Langs

MadDog2020

i really feel with the way he left that it was not as bad as we think, from what i gathered he was trying to stick up for some teammates and it could indeed create a little tension between him and the coach but if thats what it is he paid the price for "taking one for the team" kinda... plus with Zach being real close to him and im sure it was hard for zach to see him go that way, plus he was at Langs place when they learned he was traded...

The organization has nothing against Jamie. The players certainly don't as after he got traded he hosted the team at his house for a Super Bowl Party last year, and Zach has mentioned him countless time as a player he learned from and one that will help him be a successful captain in this league.

Why boo? Things didn't work out and it was time to move on for both parties. How many Devils players have left the organization on so-so terms only to be welcomed back with open arms by Lou? Jamie will certainly be in that group when he is done playing.

So many great Devils moments included Jamie. Booing him would be so unfortunate, but unfortunately par for the course here.

I think he deserves a healthy ovation.

Edited by devilsrule33

I would definitely cheer for Langs his first game back. Just because his skills diminished toward the end, it doesn't wipe out all the good he did for the organization. He was an admirable captain for us during some tough transition years. He'll always be a Devil.

Langs was my favorite player while he was here so I'll be giving him a cheer for sure. Hell, I'll even be wearing my Langs jersey. Sure, the way he left was bad but the good he accomplished here far outweighs the bad. It was just time for him to move on and time for the Devils to move on without him.

A cheer if he's announced, no acknowledgement otherwise. Hate him for the way he left? By waving his no trade clause after being asked multiple times to wave it? Just because people on the board call him a cancer it doesn't make it true. No one know what went on behind closed doors so no one can judge.

If anything I think people would have wanted him to waive the NTC SOONER since his not waiving it kept us in cap purgatory, and plus there were a 'lot' of cheers when he was a scratch the night he was traded. There was definite anger towards him. Whether we as a crowd will be more magnanimous now since we've had a year of good hockey since then or all the more angry with him since it's more obvious he needed to go by the day I can't guess.

There's no way in hell I would boo him. I don't miss him, not sorry he's gone, but booing him would be the kind of classless act that the Flyers fans would pull. I would cheer for him at the beginning of the game when he first came out, and after that he'd be just another Blue. But there's no way I would boo him, no way.

According to his coach, Langenbrunner was completely destructive in the locker room at the end. I don't boo players, I won't give them the satisfaction of them mattering enough, but I won't be cheering either.

Link or quote? Not doubting this, just want to see who said what.

I would take the "cheer for 2003 and other contributions one time" tact, then after that, he's just another opposing player.

According to his coach, Langenbrunner was completely destructive in the locker room at the end. I don't boo players, I won't give them the satisfaction of them mattering enough, but I won't be cheering either.

That's a shame. Langenbrunner was an integral part of the 2003 Stanley Cup winning team. He was a heck of a player for this for about 5 seasons and was part of so many great moments.

Why let what happened for a few months overshadow all the good that happened. And we've been over that before where it seemed like most of the team was on Jamie's side. Before Lemaire came back last year, it seemed the players and fans wanted him gone badly. It was only after the horrible first half did the team accept anyone that could help them. Lemaire and the coaching staff disrespected everyone's favourite person in that locker room and a 2-time Stanley Cuo veteran by making him dress with the rookies all playoffs, and after telling him he'd be playing, he got an assistant to text him that he wouldn't be.

I think Jamie was a pretty big baby, and made some mistakes as captain of this organization. I bet if given another opportunity, he'd act a lot differently. But no way I would ever boo him. That crap is never going to overshadow the excitement of game 7 in Ottawa, or how good he was that playoff run when guys like Gomez and Elias weren't performing up to standards. What about the GWG in 2006 against the Habs to win the division? The OT winner against Ottawa in 2007. That's what I am remembering. If I was there, I'd stand up and cheer. A little disappointed with the shrugging of the shoulders and indifference by some. These aren't great moments that everyone here remembers?

If anyone is planning on booing him or giving him no reaction...a quick question. If you saw him walking down the street, would you walk right by him or even stop and say, "I am very disappointed with how things turned out with you and the Devils and that overshadows any good you ever did here." Doubt it. Most would probably shake his hand, ask for a picture and say thanks for everything you did." Am I wrong?

Fans here jump on ex-players for any comments they make to the media about their time in NJ or enjoying the fans in (insert whatever city), and their passion for the game etc. But can you blame them if they come back and get booed?

Last night in Ottawa, Brian Elliott returned. He was atrocious last season and was considered the scapegoat by all fans and media. They announced his return during the commercial break and he got a huge ovation. And that's for Brian Elliott. He never did anything that Jamie did for the Devils.

Link or quote? Not doubting this, just want to see who said what.

I would take the "cheer for 2003 and other contributions one time" tact, then after that, he's just another opposing player.

It's Mario Tremblay on the radio, so I'm not sure you can find links or quotes, other than HF people in Montreal talking about it. If you type in Mario Tremblay and Langenbrunner in google you'll get linked to some pages that talk about it.

Off the top of my head, some of the things I remember are, Langenbrunner refusing to go out and take a shootout until Parise talked him into it, he got scratched in a game and they made him fly with the team anyway so he publicly pouted about it, and Tremblay said Lemaire wanted to take the captaincy away from Langenbrunner but they decided he would pout because of it so there was less harm leaving him as the captain they didn't want than getting the captain they preferred but have Langs tank the lockeroom. We also know the Devils wanted to move him in the offseason and he refused, which is his prerogative, but then he accepted waiving his no trade clause later, which is odd, seemed like he refused to waive it when he thought winning would be fun and then accepted it once the season was in the crapper.

I don't hate Langs, he was apparently having personal life troubles, and we can all relate to troubles at home affecting us, but it seems to me, through the eyes of Tremblay, that Langenbrunner was a big problem at the end. Not to put too much stock into coincidences, but notice the team didn't start winning when Lemaire arrived, it started winning when Langenbrunner left.

If anyone is planning on booing him or giving him no reaction...a quick question. If you saw him walking down the street, would you walk right by him or even stop and say, "I am very disappointed with how things turned out with you and the Devils and that overshadows any good you ever did here." Doubt it. Most would probably shake his hand, ask for a picture and say thanks for everything you did." Am I wrong?

I'd give him no reaction if I saw him in public, just like I'd do with any of the players.

I'vs cheered him for all the good things he's done in his career as a Devil already. I'm choosing not to boo him for the poor play and locker room antics at the end. Seems fair to me.

Want to guarantee he won't get booed? Spread this around:

Langs and Zach Parise were very close friends. You don't want to piss Zach off by boo'ing Langs :headless chicken:

Of course I personally don't think Zach would give a sh!t either way, but the average fan would probably buy into that.

Edited by Devilsfan118