Site Layout

sheeps

OK, maybe this is just me, but seeing as there are so many forums, maybe it would be good to make some into sub-forums? Like Trivia, Book Quotes, the Marketplace, and Forum Awards all under Heaven, Introduce Yourself and Fantasy Hockey under Off-Topic, etc? Anybody else agree?

:lol: Oh leave him alone pooh...I can appreciate his concern for the number of forums, it can get crowded at times. ;)

I'll try to answer just in my own opinion cause I'm not sure how much DM's going to be around the next few days. Trivia and the Forum Awards pretty much have to be their own forums because both are in season and we want them to get as much notice as possible. Maybe during the offseason (i.e. after the awards and the contest are finished) we'll make them subfolders if we can. Book Quotes probably has to be its own forum too, at least until the guy's publishing deadline which I think is in a few months. Introduce Yourself also probably should be its own forum, it seems to help lurkers break out of lurkage mode and they wouldn't find the area as easily if it was a subfolder.

Marketplace, I dunno that probably could be moved temporarily. It is the 'offseason' for that, since usually people just use that for ticket sales. Fantasy Hockey - well, it's the offseason for that too, I would try to move it into a sub-folder in Off-Topic later - if I wasn't afraid I'd pull a poohbear and forget to hit a button or hit the wrong button :P

Eh, I'll just wait till DM reads the thread and let him decide.

There are forums and sub-forums?  :lol:

That's what they claim. I don't believe it myself. :P

*clicks "View New Posts" link* That's the only forum I need. :evil:

Yeah. The "View New Posts" forum is great. Very active. :lol:

Most of the forums are limited time only forums. Book posting/awards will be gone by mid summer. Also the next version of this software once it is stable allows you to hide the forums you don't want to see. Hell posters only people can hide Offtopic/heaven etc.

It is a valid suggestion though.

Jeesh... I thought most of the silliness was being well contained in one crazy banal thread.

I think 90% is still hockey related. Which is very impressive considering the Devils sorta aren't playing anymore.

hrm.. how odd... no admins listed as on but yet two really fun topics just got yanked

out of hell into off-topic for no real reason and no one really complaining about them

that's kinda annoying

given yes the one thread from hell has spiraled to oblivion

the one about us all playing hockey WAS still hockey-related :noclue:

*edits*

now it's in heaven !?!?!?!

someone's having too much fun back there :P

Edited by CRASHER

Bah I did it (FWIW, I wasn't anon when I did it, I just did it before I left), what's the big deal if they're moved or not - they're still here and open and the links to them are still in Hell, it's not like they've been locked or anything. :noclue:

The naughty Devils one should really have been a Heaven-based topic all-along, I was just too lax to move it there. Besides, with Heaven not having a lot of posts it could use an infusion, and it should be easy enough to find there cause it's right below Hell and there's nothing else in that folder other than the keepers thread.

The playing hockey one, well that's a matter of opinion I suppose. It's about hockey sure, but it's also about one's personal involvement in the sport and not really NHL or pro hockey based - sometimes the forum definitions do intercede. OT is not oblivion though, hell your monster thread about the hockey game last summer (that started as the pictures thread) was in OT as best as I recall.

EDIT: I'll switch the hockey one back and bump it up if it's too inconvenient for everyone to either click to the link in Hell or find it in one of our other most-used forums though :P

it's been one of the most fun and entertaining threads I've seen on any internet forum

anywhere... and when threads get moved they tend to die.... this one's too good to let

go without a fight... and i got screwed up as I was reading it when it was being moved

... I'm like what the hell man !!?!? :blink:

at least so far the insanity of the thread has lived on till it gets moved to hall of fame :)

I'm not one for structure... can ya tell ??? :evil:

Eh, that's okay, Has.  Guess everyone just has to be more careful where we post stuff.

But, Dew, I don't want to grow up.  :evilcry:

You don't have to lose the child in you to have a life pooh...you come across as one who has a life, meaning there are more important things for you than having to know what kind of underwear a player wears or where he purchases them...tell me what is more important to you...where Elias lives or where you live??? :D

Change that to Marty and I'd have to think about it Dew. :uni: I like Elias but then, we've seen him in his underwear. :P I think it's all about a balance. I worship at Marty's altar but not so it interferes too much with the rest of my life. I do have a picture of him on my fridge so I can see his smile every morning when I get milk for my coffee. :rolleyes: If that makes me a puckbunny then, so be it. But I try to control my puckbunnyitis. If I went too overboard my husband might start to worry about me. Or even...dare I say it?...*gasp*...limit my Devils access. :unsure:

But then again, I like the levity of the puckbunny threads, if you want to call them that. I understand you're not wanting them gunking up the hardcore hockey forum that is "Hell", but don't bash us for enjoying them. :saddevil:

Edited by poohbear