GDT Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

Well, do you think that Pelley and Fraser were better? The 2 teams swapped their trash so I'd say it was a good experiment

I suppose you're right but we didn't really expect much from those two. I feel like we expected something from Foster since there was talk about him being good at the point on the PP. He not only sucks at that he sucks in general.

I suppose you're right but we didn't really expect much from those two. I feel like we expected something from Foster since there was talk about him being good at the point on the PP. He not only sucks at that he sucks in general.

You do realize we traded for Foster, not signed? We traded two waiver bodies we were trying to rid ourselves of all year.

This and the first game in Boston this year were two of the most exciting regular season games I've seen in a long time. We came up on the short end of the Boston game, but thank goodness we took this one. Too much fun to watch! And it's nice to see the A-Train finally pull into Newark Penn. Hot damn was he a monster last night!

Also ...

Foster is Australian for "Albany"

... this is awesome!

It's funny, I don't get as jazzed up about the Rangers as I used to. Moreso than any season I can remember, I am really just focused on the Devils winning enough games to get into the playoffs, and finding myself almost indifferent as to who they're playing. Just feels like the Devils are in a different place right now. I can't point at the Rangers and yell "AHHHHH-HAAAAAAA!" after a game where the Devils probably would've lost had Lundqvist been in net. But it's a win, not like the Devils have any cushion to turn any down, so I'll happily take it.

I was hoping for a 3-2-1 homestand, as there was tough competiton, and they're one win short of that. Not really too much to complain about...the Devils are what they are, a lower-seed team battling for a playoff berth.

It probably depends how many games you go to and how many Ranger fans you associate with vis-a-vis getting emotionally high-strung with these games. I was pretty high-strung last night at the arena, especially after having half my row sell their tickets to Ranger fans and listening to those twats in and around 120 do 'Hey, hey, hey' in our building after their goals and 'Potvin sucks' when others tried to do 'Rangers suck'. Not to mention the dope chanting Devils suck during the frigging anthem.

Not to mention having Rupp cheap-shot his ex-mates every game to prove a point. He's a twat too, currently my most disliked Ranger now that Sideshow Sean is tucked away in Conneticut. I don't actually dislike too many other of the Rangers, maybe Dubinsky.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It probably depends how many games you go to and how many Ranger fans you associate with vis-a-vis getting emotionally high-strung with these games. I was pretty high-strung last night at the arena, especially after having half my row sell their tickets to Ranger fans and listening to those twats in and around 120 do 'Hey, hey, hey' in our building after their goals and 'Potvin sucks' when others tried to do 'Rangers suck'. Not to mention the dope chanting Devils suck during the frigging anthem.

Not to mention having Rupp cheap-shot his ex-mates every game to prove a point. He's a twat too, currently my most disliked Ranger now that Sideshow Sean is tucked away in Conneticut. I don't actually dislike too many other of the Rangers, maybe Dubinsky.

Or you can do what I have been doing for the past few years now and what the 4 or 5 Devils fans behind me did in our Ranger-filled section. Whenever the Devils scored, during and after Rock n Roll Part 2 we instead did the Rangers goal song. They hate that.

• Like 1

Or you can do what I have been doing for the past few years now and what the 4 or 5 Devils fans behind me did in our Ranger-filled section. Whenever the Devils scored, during and after Rock n Roll Part 2 we instead did the Rangers goal song. They hate that.

Haha I was doing the same thing.

I wonder why that strikes such a nerve.

I was happy to read this from a rangers fan on hfboards

"Ilya Kovalchuk is the most underappreciated athlete I've ever witnessed. Everyone is getting on Biron for looking like a scared 2nd grader in the shootout. Well what about the dozen times where he danced around our guys in the neutral zone and we couldn't even lay a finger on him. One time that stands out he ABUSED Feds and Prust and then set up a guy in the slot. He made our whole team look like a pee wee team. He always does. He's got the puck carrying ability of Gomez, the speed of Hagelin, and the shot of Nedved. Sick sick player. I am very jealous."

:cheers:

• Like 1

i think its so unfair to call him the 100 million dollar man (over 15 years) anytime he's making a mistake or wtv while Ovechkin get a free pass over his 124m over 13 years contract... when Ovi doesnt do well its just "Ovi not being Ovi" they NEVER mentioned anything about his 9.5m cap hit or thats he's overpaid or wtv, its pissing me off

"Ilya Kovalchuk is the most underappreciated athlete I've ever witnessed. Everyone is getting on Biron for looking like a scared 2nd grader in the shootout. Well what about the dozen times where he danced around our guys in the neutral zone and we couldn't even lay a finger on him. One time that stands out he ABUSED Feds and Prust and then set up a guy in the slot. He made our whole team look like a pee wee team. He always does. He's got the puck carrying ability of Gomez, the speed of Hagelin, and the shot of Nedved. Sick sick player. I am very jealous."

maybe so, but remember that contract debacle???

i remember how gomez made the team faster especially entering the zone...just funny from a rags fan saying the same thing...speed of Haglin...is this real life???

rags are going to cave, they have trouble with alot of bottom teams

they are told by torts to get physical but they are a metrosexual style team so the play is dirty.

Edited by lazer

Kovalchuk is a beast no doubt in my mind... Our best offensive Weapon

PS: Elias is our smartest player