers d'Edmonton LNH 57 10 22 32 16 - - - - -

Ducks d'Anaheim LNH 16 5 8 13 4 - - - - -

2010-11 Ducks d'Anaheim LNH 81 18 50 68

Dreger fvcked up on the Zidlicky non-trade.

Unless of course Brooks is right that the league quietly vetoed the trade for financial reasons or that ownership put the message to Lou that taking on more salary wouldn't help the team find a potential owner. While I don't believe it happened quite like that, I think there is a little truth to it.

In any event, the difference between Dreger and other people is that Dreger actually has sources and is accountable when he gets something wrong, while other people's bread and butter is making things up wholesale (or in more common parlance, liars). Think about it, we all know Єklund (2.3% accurate) is a liar and a fraud. Nevertheless, we all still read him, and his garbage still makes it pretty quickly to this board, especially when it involves the Devils.

I'm late to this party, so I apologize if this has been covered already... but the only type of forwards I'd expect to see the Devils making a move for are solid 3rd/4th line guys that provide depth. Travis Moen or Paul Gaustad would be fantastic pick-ups, able to actually make the 4th line a legitimate line that can be rolled out with the rest.

That being said, I'm most frightened that Sykora will run out of gas and create a serious hole on the 2nd line.

As for defense, the Devils are in a tricky spot. They're getting by with Harrold and Taormina in the lineup, but once Foster, Larsson, and Tallinder are healthy they'd appear to be all set. However, if they continue to be hampered by injuries, the Devils could use veteran depth. I'd heard Johnny Oduya rumors before, but that's tough to see with Winnipeg still in the mix for playoffs. Bryan Allen would be a nice get, but I imagine he'll command a serious return.

*all assuming Zajac can't be counted on this year

I'm late to this party, so I apologize if this has been covered already... but the only type of forwards I'd expect to see the Devils making a move for are solid 3rd/4th line guys that provide depth. Travis Moen or Paul Gaustad would be fantastic pick-ups, able to actually make the 4th line a legitimate line that can be rolled out with the rest.

That being said, I'm most frightened that Sykora will run out of gas and create a serious hole on the 2nd line.

As for defense, the Devils are in a tricky spot. They're getting by with Harrold and Taormina in the lineup, but once Foster, Larsson, and Tallinder are healthy they'd appear to be all set. However, if they continue to be hampered by injuries, the Devils could use veteran depth. I'd heard Johnny Oduya rumors before, but that's tough to see with Winnipeg still in the mix for playoffs. Bryan Allen would be a nice get, but I imagine he'll command a serious return.

*all assuming Zajac can't be counted on this year

4 points (2 G and 2 A) in his last four for Sykora...he's showing some signs of waking up a little offensively. I think the Devils have already gotten more out of him than they probably had any right to expect...the guy didn't even play in the NHL last season, and played in 14 games the season before that. Considering he was really not much more than a "what the hell, why not?" kind of move, he's been terrific. But even when he doesn't put up any points, it's really not hurting the Devils much...they're 10-4-1 in the last 15 GP where Sykora didn't register a goal or an assist, so it's not like they're counting on him for significant offensive contributions.

Sykora has 4 shots on goal in his last 4 games, so we can see which way the trend is going even if he's rolling 7s right now. DeBoer is also benching him late in games - he got one shift after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period last night's game.

Even if Sykora runs out of gas or the coaching staff doesn't feel he is able to hand huge minutes come playoff time...is it a big problem? Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson is a solid second line or you could move Elias to the top line and Henrique on a line with Zajac and Clarkson. Elias-Zubrus-Pony?

Sykora has 4 shots on goal in his last 4 games, so we can see which way the trend is going even if he's rolling 7s right now. DeBoer is also benching him late in games - he got one shift after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period last night's game.

Yeah, fair point, shots are still down and have been for him for a while. Only 15 shots in his last 13 GP.

Even if Sykora runs out of gas or the coaching staff doesn't feel he is able to hand huge minutes come playoff time...is it a big problem? Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson is a solid second line or you could move Elias to the top line and Henrique on a line with Zajac and Clarkson. Elias-Zubrus-Pony?

It's a big problem if there's even 1 injury to the top 9 forwards, yeah.

Vermette to Phoenix for picks

So the NHL doesn't care about Phoenix adding salary? Then again there could be some hope for Coyote fans according to this article:

KNXV-TV ABC 15 says a deal could be announced after the Coyotes upcoming road trip. Another source tells the Phoenix Business Journal the sale is almost complete though it still has to navigate the city of Glendale which owns Jobing.com Arena.