Marchand: fans are classless

Devil Fan

yeah cheering when a player is obviously hurt on the ice is kind of a low blow, but if they were saying the fans were classless for booing Chara when he had the puck....umm the Rangers fans (and Kings) do that a lot when Kovy touches it. They don't find it "classless"

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to the players to be "professional" and "classy" and leave the rest for the fans. Some are pretty darn dedicated to their teams, I kind of can't blame them for doing some crazy things sometimes. I mean starting fights is kind of dumb, you'll get kicked out and possibly get the cops involved, but yelling things out (yes even swearing) in the stands is just part of the game. This isn't pee wee hockey here..

I hate when I've gone to a game where the Phailures or the Ranjerks are the opponent at the Rock and all around me are their fans...even in the good seats they buy them up, and then I hear their "know it all, wanna-be sports analyst" fans talk obsessively about players on their teams like they know what they're talking about. But then, I'm sure, they are bothered when we reciprocate. Funny thing is, our fans are usually RIGHT when we talk hockey. We're not blinded by the (O')Callahans, or the Prongers, or the Hartnells on our team - we don't have d!cks like them. We have a talented team that isn't full of goons and we've been proving it on the ice. So as far as I am concerned, let their fans talk smack, they're just drunken idiots who don't know their $h!t about hockey anyway.

While I agree, especially with how the other fans think they are know it all analysts ...especially Rags fans, I wouldn't generalize that Devils fans can be any better. I have seen some pretty ignorant Devils fans at the games, yelling and saying things that sound just as stupid as what Rangers fans say. A lot of their hockey facts seem to be from 2004 or something lol.

While I agree, especially with how the other fans think they are know it all analysts ...especially Rags fans, I wouldn't generalize that Devils fans can be any better. I have seen some pretty ignorant Devils fans at the games, yelling and saying things that sound just as stupid as what Rangers fans say. A lot of their hockey facts seem to be from 2004 or something lol.

Every team has their idiots. The Devils have plenty of them.

Also Marchand calling people classless made me laugh far to hard.