Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

If they offer him the most money, do you really think he'll care? And that's not knocking Zach...he'll get a chance to play in a lot of full houses, in New York, in front of a goalie who's very much in his prime, on a team that looks like it should be relevant for a while. That might appeal to him.

Bingo. I always find it funny when fans think a crowd favorite would never ever sign with a rival because they are a rival.

If he is indeed looking to go to a contender then I hate to say this but the rags have that over us.

If they offer him the most money, do you really think he'll care? And that's not knocking Zach...he'll get a chance to play in a lot of full houses, in New York, in front of a goalie who's very much in his prime, on a team that looks like it should be relevant for a while. That might appeal to him.

It's pretty clear its not all about the money for Zach and the rangers have gotten pass the first round twice in the past 15 years. They are "better" then they have been in the past but not really that much more then us.

zp doesn't seem like that type of guy. He knows what signing w the rags would mean to the devils and their fans.

Zach might care more about what his dad (long-time Islander) thinks about signing with the Rangers than any of the fans :P

I don't understand why the obsession about eliminating possible Parise destinations when there's going to be like 15-20 teams with the cap room to go after him at least. ONE other possible destination besides here is one too many. If this were a pre-cap world I'd be a lot more worried about the Rangers signing him than now. Sure they probably have enough room to sign him if they were going after Nash but so do a lot of other teams, and if offers were relatively equal (which they probably will be for a player of Zach's caliber in the supposed prime of his career), no I don't think Zach would pick the Rangers over say, the Kings, Detroit, etc.

The family ties combined with current team ties probably make it less likely he does that jump than almost any other player. I wouldn't put it completely out of the realm of possiblity like some but I don't think it'll get to the point where the Rangers' offer is so much more than anyone else's that he's compelled to take it.

It's pretty clear its not all about the money for Zach and the rangers have gotten pass the first round twice in the past 15 years.

We don't know if it's all about the money yet, he hasn't gone through UFA and hired a big-time agent in Meehan who usually is about the money. And that bit about the first round isn't going to apply after this year in all likelihood. Besides, what does any record pre-lockout have to do with now? The Rangers and the Devils have had similar 'success' since the lockout, but they're trending up faster than we are.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bingo. I always find it funny when fans think a crowd favorite would never ever sign with a rival because they are a rival.

If he is indeed looking to go to a contender then I hate to say this but the rags have that over us.

I don't think Parise avoids the Rangers because of loyalty, i think he avoids the Rangers because they don't offer him anything that we can't.

I'd disagree that the Rangers are any more of a contender then we are. They might be a better team this year but they don't really have any more proven success then us in the last decade.

Now if they won the cup this year all bets are off but that's another thing I'm not too worried about.

We're not a contender this year.

Are we only a contender when we have absolutely perfect goaltending, defense, offense, and depth? We're not the top dog going into the final stretch/playoffs but we are defiantly a contender.

Nashville has some balls for trading away a 1st for gaustad.

I don't think Parise avoids the Rangers because of loyalty, i think he avoids the Rangers because they don't offer him anything that we can't.

I'd disagree that the Rangers are any more of a contender then we are. They might be a better team this year but they don't really have any more proven success then us in the last decade.

Now if they won the cup this year all bets are off but that's another thing I'm not too worried about.

The last decade doesn't matter. Parise is looking at the next decade.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him sign with the Rangers. I think he has a sense of loyalty at least to some extent.

We don't know if it's all about the money yet, he hasn't gone through UFA and hired a big-time agent in Meehan who usually is about the money. And that bit about the first round isn't going to apply after this year in all likelihood. Besides, what does any record pre-lockout have to do with now? The Rangers and the Devils have had similar 'success' since the lockout, but they're trending up faster than we are.

So I can't speculate that it isn't about the money for Zack, but you can speculate that the Rangers are likely going to get passed the second round?

My point about the Rangers post season history is that it isn't any better then ours so why would Zack toss everything he established here away just to go play for a team that "might" be better? A perennial contender? sure, the Rangers? like I said before, just not worried about it.

If they go 'at least' to the Eastern Conference Finals and we bow out in the first round again (a realistic scenario unfortunately), that'd be enough to show they are a title contender and the appearance would be we're still running in neutral with Marty almost done and Elias not getting any younger either.

So I can't speculate that it isn't about the money for Zack, but you can speculate that the Rangers are likely going to get passed the second round?

My point about the Rangers post season history is that it isn't any better then ours so why would Zack toss everything he established here away just to go play for a team that "might" be better? A perennial contender? sure, the Rangers? like I said before, just not worried about it.

Like someone else said, it's not about history it's about the 'next' 7-10 years, and the Rangers have a lot of good, young players either improving or almost ready with Lundqvist in the prime of his career. Sather's pre-lockout follies have nothing to do with the current team.

The last decade doesn't matter. Parise is looking at the next decade.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him sign with the Rangers. I think he has a sense of loyalty at least to some extent.

The is nothing to indicate that the Rangers are going to be competitive over the next decade any more then our team. We have some pretty big names here too and while Broduer might be a shadow of his former self, it's clear you don't need a goalie that can carry you anymore to win a cup, it's nice but not a requirement.

For a while, a lot of our fanbase assumed Parise hated sharing the spotlight and losing minutes to a star like Kovalchuk. Now a lot of people assume the Rangers might be a likely destination.

