Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

That's way more than NJ gave up for Kovalchuk. I don't really see why Columbus is suddenly obsessed with defense though, unless they are trying to move Fedor Tyutin.

Well naturally it should be, as Nash isn't an impending UFA.

Is it way more though?

Maybe I'm undervaluing MDZ/McDonagh, and/or Tim Erixon (all I know is that he played with Larsson in Sweden :giggle: )

Well naturally it should be, as Nash isn't an impending UFA.

Is it way more though?

Maybe I'm undervaluing MDZ/McDonagh, and/or Tim Erixon (all I know is that he played with Larsson in Sweden :giggle: )

I think it's definitely more.

I'd almost rather have the UFA Nash than the Nash with the bad contract.

If the Rags get Nash there's no way they're getting Parise over the summer.

Doubt they would have been in the running, anyway. Detroit's the big team to worry about. Only 10 teams currently have more cap space next year that NJ, but I doubt Zach would consider any of them if he's serious about "best chance to win":

$41 mil - Colorado

$33 mil - Nashville

$29 mil - Winnipeg

$28 mil - St. Louis

$28 mil - Phoenix

$28 mil - Isles

$27 mil - Ottawa

$23 mil - Anaheim

$23 mil - Dallas

$23 mil - Florida

$22 mil - Devils

$22 mil - Detroit

Nash, Richards, Gaborik is solid enough, but add solid net keeping by Lundqvist and they're almost a lock to get to the SCF

Unfortunately I have to agree. Lundqvist can carry them all on his own to the cup. If Lundqvist comes back to earth, then I think their chances are pretty slim, but don't count on it.

Edited by Amberite

Nash, Richards, Gaborik is solid enough, but add solid net keeping by Lundqvist and they're almost a lock to get to the SCF

I agree in the sense that I think they will be favored, but anything more than that is silly. Theres way too much time left in the season for something to go wrong. If healthy, the Rags (w/ Nash) will be a force, especially if he gels. The Cup talk will have real weight to it, but saying they are almost a lock, nah. They're not going to storm anyone in the playoffs because of how competitive the top 8 in the east will be. Lundqvist has done nothing in his career to show he won't crack when the chips are down.

Clarkson has more goals than Nash. nuff said

Columbus is an awful team though. Look at Elias's numbers last year, for example. Not a great year for him, but, as he's proven this year, it certainly wasn't all his fault.

I think Nash would thrive on a competitive team.

If the Rags get Nash there's no way they're getting Parise over the summer.

this is true - which is why i'm for it. i have to think that parise ends up with one of these teams as of right now (Nash would remove NYR from equation): NJD, NYR, DET, MIN, CHI.

If the Rags get Nash we might as well hand them the cup now.

the rangers' cup hopes are all based on lundqvist. it's really that simple. if he is as good as he's been for most of the season, they will be very difficult to beat. depending on what they give up from the current roster (and recent reports of hagelin or mcdonaugh/del zotto make me smile) their skaters could actually wash out.

Columbus is an awful team though. Look at Elias's numbers last year, for example. Not a great year for him, but, as he's proven this year, it certainly wasn't all his fault.

I think Nash would thrive on a competitive team.

yeah i was kidding haha but still

Im not a cap guru but does NY really want a guy signed a 7.8M long term? They have a lot of young defensemen who are will be getting some nice contracts.

Howson better not just take the best package before the deadline. Nash is a franchise player be smart.

Im not a cap guru but does NY really want a guy signed a 7.8M long term? They have a lot of young defensemen who are will be getting some nice contracts.

The Rangers are slowly falling back into the trap of having an all-star team that can't win, circa late 90s and early 2000s. I have no doubt that these signings will soon take their toll, but for now they may just win a championship.