GDT: Devils @ Capitals

Quinn01

Best part about this game was that the devils got the lead and kept the lead. They never let the capitals get back in the game and there was no third period collapse. Great game.

Bingo. Wire to wire domination. Hopefully this helps their confidence when it comes to holding on to leads.

well, looks like we got our answer. Kovy > Ovy

Yep. The biggest difference between the two is that when things went to sh!t for Kovy he changed his game and became an all around better player. Ovechkin just seems to be completely frustrated, when things aren't going his way he just seems to hit everything which has worked for him in the past but it just isn't working anymore.

Remember when the Caps were 7-0 to start the season? Neither do they.

25-27-5 since...they cannot keep it together for more than a few games...

Rags/Bolts tied!

The Devils aren't catching the Rags, but I'm all for the Rangers losing games. Go Lightning!

Nice to see the Devils have a great game like this after being on a 4 game winless streak. While they may not have played their best at times during that streak they really weren't getting any bounces/luck to go their way during it so it was night to see that reverse for them tonight.

Sens lost. so thats nice. nice little Friday.

This is why you don't panic. The teams trailing the Devils are going to lose games too. Devils now have two games-in-hand on the 7th and 8th place teams, and are 8 points up on the 9th-place Caps, with the same number of games played.

And the Lightning score!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Parise had a goal for just about every 3 minutes of ice time tonight. Only played 9:36.

He was 3-for-3 on his shots too. Great night for Zach.

Dammit, Rags score...3-3

I understand why some may get really worked up. When you are this passionate about a professional sports team there will be nights where you are doubtful. However you need to learn that this is what it is. Sports teams have their high seasons and their lower seasons. Yes there are people here that are over the top and I dont know what that is about. There are also people here that are overly optimistic. You have to find that perfect median.

People 'overly optomistic' around here are in short supply :lol:

I don't think anyone was being disrespectful calling out the people who were 'sure' we were going down the tubes. I don't think anyone is claiming things are hunky dorey just because we're in a solid position for the playoffs either.