Official 2012 New York Mets Thread

NJDevs4978

Here comes the Met bullpen to fvck up another winnable game. Parnell scares the sh!t outta me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parnell gets some breaks and gets out of it...hard to have much faith in him...seem to suffer from Benito-wagneritis.

Wheels coming off in this one. Looks like he might've been distracted by the runner but Davis has to field that ground ball by Johnson

Wilson Betemit looked like a fool flipping his bat and admiring his 8th inning HR when it was 4-0 Mets. That's bush league

Also would've taken Nickeas out after he got clipped by that foul tip in the jaw...he slumped down for a few seconds and seemed a bit woozy.

Edited by '7'

Wheels coming off in this one. Looks like he might've been distracted by the runner but Davis has to field that ground ball by Johnson

Can't say that unless the Os tie it up, but this bullpen is tough to watch, no question.

Great pitch Frankie...

..and FF walks him...bases loaded...

And idiot walks in a run. Go get him Terry.

escaped this one...but I really can't stand Frank Francisco...not that we have many better options now. But this starting staff is good, the offense is in the top 1/3rd of the league, we need to bring this pen up to at least average through a few trades.

7th straight quality start for Gee. His ERA before this QS streak was 5.65...it's now down to 4.08 after seven innings. He's giving his team good chances to win his starts...all you can ask.

He was due for this kind of "positive regression". He's been too homer-prone but his other peripherals (strikeout, walk, and groundball rates) have quietly been good this year.

Edited by nmigliore

escaped this one...but I really can't stand Frank Francisco...not that we have many better options now. But this starting staff is good, the offense is in the top 1/3rd of the league, we need to bring this pen up to at least average through a few trades.

That about sums it up with FF. But the funny thing is his numbers are actually quite good lately.

His last 13 appearances (including tonight's fugly save): 13.1 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 5 BB, 14 K, 8-for-9 in save opportunities. But yeah, there's something about him you just don't trust...he seems easily rattled.

Really would rather avoid the Yankees now, but they've lost two in a row after rattling off 10 straight...and won't be hitting any cheapie home runs at citi (even with the new dimensions). Hopefully we're catching them at the right time.

Really would rather avoid the Yankees now, but they've lost two in a row after rattling off 10 straight...and won't be hitting any cheapie home runs at citi (even with the new dimensions). Hopefully we're catching them at the right time.

There's a part of me that would like to see the Mets skip Young's turn and keep Dickey and Santana on their normal days, but both guys could probably use the extra day...Dickey's coming off two straight CGs, and Santana can use an extra day whenever he can get it.

Mets are currently on pace for an 88-win season...not bad. They've managed to stay away from the bad month so far:

April: 13-10

May: 15-13

June: 10-9

June is still a bitch of a month, with 3 against the Yankees and 4 against the Dodgers that spills into July, but if they got out of June just below .500 for the month, I think they did a hell of a job.

I can't wait to face those chickens, I want to strikeout the side against them. I've done it before, I think I've said too much already

-Frank Francisco

wish he'd shut up...he's not good enough to be talking trash

Damn, hell of a first inning.

Get the feeling Niese is going to give up some runs eventually though...seems very hittable tonight. Huge DP just then, keeps the pitch count down.

I was really hoping we'd het Niese through 7...now here comes parnell and you never know what to expect from him

Parnell did the job there, but yeah, I never know what to expect from him. I felt the same way you did when he came into the game.

I like how I (and terry for that matter) alluded to the Yankees not being able to hit cheap home runs at citi...and here it is Ike's big 3 run hr in the 1st is about as cheap a hr as is humanly possible in this ballpark.

Batista pitching the 8th inning is the equivalent of Jerry Manuel using Elmer Dessens in high-leverage spots. He really shouldn't even be on a Major League roster, let alone pitching the 8th inning.

And no, I don't care what his numbers say. He basically walks as many as he strikes out; any pitcher who does that is pretty terrible.

Edited by nmigliore

I like how I (and terry for that matter) alluded to the Yankees not being able to hit cheap home runs at citi...and here it is Ike's big 3 run hr in the 1st is about as cheap a hr as is humanly possible in this ballpark.

Nothing cheap about that one.

And yeah, Batista is not good.