Devils interest in Dustin brown

caron14

Wouldnt want this guy. Not a big points guy and has captained a team that has underachieved the last couple of years.

food for thought:

greene/henrique/4th for brown/martinez

it's a gamble of a deal - it comes down to whether you think henrique could be a 30/70 guy in this league or not.

That would be some nauseating food lol. No way Henrique gets moved for a guy who will have a lower ppg total when things are all said and done (and has also hit his ceiling. Henrique is just getting started).

Edited by devlman

I think we need to hold on to Henrique at all costs; I'd throw him in if we were trading for Malkin but otherwise he stays put. We can't lose Henrique AND Parise, though I think Parise stays if we get to the 2nd round.

I would love for Brown to come tot he devils. He's one of my favorite players in the league. He's got good work ethic, is a grinder, and is also a great person. His cap hit is very manageable for what he does. If they could get him without giving up any of the top 9 I would be very happy.

With the top line clicking the way they are, Henrique is going nowhere. Would make no sense to upset that right now.

Clarkson could be a sell high candidate with his beastly play this season, but after the heart he displayed in Toronto the other night, why would you flip a character guy like that when you're looking to make a playoff run?

Can't imagine there's much of a market for Tedenby given he is undersized and did not perform well when he was up, but maybe in a package deal + Urbom, Tao, Burlon or Merrill. Bonus would be getting rid of Fayne or Tallinder.

If we were able to get Kovalchuk with Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier and a pick, is it unreasonable to think a similar package wouldn't fly for Brown?

Lou is not stupid enough to trade Henrique, even though some of our fanbase is. He will be a major piece of the nucleus for years to come. Once Zach is locked up longterm....

PARISE-HENRIQUE-KOVALCHUK will tear up the NHL for season after season!

I also would not trade Clarkie unless it was part of a deal to get a top 10 forward in the league. He is our closest thing to a Billy Guerin type of player in my mind. Plays hard, scores goals, will get his nose dirty and stick up for his teammates. Clarkie has definitely earned alot of respect from me this season.....

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Répondre

Supprimer

Ajouté aux favorisFavori

· Fermer Ouvrir Détails **UPDATED NHL RUMORS**Source: Early leaders for Dustin Brown ( Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Maple Leafs ) Devils & Bruins being very aggressive

he's actually ok as a source no??....i dont see how we do this deal....maybe it is tallinder or greene and something prospect/pick related

food for thought:

greene/henrique/4th for brown/martinez

it's a gamble of a deal - it comes down to whether you think henrique could be a 30/70 guy in this league or not.

what??? that is a terrible deal. i would not touch henrique in a trade, especially for that return. the kid is a stud, and if we let him go, we've fvcked up.

Love Brown and would love him in the top 9 on this club. The guy hits anything that moves and can put up 50-60 points. It's true, LA doesn't need centers (Richards, Carter, Kopitar), so using Zajac or Josefsen or Henrique as bait is potentially moot. I agree Henrique should not be moved. I'd be okay moving Zajac or JJ for a deal like this, but LA isn't going to go for that.

I'd be totally fine throwing Tedenby to the wolves, tho since he's not shown much at the NHL level, LA might not have supreme interest in him. Tedenby+Bernier+2nd? If the report that they need a top-4 D and a complimentary scorer is true, I'd also have no issue shipping Andy Greene+Tedenby+Bernier. We don't need Greene. Brown could REALLY help out for a long playoff run and make a difference.

Edited by bekim

Greene + Tedenby + 2nd for Dustin

Although I love Greene I believe Larsson can take his spot.

I'd do this easily. Andy Greene is overpaid for the skillset he brings to the table. We have too many guys that can all do the same thing. IE, Fayne, Larsson, Tallinder (tho I hate him) etc. Ship Greener out. Again, dunno that LA does this, but that's A-OK with me.