GDT New Jersey Devils vs. Habs

ZeroGravityFat

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Holy molly what a NIGHT! hahahahaha

before i left for my buddies place some people were posting on my fb wall about the game and i some (who lost faith in the habs) were saying that there was no way that NJ lose tnight... then i said that with Foster on your team you can lose any given nights lol that he was so damn bad...

next thing you know after 3 goals 2 of them were on Foster... so while everyone were bombing my wall making fun of me and texting me, i said that its all on Foster and that if they would sit him that they would comeback...

oh well WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!

:cheers:

• Like 1

Tonight is what I like to call a win-win. The Devils won the game and the coaching staff finally benched Foster. Hopefully Larsson is okay so we can scratch Foster.

Unfortunately Larsson's injury kinda prevents us from perma-banning Foster for the moment. The next man on the totem pole is Peter Harrold, and there's nothing behind door number three even worth discussing. A real long-term injury to Larsson may force a trade.

Unfortunately Larsson's injury kinda prevents us from perma-banning Foster for the moment. The next man on the totem pole is Peter Harrold, and there's nothing behind door number three even worth discussing. A real long-term injury to Larsson may force a trade.

Ryan Suter. We have number 20 available.

Yeah I'm pretty worried about Larsson. But is Urbom really that far from being ready to come up? Surely he's got to be a bit better for the team than Foster.

Ryan Suter. We have number 20 available.

All we need to do is get rid of another Ryan

Edited by nessus

We could try Urbom again but Lou may be hesitant to go that route since it didn't work so well last time. TG reported Larsson's injury as a bruised back which doesn't sound especially serious, so I can't imagine needing to make a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Foster back in the lineup getting a regular shift until Larsson gets back, unfortunately.

How come no one mentions the Gomez Watch?

The radio announcers (i forget their names) but the woman mentioned it. She said there's this funny website about Gomez. :giggle:

I was hoping Marty would strike a pose like Price with his arms folded after the game ended.

Yea seriously. I forgot hockey was so G.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Pretty bad game but I'll take it. If they can get 2 points out of this weekend probably without Larsson, I'll take that too - injuries are starting to pile up.

This team does have a way of accumulating more points than they seem to deserve. Exactly..gotta take 'em however you can get them.

Before the homestand I was hoping for 3-2-1 and that's what I got. It wasn't done in pretty fashion, but the Devils aren't a pretty team, especially with the injuries, and goals from anyone outside the 10+ club are pretty much nonexistent. If they get two points out of the weekend, I'll happily take them.

This team does have a way of accumulating more points than they seem to deserve. Exactly..gotta take 'em however you can get them.

Before the homestand I was hoping for 3-2-1 and that's what I got. It wasn't done in pretty fashion, but the Devils aren't a pretty team, especially with the injuries, and goals from anyone outside the 10+ club are pretty much nonexistent. If they get two points out of the weekend, I'll happily take them.

Well to be fair they lost a few games they should have won too so

Not kidding... Foster all by himself cost us a few games

Well to be fair they lost a few games they should have won too so

Not kidding... Foster all by himself cost us a few games

Meh...overall, I'd say their record is probably about 5-6 points better than it should be...this team has 19 regulation+overtime wins in 50 games. That's pretty bad. But I'm not turning those points away.

I understood what Lou was going for when he traded for Foster, and Larry Robinson is the kind of guy who can get something out of nothing or next-to-nothing (even Sheldon Brookbank was playing some decent hockey there for a while), but Foster just looks like a lost cause. He probably deserves to be benched over the weekend, but the Devils just don't have the bodies to replace him, especially if Larsson can't go.

Speaking of...

I really feel for this kid right now. This has clearly been a tough year for him on so many levels...he will learn from it, but I'm sure that there's a part of him that will be relieved when this rookie season is behind him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

its a real circus around here... on RDS the habs are blaming the refs on everything

calling tripping or wtv from Kovy on Cole on the turnover that led to Zach's winning goal, to be fair Kovy went from behind holding Cole's stick and it slowed him down yeah... but its the same thing than Subban holding Pony the same way when he was crashing the net for the rebound on Kovy's backhand...

then whine about Elias push from behind but they will ignore the 3 hit from behind the habs made right before...

then call our goals lucky (they were) but when their player got pushed in the net and the puck went off his face in the net thats not lucky...

they are so damn pathetic its unreal

Steve Cangelosi needs to take some French lessons. His pronunciation of some names, especially Desharnais, was comical.

He has a problem with names in general, let alone French-Canadian ones.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it's KO-STIT-SIN, not KO-STIT-SEE-IN.

its a real circus around here... on RDS the habs are blaming the refs on everything

calling tripping or wtv from Kovy on Cole on the turnover that led to Zach's winning goal, to be fair Kovy went from behind holding Cole's stick and it slowed him down yeah... but its the same thing than Subban holding Pony the same way when he was crashing the net for the rebound on Kovy's backhand...

then whine about Elias push from behind but they will ignore the 3 hit from behind the habs made right before...

then call our goals lucky (they were) but when their player got pushed in the net and the puck went off his face in the net thats not lucky...

they are so damn pathetic its unreal

Yeah to call the officiating unfairly in our favor is ridiculous.. I was down by ice level for this one and everyone around me also saw like 5 no-calls that should have gone against them

Montreal fans are spoiled little bitches