Devils interest in Dustin brown

caron14

Well the Kings got their offense with Carter so now they need defense. I honestly wouldn't mind giving up Urbom, Burlon, Tao, or any higher draft pick for Brown. He would be a great guy to have. He also has two more seasons at a 3.175 cap hit which is VERY manageable. He is only 27 and gets 20-30 goals a year and 50-60 points. I would definitely be in favor of this.

I'd imagine if we do jump on this it would cost us a guy like Merrill and possibly Josefson. I am really looking forward to what Merrill and Larsson could both bring to the table down the road, but I guess if we wanna win now, Brown is a solid choice... better than Hemsky at least.

Brown would provide a nice balance between producer and grinder. Ponikarovsky, Zubrus, Clarkson, and Brown are ideal grinders and crashers to go into postseason with.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

I just don't get selling non-rentals in a position that you need when you're a buyer. It's seems counter-productive.

If I was a Kings fan I would be screaming for Lombardi's head... I have no idea what he is doing over there...

They should have kept Jack Johnson. They terribly need scoring. Yeah, Carter and Richards together will help but they have a HUGE HUGE asset in Jonathan Bernier since Quick is their started. Bernier should be traded with a pick for a goal scorer... THAT is how they make their team better. Now they lost a very solid D-man and are looking to trade one of the most reliable players in the league who has a very manageable cap hit. Makes no sense.

This is the best chance we have at winning the cup in a long time. Marty is hot this year and with zach still here i honestly believe we should do whatever it takes before the deadline to improve the side. Sure teddy has potential to be good in the future but i honestly believe we have the best chance at the cup this year than we will in the next few years.

So on that basis i would happily trade teddy + say a tao or a fayne for brown. Brown is a top player and he would improve our production massively going into the playoffs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I can't see LA trading this guy away unless they are getting a first or second line scorer in return. He is the type of guy that usually excels in the playoffs, and every team needs those gritty forward to go to the net and score goals to have a long post-season run. I would love to add him to the team, but not the expense of Merrill or Josefson.

I still think, if we do a deal, it will be for a depth defenseman (a la Richard Smehlik) at the deadline.

Merrill and Clarkson maybe?

I wouldn't trade Merrill and Clarkson for him. I don't think a grinder with scoring touch is that great of a need to make this type of deal. In fact, Clarkson really is the same type of player with less skill right now (whether he can repeat his performance from this season in the future is another story).

Plus, this team needs yound stud d-men for the future, and Merrill/Larsson should be the backbone of this defense in the next few years. I wouldn't trade this kid away unless it was part of a major deal.

LA doesn't need centers now. They have Carter, Kopitar, Richards, and Stoll and I don't see why they'd need defense with Voynov moving up (but apparently, according to someone on HF who heard Dreger on a radio show they are asking for a young d-man for some reason).

Not much we have to offer. Maybe Urbom, Merrill, or Tao + Tedenby but is that worth it? Probably not even enough

Edited by Jerzey Devil