GDT: Devils @ Islanders 3/4/12

Mayday

Damn I sat down to watch hockey, and just noticed it is at 3 today. Doh!

I did the same thing.

Started watching the Rags/B's game late in the first period. Does anyone know why they didn't take a break in between periods? I started watching with a couple of minutes to go in the 1st and they immediately started the 2nd period without taking a break.

I did the same thing.

Started watching the Rags/B's game late in the first period. Does anyone know why they didn't take a break in between periods? I started watching with a couple of minutes to go in the 1st and they immediately started the 2nd period without taking a break.

You sure you weren't just watching the rebroadcast? They skip all the breaks durin it.. I'm pretty sure it's an unbreakable NHL rule that you have to take 15 minute breaks for intermission

You sure you weren't just watching the rebroadcast? They skip all the breaks durin it.. I'm pretty sure it's an unbreakable NHL rule that you have to take 15 minute breaks for intermission

I don't think so. I'm watching it on NBC. I think Doc even said something about it but I wasn't really paying attention.

Maybe I'm going crazy.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Pane of glass broke late in the first. Refs decided to send the teams off (there had already been three fights and two more scrums to that point) and finish the first after the intermission. So, they played 17:00 and change, intermission, 2:00 and change of the first, then switched sides and played the second.

It's very rare, but it's not completely unheard of.

Pane of glass broke late in the first. Refs decided to send the teams off (there had already been three fights and two more scrums to that point) and finish the first after the intermission. So, they played 17:00 and change, intermission, 2:00 and change of the first, then switched sides and played the second.

Thanks. Figured it was something like that.

Good to know I'm not crazy.

Hey the Devils shut out the islanders during a day game this year, also the philly and pens games recently were day games.

But ya..not fond of day games myself. Hard to get jacked up for imo.

Nonsense. It is still the afternoon so it is perfectly fine to drink.

No excuses

Nilson was goalie if the month in the AHL u believe so..he's not bad but the way Nobikov was playing yesterday just scared me.

Nilson is getting the start though. The only way they will pull him is if we get a significant lead right out the gate. The only NHL game Nilson has played he losted 5-0.

I turned it on just after the glass broke. I believe it was our old friend, Brian Rolston, who broke it with his shot.

:gd: :gd: :gd: