Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

Earlier report said Rangers have definitively said they are not trading Kreider

Here's the thing about this deal: the Jackets are trading their franchise player, who also happens to be signed for the next six years. *Franchise player*. If they are giving up the guy they've been bulding around for years and the face of the club, and Sather says "okay, I'll take your best player, but you can have anyone but this guy and this guy, and this guy, and this guy... in return", they'll just tell the Rangers to GTFO. They're supposed to give up their best player and the other team is nitpicking and giving up scraps?

If Nash was a pending UFA, then yes, Columbus would have their back against the wall, sort of. Like the Thrashers with Kovalchuk, with everyone around knowing he told the team he's leaving. But the BJs might just say "okay, guys, your offers suck, we're sticking to him" and keep him or look at offers during the summer or before the next deadline. They won't give Nash away for nothing.

i would be totally fine with the rangers getting nash. as has been discussed, they have to give up something decent and it would absolutely eliminate them from parise.

This. Plus the trade might screw up their chemistry a little bit. Sather has been doing some good signings lately (!!) and it's really easy to go back to screwing the club over with big contracts. If he sends someone valuable the other way and Nash is a bust, the Rangers are looking so much worse than now. You're leading the conference by several points, the team finally clicked... Why risk dismantling that?

That's why I hope they pull the trigger on this. :P

I wonder .. with Lou so quiet if he's pulling a real off-the radar move.

Call me crazy (go -ahead), but I'm betting with Feaster announcing his displeasure of the vet leaders in CGY after some recent uninspired play and route losses - is Jay Bou possibly available now?

The contract is HORRIBLE - I get it,- but with the penchant for Debo seeming to be able to maximize play out of players he has coached (and for those who liked playing for him) if this is less far-fetched than once thought before? The winds in CGY seem to be pointing to a much needed full-rebuild if the next few games go bad.

JBou's been a bit better this year on a HORRIBLE Flames team, logs huge minutes, and is an Iron man in regards to games played.

YEs, he's soft, but if it becomes more apparent that Suter will not be available this Summer if this is something LL considers. Perhaps with a defenseman going back.

Like I said, I wouldn't have thought it possible if not for the Debo connection, but then again I would have not thought Clarkson getting 20 + goals possible at the outset this year either.

The adding salary thing is an issue with the teams finances I see as well.

Ideally Vishnovsky fits this bill the best - but if ANA isn't selling?

Just a random thought.

that post is hilarious!! lmao

+13

+11

+4

+3

+1

Are you *** kidding me? -22 worse than the 2nd worst? How is that humanly possible? Do you need more? Here's the year before:

First thing...Tri, what are you basing your criticism of Johnson on? I'm not saying you're wrong, he could very well suck as much as you say, but how many games have you seen him play? Do you really have enough of a feel for him? I'll be the first to admit I've barely watched him at all, and even when I had opportunities to, I wasn't saying to myself "Let me tune in to the Kings to see what Jack Johnson's all about."

Having asked these questions, I clicked on the hf link, and admittedly, those +/- numbers are pretty damning...wow.

Call me crazy (go -ahead), but I'm betting with Feaster announcing his displeasure of the vet leaders in CGY after some recent uninspired play and route losses - is Jay Bou possibly available now?

The contract is HORRIBLE - I get it,- but with the penchant for Debo seeming to be able to maximize play out of players he has coached (and for those who liked playing for him) if this is less far-fetched than once thought before? The winds in CGY seem to be pointing to a much needed full-rebuild if the next few games go bad.

JBou's been a bit better this year on a HORRIBLE Flames team, logs huge minutes, and is an Iron man in regards to games played.

YEs, he's soft, but if it becomes more apparent that Suter will not be available this Summer if this is something LL considers. Perhaps with a defenseman going back.

Like I said, I wouldn't have thought it possible if not for the Debo connection, but then again I would have not thought Clarkson getting 20 + goals possible at the outset this year either.

Just a random thought.

JBo at 6.68 for the next two years- no thank you. The Devils do not have bad enough contract for Calgary to take back except Tallinder and realistically he isn't going anywhere. Also don't forget the Devils need to maximize the money for Parise. However, the only way I see Lou going after a big priced player at the deadline is if two things are near certain: A) he has the basic parameters of a deal worked out with Parise, and B) he knows that there is going to be a cap amnesty clause in the next CBA.

Just a random thought.

Not a bad hypothesis, but according to the Post, we're not allowed to buy a cup of coffee and a six pack of donuts at Dunkin Donuts. Ideally the Devils would make a big move, I'm just not sure it's in the cards, especially with the first round penalty looming.

The Devils don't have the pieces for a Bouwmeester deal. Calgary is still trying to get into the playoffs.

With all due respect Tri, you should read a little bit and do some research before you compose some of your summarily dismissive posts.

Sometimes I really have to ask the question - do you just automatically proceed from the point that no one knows as much as you?

It has been speculated that Feaster called a team meeting after CGY's - EDM and PHX games. The message was sent that if things don't improve over the weekend that some drastic changes may come about.

While I agree we don't have the pieces in value, Bou has a NTC and might waive to go a former coach if Feaster was entering a true rebuild and pressed for a deal.

Much of this is hypothetical of course, but hence beginning my OP with and "off-the-grid" move by LL.

• Like 1

Could Bouwmeester be traded? Absolutely, like you said, Feaster is starting to get the trade shakes. Could he be traded to NJ? Probably not, for a myriad of reasons - there's the $ factor, there's the fact that Calgary would probably need serious pieces back, pieces which the Devils don't really have. There's the fact that Lou's not one for blowing up a team at the deadline in general.

I mean, I know you really like Bouwmeester and mention him all the time, but I don't think it's very likely.

Could Bouwmeester be traded? Absolutely, like you said, Feaster is starting to get the trade shakes. Could he be traded to NJ? Probably not, for a myriad of reasons - there's the $ factor, there's the fact that Calgary would probably need serious pieces back, pieces which the Devils don't really have. There's the fact that Lou's not one for blowing up a team at the deadline in general.

I mean, I know you really like Bouwmeester and mention him all the time, but I don't think it's very likely.

Really? find my last post regarding him?

I'm just trying to guess Lou's mind at this point and see if there's an angle no one's thinking of.

With what Debo did for Clarkson the coaching angle had me thinking of players connected to him.

I was just watching NHL live and they had brought up a what if situation involving us trading Sal+pick for either Tony Lydman or Campoli. I think Campoli is awful, but I feel like Lydman might not be a bad option for us. I know Sal plays Devils hockey perfectly, but we have Volchenkov who plays a very similar game.

I dunno, just wanted some thoughts on that.

I was just watching NHL live and they had brought up a what if situation involving us trading Sal+pick for either Tony Lydman or Campoli. I think Campoli is awful, but I feel like Lydman might not be a bad option for us. I know Sal plays Devils hockey perfectly, but we have Volchenkov who plays a very similar game.

I dunno, just wanted some thoughts on that.

isn't salvadors contract up at the end of the year too? that could play a part in it.

idk though, id be ok with not making either of those trades