Sign in to follow this  
Pepperkorn

My Scott Stevens thread

Rozzie went hunting for the first time this weekend!  She pointed 2 pheasant  Emma our 12 year old got all the chuckers    

I watched my nephew play hockey this weekend. He’s great.  He’s defense and not a big guy at all. (He’s 13).  But he’s smart and so disciplined.  When he was 3 he was a total wuss so my BiL got him more seriously into hockey to toughen up a little mentally.  He knows he’s not the fastest skater but I wasn’t shocked at how he played.  He’s very mentally fastidious and self-driven. We saw his last game of the weekend and everyone was so tired but man he took it to the body and kept his focus   I was surprised at just how focused he was! He took a pounding and just never got pushed off the puck.  I’d have liked him to keep position just a little bit more but I forget these kids don’t use the whole ice like a grown up can.  I’d liked to have seen the stick on the ice more but he certainly compensated making back up stops with his skates.  Not sure if he was exhausted though. Anyhow. I’m so proud of him!!! 

And today's topic -- The Wichita Lineman   which I listened to on the way in to work.  Why? because Ron Swanson of Park and Rec was singing it, and reminded me how much I liked that song ... and thanks to my daughter I now know my husband is Dwight Schrute and Ron Swanson wrapped up in one.

My husband was hilarious.  We were laughing at random things he'd say and calling him Dwight and he was getting annoyed (because he had no idea what we were talking about) -- finally my daughter had The Office on while my husband was around... "Wait...did he just say 'venison heart is a great delicacy'?"  (that's almost the line, 22 years ago, that won him my heart)  then a while later ... "wait... is he wearing Birkenstocks...with socks?"     and then about a week later out of the blue  "Hey I asked my sisters -- and no one thinks I'm like Dwight -- Dwight right?"  Ahh... he's so adorable.  We'll see how he reacts when he watches Ron Swanson...

HA!  My daughter just texted us they watched The Office in history class today.  timing...I think it's lost here though... and now my husband is asking the relevance ... SEE????  how Dwight is that?

Edited by Pepperkorn

So – someone has invaded my Stevens dreams!  Uninvited!! THE NERVE!

I had a dream where Stevens stood me up for a date and I saw him with his wife at the restaurant -- so I was totally bummed because I dumped my husband to go on this date (brilliant). Then this actor held a press conference to say that he stood by me one hundred percent and that maybe Scott Stevens and Jonathan Cake would reject me but he was there ready to stand by me (presumably as my significant other for life?) because I was so adorable.    --- Now I have ZERO idea what any of that means – although I have my theory – which as always, I’ll share later… (and yeah – I have no idea where the Jonathan Cake reference came from but whatever…)

Thing of it is -- a few weeks later I had another dream about this dude. This was the annoying invasive one because it felt like a Stevens dream but he wasn’t in it at all -- So in this dream it was just me.  I was flashing pictures – like head shots – this dude’s head shot and my head shot and I kept asking everyone if we looked alike.  They kept looking at me askance and saying “Have you looked at Alison Janney?” I’d then explain No I didn’t like him – I just thought we looked alike and needed confirmation – and again “have you looked at Alison Janney”  “Just have a look at Alison Janney” I kept asking what are you saying?  That I look like Alison Janney? I mean – do I look like Alison Janney??  I went to a close friend (no clue who it was – just shadow figures in the dream and this friend pulled me aside and said “You really need to look at Alison Janney” Then I woke up.  – what is that about even – I don’t even think I’ve seen Alison Janney in anything – not a West Wing fan – not a network TV watcher even, unless it’s on Netflix.

I don’t think you have to worry Scotty – the actor is the dude who plays Lucifer!  How cute is that Devils / Lucifer?  

AND – back on topic -- I saw an NHL tonight where Scotty was wearing pink.  Looked good – wondered what he thought of it.  I figure wardrobe put him in it, because he certainly didn’t take my advice. Hmph.

I need smilies...

Posted (edited)

I can’t watch NHL tonight videos!  Heeeelp!  I’m reverting to my undisciplined self!!!  I want to get rid of the $&%¥~@ chickens and sheep and move to the city!!!!  I need a nice stable stayed Stevens fix    

I’m living on gummi bears!!  I’m not eating tons of fat and stuff but I’m reverting to a diet of pure sugar!!!!   And, you know, I’ve always had that coffee thing going on so...  

