GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

NJ has been getting the bounces. Today it didn't happen. Larsson had an atrocious 3rd period - his misplays led directly to both goals by the Lightning. The puck bounces over shouldn't-ever-take-another-shift-for-the-Devils Janssen and leads to a breakaway. Kovalchuk was beast-moding for the final 3 minutes. Etc. etc. etc.

Also, do any of these characters on MSG understand how to pronounce "Zid-lick-ee"?

Is it really that hard to say?

Zidlitsky, Zidlichee, Zidgeronimo....I heard all sorts of pronunciations today.

That's because it is Zid-lich-sky, not Zid-lick-ee. You're the one pronouncing it wrong.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

NJ has been getting the bounces. Today it didn't happen. Larsson had an atrocious 3rd period - his misplays led directly to both goals by the Lightning. The puck bounces over shouldn't-ever-take-another-shift-for-the-Devils Janssen and leads to a breakaway. Kovalchuk was beast-moding for the final 3 minutes. Etc. etc. etc.

This. Entirely.

Would rather see Taormina than Larsson if it's still like this when playoffs roll around.

I have a feeling moose might finally start against the rags.

Also Elias centered the top line in the third and they started getting chances again. Seems ever since henrique came back to the top line they have had issues scoring.

Larsson had a brutal game. I guess he had quite a bit of rust.

This. Entirely.

Would rather see Taormina than Larsson if it's still like this when playoffs roll around.

Def agree about tao.

Also the devils Facebook is great. Their first update was ponis goal. And then nothing till we tied it at 2. And then nothing until parise pulls us within 1 at 4-3.

Stay classy devils

Stay classy? That's not really being classless, it's just highlighting the positive Devils highlights from the game. They don't claim to give full highlights. If you want that, then follow TG's Twitter account for game updates.

Stay classy? That's not really being classless, it's just highlighting the positive Devils highlights from the game. They don't claim to give full highlights. If you want that, then follow TG's Twitter account for game updates.

If you are a casual fan and do not want to view or don't know about TG's blog, then the Facebook site is a big resource for those fans. To deny info on the game at hand is pretty low. If the devils were winning throughout we would see updates on every goal and after every period.

Just another example of what this organization does that is minor league.

If you are a casual fan and do not want to view or don't know about TG's blog, then the Facebook site is a big resource for those fans. To deny info on the game at hand is pretty low. If the devils were winning throughout we would see updates on every goal and after every period.

Just another example of what this organization does that is minor league.

The Lightning only updated their facebook when it was positive for them

http://www.facebook.com/Lightning.NHL?sk=wall

I think its rather nitpicky to go off on the team for something like this. While I understand where you're coming from, I imagine the lack of "negative" game updates is to stop comments on that particular post from being overly negative as people can see that and develop negative opinions about the fan base. I think the weight you give the facebook page in respect to game updates is a bit silly. I agree its a major resource, but game updates?

I think its rather nitpicky to go off on the team for something like this. While I understand where you're coming from, I imagine the lack of "negative" game updates is to stop comments on that particular post from being overly negative as people can see that and develop negative opinions about the fan base. I think the weight you give the facebook page in respect to game updates is a bit silly. I agree its a major resource, but game updates?

In that case they shouldn't provide game updates at all. Either be fair or just do not do anything except post the final score at the end of the game.

I really never use the Facebook page myself for game updates. I do know some people who are far more casual fans that do use it.

Agreed. Aside from game articles on teams' websites, I don't expect to see any team using its own social media to acknowledge opponents' achievements. I suppose it is classy to send out an update saying "Wow that's so-and-so's 4th home run (or 6th touchdown pass, or 3rd goal, whatever) of the game," but I don't expect this from anybody. Maybe just say something about major career achievements by the other team's players and that's it.