Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

at this point im not even sure that we should make a trade really, we're winning now against big teams and we're eventually getting Zajac, Larsson and Tallinder back (means we'll be getting rid of our dead weight but still have it in case) and thats all without giving up anything.

Im really not big on Tallinder. He has many wtf moments and is very weak along the boards sometimes. I also thought he would of brought a more offensive game when we signed him. I would package him and Tedenby for someone.

Edited by Zubie#8

Im really not big on Tallinder. He has many wtf moments and is very weak along the boards sometimes. I also thought he would of brought a more offensive game when we signed him. I would package him and Tedenby for someone.

yeah i dont like him either but who could you get ? depending if we go for a UFA or a signed player too... not too sure i'd give up Tedenby for a rental and then we dont make it out of the first round and we lost a potential good player and the other guy doesnt resign with us

i'd rather package Palmieri + Tallinder + Corrente + 2nd/3rd for a dman... i think we could get a decent return for that... maybe a real good rental or an above average signed player or a good prospect who need a change of scenery or something

yeah i dont like him either but who could you get ? depending if we go for a UFA or a signed player too... not too sure i'd give up Tedenby for a rental and then we dont make it out of the first round and we lost a potential good player and the other guy doesnt resign with us

i'd rather package Palmieri + Tallinder + Corrente + 2nd/3rd for a dman... i think we could get a decent return for that... maybe a real good rental or an above average signed player or a good prospect who need a change of scenery or something

Like a Luke Schenn? Imagine him and the a-train paired together? Hit parade I tells ya, hit parade.

Here's the thing people (and it's been said before):

Who, exactly, do you think a package of Tallinder (currently hurt for the foreseeable future) + Palmieri (currently playing 4th line minutes) + Tedenby (literally did nothing at the NHL level this year, value has hit an all-time low) + a late 2nd/3rd round pick will get the Devils?

Other GMs aren't stupid; they aren't going to package a top-pairing D-man for our scraps

Twitter's going to be the bane of the universe for all future deadlines. Between the half-baked speculation getting reported on and the fan tweets that are intentionally mocking the inaccuracy of the twitter world, I'm almost glad I'm not around during the day when most of this stuff happens. Though I do wish I was able to watch TSN.

Tallinder is more valuable to the Devils than as trade bait. When he's in the lineup, he's not flashy but he's steady and dependable. He has a few defensive zone breakdowns on occasion, but who among the Devils' defenders doesn't? More to the point, along the lines of what D118 said, exactly what defenseman would be coming back that would be a significant upgrade?

Tallinder can handle lots of minutes and makes less than $3.5 mil/year. I'd rather see the Devils keep him.

As for a package of something like Palmieri + Corrente + Tallinder + 2nd for a rental player, that's actually overpaying for most of the names out there. A team like Edmonton would likely take a return like that for Hemsky - a top-4 minute defender, another young forward, a depth defender, and a 2nd rounder (probably Washington's) for a guy they aren't likely to re-sign and who is no longer relied on to carry the offense? That's overpaying.

Also, Pahlsson? Really? If the Devils make a move to get Pahlsson it will be like Lamoriello admitting he still wishes it was 2004. Pahlsson's always been overrated and at this point in his career he's a 4th liner - making $2.65mil.

Like a Luke Schenn? Imagine him and the a-train paired together? Hit parade I tells ya, hit parade.

if we'd be trading with Toronto i know Burke likes big guys so Palmieri could work but i think Wilson would like Tedenby a lot since their games is based on fast breakout and players skating full speed and that's Tedenby right there

i think Schenn is really overated and overpaid for what he's doing but theres 3 guys on toronto's blueline that i wouldnt mind

Gunnarson is a good PMD and can be solid but he's not too physical ( $1.3m signed for next season too) 21pts - 25 years old /

Gardiner is a good skater and good offensively but he's so small ( $875k first year of his entry-level contract) 25 pts - 21 years old

Franson is an offensive right handed shooter with a good shot who can run the powerplay ( $800k RFA this summer ) 27pts - 24 years old

obviously i doubt Burke would let one of those go and i think we need more experience but i'd still like to get one of those for the right price

Here's the thing people (and it's been said before):

Who, exactly, do you think a package of Tallinder (currently hurt for the foreseeable future) + Palmieri (currently playing 4th line minutes) + Tedenby (literally did nothing at the NHL level this year, value has hit an all-time low) + a late 2nd/3rd round pick will get the Devils?

Other GMs aren't stupid; they aren't going to package a top-pairing D-man for our scraps

Well i never said it could get us a current top pairing guy but i think we could get a really decent younger guy with good upsides who could bring as much production as Tallinder now and we'd be dumping salary.

as for Palmieri and Teddy i think it's safe to say that Tedenby can produce in the NHL cause he's not a 3rd-4th line player but im sure he could do well somewhere else where he'd be given the chance and Palmieri well... he's big ? lol some could bite

Jack Johnson and a first for Carter? I can live with that if you're CLB. Johnson can anchor the D.

They do need a center to play with Nash. Anyone to play with Nash.

Jack Johnson will anchor the D, as in drag it down to the bottom of the ocean. This guy is horrible - now that he plays closer to the East Coast, people will see just how bad he is.

Yes, he probably is, although it's close.

No, he's not even close.

and your summarily dismissive posts don't make it true.

But then again you've got to watch the games.

Foster is a #6/#7 at this point in his career.

JJ is #3/#4 with still some potential yet to go.

I'll agree that LA has done a poor job of his development - but that's as far as I'll go.

Edited by DevilinLA

No, he's not even close.

and your summarily dismissive posts don't make it true.

But then again you've got to watch the games.

Foster is a #6/#7 at this point in his career.

JJ is #3/#4 with still some potential yet to go.

I'll agree that LA has done a poor job of his development - but that's as far as I'll go.

Johnson is a bottom pairing defenseman who is inexplicably given big minutes. He's horrible. He's been better this year, but he's still bad. Again, he may very well be worse than Foster, though he will probably get better.

Edited by Triumph

Johnson is a bottom pairing defenseman who is inexplicably given big minutes. He's horrible. He's been better this year, but he's still bad.

I strongly disagree that he's a bottom pairing defenseman (and on what kind of team), especially having watched about 90% of LAK games of the last years or so.

If he's a bottom pair so is our defense minus Volch, Sal, and maybe Larsson.

LA's problem is they don't develop prospects well (look at Doughty) and they have yet to find a system that fits their roster.

JJ would be a solid middle pairing D man with Larry Robinson in his ear.

DONE DEAL:

Bob McKenzie ‏

Jeff Carter has been traded to LAK for Jack Johnson and 1st round pick. Pending a medical tomorrow.

Wonder how it impacts their Cap Space for a UFA Parise? IS the fantasy over?

Edited by DevilinLA