A nice hunting trip sounds like real crap to me too   - always has though - So that option’s out     Working out is lame. I mean I am and all but it’s a means to an end not a self-contained joy like Stevens seem to find it.  

Stevens is older than I so I’m sure he’s  been through this kind of thing.  I always secretly hoped so anyhow...  it’s not like I’m Gomezing our or anything... but.  But.  

WWSD?  🤣

It would help if I could ogle him and catch his vibe but noooo my nhl tonight videos all freeze and refuse to open for me. Just sayin’ as they say 😊

Edited by Pepperkorn
Fun

Hey. I’m dead honest and think maybe it’s time to close this pup down.  

I just want to say I have never had any significant contact with Scott Stevens, nor do I really ever want to.  I’m a fangirl as the kids say today, and I have no other interest.  I joke around and have been for nearly   Good LAWRD ... 18 years!?!?!?!?!?  Jeez that’s just weird!  

Im sure it was just weird coincidence but I’m not looking for ladies stalking me from the dudes home town. Don’t care if it’s not coincidence and I’ve ratted anyone out. Sneaking around is bullsh!t and intrigue is even more so...  so just in case -  This thread will finally go silent. 😔  

I’ll still post in normal threads 😁

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pepperkorn said:

Hey. I’m dead honest and think maybe it’s time to close this pup down.  

I just want to say I have never had any significant contact with Scott Stevens, nor do I really ever want to.  I’m a fangirl as the kids say today, and I have no other interest.  I joke around and have been for nearly   Good LAWRD ... 18 years!?!?!?!?!?  Jeez that’s just weird!  

Im sure it was just weird coincidence but I’m not looking for ladies stalking me from the dudes home town. Don’t care if it’s not coincidence and I’ve ratted anyone out. Sneaking around is bullsh!t and intrigue is even more so...  so just in case -  This thread will finally go silent. 😔  

I’ll still post in normal threads 😁

I feel it would be wrong if after 18 years you didn't actually meet him. We need to make it happen. 

Posted (edited)

See?  Now you’re making me write here.  The Satan TV show guy is Tom Ellis from Cardiff. So it’s Cardiff Devils this was why I think I had the NOT Stevens dreams. 

This I tell  Chimaira who may have actually seen even, moreover than merely heard of the Cardiff Devils.  AND. I was in Somerset this Spring visiting friends inWashford. Having NOT gone to see the cousins we’re back next year. My husband is so NOT into Nottingham ...  we may end up in Ystradgynlais where I think no one lives now.  Or Glasgow where my family extended family owns a street in haghill. It’s my middle name - and we actually we’re trying to fight for it in the 1900s.   Now wait now...  this is dull. Yes ssooo!   Well. 

SO. Not going to meet Stevens I’m thinking. I can’t see me speaking. 😄😩  but if there’s hockey when we’re there we should try an international meet up at a game!! Although I AM an embarrassment to watch hockey with  - I’m a gesticulator my daughter informs me  and I swear in front of small children 😔

(oh and I’ll try to stop the thread. It’s totally self oriented not Stevensfilled. I lack self control -  it’s not fun  though I’ll try to paint it that way  anyhow  my daughter thinks thecall was total coincidence and my husband thinks it was not ...  it’s boring now though  2 days and I’m bored   That sad!)

Edited by Pepperkorn
Fun

On 6/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, Pepperkorn said:

Although I AM an embarrassment to watch hockey with  - I’m a gesticulator my daughter informs me  and I swear in front of small children 😔

Fit right in.

We have sold the twins but I love the crazy white bodied lamb. All ewes. 2 more coming it looks like. My husband went to the upper pasture and this little lamb was roaming around. Thems what we call oopsies.  

OK.  your turn.  Go!  Gogogogogogogogob

And THIS happened today. Mini me!  But.. we’ll — it’s a sheep and all. A ewe though!  And on my birthday!!!

2401CC51-70FE-4B79-9680-E8E73C438304.jpeg

7E74B90F-E84C-423E-8D5A-5DE2BC484D3D.jpeg

No one really wants to read this so it’s going here.  Yes someone just asked me to email a document. Gave me her email and I wanted to say but did not:  “clunge?  Your email is clunge@—.com?  Hmmm , ever watch The Inbetweeners?”