If he doesn't like sharing spotlights/losing minutes to big-name acquisitions, then the Rangers -- the league's Type-A starfvcking franchise -- are the absolute last team he'd want to go to.

If they go 'at least' to the Eastern Conference Finals and we bow out in the first round again (a realistic scenario unfortunately), that'd be enough to show they are a title contender and the appearance would be we're still running in neutral with Marty almost done and Elias not getting any younger either.

Like someone else said, it's not about history it's about the 'next' 7-10 years, and the Rangers have a lot of good, young players either improving or almost ready with Lundqvist in the prime of his career. Sather's pre-lockout follies have nothing to do with the current team.

The rangers are getting super human goaltending from Lundvist. Sometimes that's enough to win a cup in a year but rarely can a goalie ever carry a team to several. Other then Henrik and Callahan who is really having a standout season? Del Zotto maybe? We have young talent too, you don't think playing with Zajac, Henrique and Kovy for the next 5-7 years is appealing? I think on paper it's a wash and then factor in that he seems to actually like being the captain of our team, going to the Rangers seems remote.

For a while, a lot of our fanbase assumed Parise hated sharing the spotlight and losing minutes to a star like Kovalchuk. Now a lot of people assume the Rangers might be a likely destination.

If he doesn't like sharing spotlights/losing minutes to big-name acquisitions, then the Rangers -- the league's Type-A starfvcking franchise -- are the absolute last team he'd want to go to.

It has nothing to do with sharing spotlights or losing minutes. With the Rangers he gets to play for a good team with packed house every night whose finances are in much much better shape than the Devils' will ever be save for Mark Zuckerberg buying the team.

Really I think the thing that perhaps stops it is the Rangers, and especially Sather's, awful track record with signing ex-Devils to big contracts.

I think he would care. Alot of teams will offer him a lot of dough, not just the rags. He doesn't seem like a highest-bidder guy, ESP at the cost of going to your fans' most hated rival. The only way I'd see him going to the rags was if they were far and away the highest bidder and made him one of the richest players in the world. Otherwise, all things even, zp recognizes what signing w the rags would mean. Btw, it's disturbing hearing a devils fan lavish praise on that organization so easily.

Edited by devlman

Has it been leaked yet whatever that supposed offer was?

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed a Rangers' final offer of Dubinsky, 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon, 2011 first-rounder J.T. Miller, 2010 second-rounder Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this June's Entry Draft.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_don_trade_for_nash_stand_jAPkLXtsG4UrJTPv9MxcVN#ixzz1nccKYRd2

It has nothing to do with sharing spotlights or losing minutes. With the Rangers he gets to play for a good team with packed house every night whose finances are in much much better shape than the Devils' will ever be save for Mark Zuckerberg buying the team.

Really I think the thing that perhaps stops it is the Rangers, and especially Sather's, awful track record with signing ex-Devils to big contracts.

Totally missed what I was trying to say.

If we're being honest, no one here has any clue what Parise's looking for, be it a spotlight, chance to win, money, a toilet made of gold, whatever. I just think it's funny that, one day, people will think Parise sharing the spotlight will make him want to leave because it fits the "sky is falling" theory of the day. The next day, people will think Parise will happily share the spotlight with Sather's flavor of the week because it fits the "sky is falling" theory of the day.

Has it been leaked yet whatever that supposed offer was?

Brooks says it was Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas, and a 1st round pick. I don't believe that Columbus would pass on such an offer.

Okay well someone beat me to it, but still, Howson's hands were tied and he's no doubt going to be fired at the end of the year, so why not spread some of the hatred out.

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed a Rangers' final offer of Dubinsky, 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon, 2011 first-rounder J.T. Miller, 2010 second-rounder Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this June's Entry Draft.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_don_trade_for_nash_stand_jAPkLXtsG4UrJTPv9MxcVN#ixzz1nccKYRd2

HAHAHAHAH TYPICAL BROOKS!!

Tri called in the chat that Brooks would be the one to leak it.

I'm surprised Sather didn't outright say it at a presser right after the deadline.

Totally missed what I was trying to say.

If we're being honest, no one here has any clue what Parise's looking for, be it a spotlight, chance to win, money, a toilet made of gold, whatever. I just think it's funny that, one day, people will think Parise sharing the spotlight will make him want to leave because it fits the "sky is falling" theory of the day. The next day, people will think Parise will happily share the spotlight with Sather's flavor of the week because it fits the "sky is falling" theory of the day.

My sky is falling theories are always consistent.

Thanks.

re: parise - someone saying 20 teams will have cap room is correct but the list gets whittled down very quick when you consider what it will likely take to land parise:

good team

at least $7MM in cap room

ability to max out signing bonus before lockout

location/familiarity

in my mind, here are his teams: NJD, NYR, CHI, MIN, DET

a team like LA or PHI or perhaps SJ, VAN and maybe TOR are considered if the top tier don't meet his needs.

i have no doubt that if the devils can pay him, he stays. its whether the devils can pay him (or even want to beyond something reasonable which would be 7/52) that i have my doubts.

If the rangers don't have a deep playoff run, you can almost gaurantee that they will trade for him at the draft. They tried to get richards last deadline, didn't get it done in the playoffs and signed him in free agency. I hope that's not the case cuz I like Nash as a player and would like to continue liking him.