Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

Three Way trade

TB gets DET's 1st round pick

DET gets Kyle Quincey

COL gets Steve Downie

Source

http://denver.sbnation.com/colorado-avalanche/2012/2/22/2815681/avalanche-steve-downie-the-logic-behind-the-kyle-quincey-trade-lightning-detroit-red-wings

Looks like a big win for Det to me.

Not to be a dick, but this trade happened yesterday.

Lou better make a move soon.

I heard some more guys that may be on the block include Kuba, Wideman, and Hamrlik.

I think Wideman would be a get for us espc for a rental. Hes relatively consistent and hes also got experience under DeBoer. Keeping him past this year would be almost assuredly out of the question I would assume, so cost to us is the big deal.

Well then I guess Ruutu is staying in Carolina.

And I don't buy into this 'Lou better make a move soon' mentality.

I don't want him getting into a minor bidding war over some bottom-pairing d-man that won't help a whole lot.

I also don't want to add salary for next year (see: Zidlicky) for a subpar player.

I don't want him getting into a minor bidding war over some bottom-pairing d-man that won't help a whole lot.

Agreed with this. I only want to see a move made if it legitimately helps us. No deals for the sake of deals. And I definitely do not want Zidlicky.

Im all for a rental if it makes sense and it doesnt cost us our future.

What's the general feeling about what Ott would cost? A pick?

He has a NTC... and signed for 2 more years after this @ 2.95m.

I would think they want a good NHL ready prospect and a pick... 2nd or 3rd maybe.

Likely more, and they could get a lot better than what NJ could offer

Some stuff from the Post ...

First, for anyone still holding out hope Zach gets locked up before the end of the season and/or fearful he might get dealt:

While protesting that he’d never said so previously, general manager Lou Lamoriello last night told The Post he won’t be trading Zach Parise before Monday’s deadline, confirming what Pete DeBoer said earlier yesterday.

“It hasn’t been a distraction because our general manager has made it very clear that it’s not an issue, he’s not going anywhere. That ended the distraction, right there,” DeBoer said.

The Devils captain can become an unrestricted free agent July 1 and could be the most-sought rental on the market, if he was on it. Sources say Parise has decided against negotiating a new long-term deal before the trade deadline and perhaps before the end of the season. The possibility exists that if the Devils decide they won’t be able to sign him to a new deal, they might trade his rights before July 1, giving that partner an early jump toward signing him.

And, to me, that doesn't come off as Zach deciding against negotiating during the season because he doesn't want to stay. It sounds more like he's locked in and doesn't want the distraction.

And for some fresh rumor mongering:

They still could use help on defense, where Henrik Tallinder (leg clot) and Adam Larsson (lower back injury) remain idle, with no return in sight. And with Travis Zajac less and less likely to help this season, another center would be welcome.

The Marek Zidlicky situation remains unresolved, with the Devils perhaps unable to handle the rest of his $4 million salary. As a precondition of receiving advances on future revenue from the league, The Post reported a secret payroll budget was imposed on the Devils. That budget, separate from the salary cap, may not have room even for the $1 million left on Zidlicky’s salary this season.

A new trade candidate has emerged — former Islander Chris Campoli, expected to be launched out of Montreal by Monday’s deadline, with a full-season salary of $1.75 million. He used to play well against New Jersey and that often appears to be a leading qualification (see Alexei Ponikarovsky).

Winnipeg is unlikely to deal Johnny Oduya now that the Jets are in the playoff hunt, and many other defensemen still available — Bryan Allen, Lubomir Vishnovsky and Jaroslav Spacek — are expensive.

If the NHL-imposed budget stuff is true, then I don't expect much -- if anything -- from Lou come deadline time. It might take a miracle to find someone who can fill a hole on a willing trade partner team that wants something we have to offer without adding more salary than the league will allow.

One rumor that seems to be gaining traction is the Sharks going after BOTH Carter and Nash. I dont buy that, but the Sharks have proven their willingness to do crazy sh!t.

I have no idea how they would swing that. I guess like Marleau, Couture, and Murray going the other way? Whatever the case, that would probably be the biggest non-Gretzky trade in NHL history.

I have no clue if this person is credible. I'm guessing this guy isn't but anways..

https://twitter.com/#!/hhr_hockey

NJ & STL have picked up their interest in Pahlsson. NJ also spoke with Kings regarding Jarret Stoll...more to come

DEVILS: Could see Lou bring in a defencemen named Visnovky, Hamrlik or Zidlicky. Lubo is at the top of their List. Hamrlik interest from STL

at this point im not even sure that we should make a trade really, we're winning now against big teams and we're eventually getting Zajac, Larsson and Tallinder back (means we'll be getting rid of our dead weight but still have it in case) and thats all without giving up anything.