Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

JRZYRIPPER

I just posted this in the chat but:

"so essentially the Devils traded Faser, Pelly, Palmieri, veileux & a 2nd for Zidlicky"

That's an okay deal for me. I don't think Palmieri was going to become anything special, and Zid will be gone after next year anyway. So...why not?

I just posted this in the chat but:

"so essentially the Devils traded Faser, Pelly, Palmieri, veileux & a 2nd for Zidlicky"

That's an okay deal for me. I don't think Palmieri was going to become anything special, and Zid will be gone after next year anyway. So...why not?

Im with you. How Palm has gotten time up here is beyond me. He is what he always will be. Veileux is a full time AHL'er. The picks are what hurts.

Also just to be clear, we gave them both the 2012 and the 2013 conditional.

We gave up a lot? Are you guys high? We gave up trash and a 2nd, of which we have another. This is a fine trade.

A lot of trash and a 2nd. The 2nd hurts a bit. Time to see how much Zidlicky has in the tank. If he isn't finished this could be a fantastic deal.

Think how much the Devils usually give up for total dreck at the deadline.

The problem with Zidlicky is he's a player we're helping the Wild get rid of. He doesn't get along with the new coach very well, but it's about his play, too (if he was at his best, there would be no complains on either side). He's old and has a 4M contract. He's a problem for Minnesota. And we're giving up two draft picks to help them get rid of that problem. The cap hit we're receiving here is awful.

I'm having trouble believing Zidlicky can still put up 40 pts. He's not worth 4 million anymore. Sure, he's an upgrade, but he's overpaid at this stage.

I don't think anything we gave up was of particular value, and I'm sure Minnesota wasn't going to pull the trigger without the 2nd round pick in there (hence the delay), but I think there's a chance it works out.

Like most trades, Lou is going to either look like a genius or look awful, depending on if Zidlicky plays to his full potential while he's here. If he stays healthy and has chemistry, who knows? But if not, he'll look like another Havelid or something, except we have him for another year.

Don't really care about the cap hit at all, we're so far under it doesn't matter.

I have a feeling the reason Palmieri is up with the club is that he's being showcased for a trade.. That said, he was really hustling last night, a real bright spot on the 4th line.

We'll see what happens.

Made sense. He was probably told about the deal in place which may have provided an extra spark. He knows hes low on the totem pole here now or was rather.

Edited by ghdi

To be honest, Vellieux was just AHL depth and Palmieri didn't have a spot here. The 2nd hurts but it is a sellers market.

Better than not taking the trade and not upgrading. Hopefully Zidlicky can help us.

Agreed. We did not lose anything we can't replace really fast through a variety of methods. Zidlicky could be a good get, or hes Havelid/Klee or one of those guys. Im definitely more ok with it than not.

Agreed. We did not lose anything we can't replace really fast through a variety of methods. Zidlicky could be a good get, or hes Havelid/Klee or one of those guys. Im definitely more ok with it than not.

But you didn't have to pay Havelid or Klee $4 million for another year.

The $4 million he's owed next year would have made this a non-starter for me.

Edited by Daniel

I haven't been able to confirm this but my friend told me that the conditional 3rd in 2013 only goes to Minnesota if the Devils reach the conference finals and Zidlicky plays 75% of the games in the first 2 rounds.

I can see the Devils losing in the first or second round so after this condition and the 3 players that had no future here, I am viewing this deal as Zidlicky for a 2nd (Washington's). The Devils still have their 2nd rounder so overall I am pleased with this deal.

I'm ok with this trade. I don't think any of the players we traded will ammount to much, so the most valuable things we gave up were really the picks which are always a cr@pshoot. It's worth it in my opinion if Loou thinks Zidlicky will help win a cup.

I haven't been able to confirm this but my friend told me that the conditional 3rd in 2013 only goes to Minnesota if the Devils reach the conference finals and Zidlicky plays 75% of the games in the first 2 rounds.

I can see the Devils losing in the first or second round so after this condition and the 3 players that had no future here, I am viewing this deal as Zidlicky for a 2nd (Washington's). The Devils still have their 2nd rounder so overall I am pleased with this deal.

I hope the conditions are met. That would mean we atleast made it past two rounds :D

greene-fayne

volchenkov-salvador

larsson-zidlicky

not horrible, not amazing

Edited by Mayday

The problem is Lemaire hasn't been his coach for 3 seasons. A lot changes in 3 years.

He's still a special assignment guy for Lou. I'd venture he still watches a hockey game every now and then and watches tape for Lou, especially considering he's still been a coach for the prior two seasons.

If Lemaire has given Lou good reports, I'm satisfied.