New STHers

Blown01NJ

I'm sure most of you got the email regarding renewal and playoff ticket purchase information. I tried to call with a couple questions but they were busy so I figured maybe some of you more experienced STH's might know.

I dont plan to renew my tickets before the playoffs. I'd like to wait until after the season, and maybe see what other sections are available at what price. That being said, without renewal now it appears I have one option for playoff tickets, which is to pay in full now for 8 games. I know if you renew you only get billed for the games played, but if I dont renew right now I pay for the full maximum possible 8 games. My question is, will we be reimbursed for games not played? We wont likely finish 4th so I'm not expecting a possible 4 home games in the first round anyway.

I'm sure most of you got the email regarding renewal and playoff ticket purchase information. I tried to call with a couple questions but they were busy so I figured maybe some of you more experienced STH's might know.

I dont plan to renew my tickets before the playoffs. I'd like to wait until after the season, and maybe see what other sections are available at what price. That being said, without renewal now it appears I have one option for playoff tickets, which is to pay in full now for 8 games. I know if you renew you only get billed for the games played, but if I dont renew right now I pay for the full maximum possible 8 games. My question is, will we be reimbursed for games not played? We wont likely finish 4th so I'm not expecting a possible 4 home games in the first round anyway.

If you pay for next seasons tickets, you'll have priority to select another section. Then they'll either reimburse you if you move to a cheaper section or just send you a balance of what is owed if you go to a higher price.

IMO that's the better option.

If you pay for next seasons tickets, you'll have priority to select another section. Then they'll either reimburse you if you move to a cheaper section or just send you a balance of what is owed if you go to a higher price.

IMO that's the better option.

Yea I spoke to someone who confirmed this.

I just have to decide if I'm going to renew or not. It was a bit of a chore this year, namely because of the amount of games I can make and the amount that I sold.

You'll get reimbursed for any games that aren't played. If your a returning sth you can have that credit put on your account.

I have a credit on my account now from selling tickets when my debit card got lost and had to be replaced. My rep said he'd be able to put the money toward my season tickets in a day or two...too bad that doesn't help me get eligible for the first drawing or get my first choices of the prizes lol, but I guess it's better than waiting till next year to get it used.

I probably should have had him apply it to my playoff invoice instead, but I'm not sure it's really worth it to pay it in full now when the 'only' incentive seems to be extra tickets to one game this year and you have to go through hoops or wait till next playoffs to get the credit money back from the games that aren't played.

I have a credit on my account now from selling tickets when my debit card got lost and had to be replaced. My rep said he'd be able to put the money toward my season tickets in a day or two...too bad that doesn't help me get eligible for the first drawing or get my first choices of the prizes lol, but I guess it's better than waiting till next year to get it used.

I probably should have had him apply it to my playoff invoice instead, but I'm not sure it's really worth it to pay it in full now when the 'only' incentive seems to be extra tickets to one game this year and you have to go through hoops or wait till next playoffs to get the credit money back from the games that aren't played.

If you're going to renew for 12-13, seems like the better bet is to go with the cheer now pay later option.

Same here, still waiting on that credit to be applied to my invoice though....

People on HFBoards were paying their invoices now and plan on contacting their reps about credit later.. It's a good option if you're concerned about getting a better renewal prize

People on HFBoards were paying their invoices now and plan on contacting their reps about credit later.. It's a good option if you're concerned about getting a better renewal prize

Yeah with the fact there are only a few desirable choices among the experience prizes (probably with limited availability) and the fact that they have a drawing tomorrow for double the season tickets, I decided it was more important to pay now and get a credit issue resolved later. Especially since I didn't have season tickets since they started the rewards program and was anxious to get it over with :lol:

Edited by NJDevs26

Yeah with the fact there are only a few desirable choices among the experience prizes (probably with limited availability) and the fact that they have a drawing tomorrow for double the season tickets, I decided it was more important to pay now and get a credit issue resolved later. Especially since I didn't have season tickets since they started the rewards program and was anxious to get it over with :lol:

What are you paying now for, the playoffs? Is that what youre expecting a credit for?

What are you paying now for, the playoffs? Is that what youre expecting a credit for?

No, it was a credit I already had from mistakenly picking that as the payment option for selling tickets a few months ago. I wanted it applied to the season tickets, but didn't want to wait the day or two it supposedly was going to take to show up on the invoice. Maybe I'll be able to get it applied to the playoff invoice but I'm doing the cheer now, pay later option.

Ah, were you one of the new 2000+ STH this season?

No, it was a credit I already had from mistakenly picking that as the payment option for selling tickets a few months ago. I wanted it applied to the season tickets, but didn't want to wait the day or two it supposedly was going to take to show up on the invoice. Maybe I'll be able to get it applied to the playoff invoice but I'm doing the cheer now, pay later option.

Right, if you pay your invoice in full now then the credit will apply to any playoff games we have this year.. So I recommend paying now to get a better prize.. I'm sure ou'll still beat more than 80% of STH at renewing

Edited by Colin226

I know which thread over on the HFBboards your talking about. I'm just going to wait only because I really don't care which renewal prize I get. I actually think it would be pretty cool to play basketball on the Pru Center court granted they give you at least a decent amount of shooting time. O the hate I will receive for thinking this :whistling:

Looks like there are some decent perks to renewing. (Food credits, game upgrades etc)

To anyone who renewed, post what you picked:

Value - $200 F/B card

Player Events - Family BBQ & Open Practice w/ Auto Session

Team Events - Hockey 101 & Player Awards

Renewal Prize -

1- Suite w/ DAE President

2- Suite for 16 people

3- Ice cream suite

4- Basketball Shoot Around

This will be my 5th year as a STH so I get to go to 2 events.. Very exciting!

I will post what i got once i know what i get as my "reward" :). So far i have gotten items in my top 3-4 every year and this year i renewed the earliest :)

When did you renew the other years? Maybe I still have hope of getting one of the suite choices haha.

Even if not, a $200 food and beverage card, access to the practice/autograph thing and player awards (the latter two of which I've never gotten to) are still pretty decent perks, even if I wind up getting the STH chant prize :lol:

I half toyed with the idea of picking the parking credit simply because there are weekend games where it's a pain in the rear end to have an hour layover between the end of the game and the train out of Broad Street, but figured it'd only be good for 3-4 games anyway, and I might have to pay for parking the whole season to get a 'credit' on it anyway, which I won't do cause taking the train is far less expensive for me.

About the only thing i think could be added is the prices for next season by location

Supposedly some of the $22 seats are going to $24 for next season, luckily I'm at the lowest $22 row before the $24 seats start lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I know which thread over on the HFBboards your talking about. I'm just going to wait only because I really don't care which renewal prize I get. I actually think it would be pretty cool to play basketball on the Pru Center court granted they give you at least a decent amount of shooting time. O the hate I will receive for thinking this :whistling:

You're allowed to think that, but for someone like me who is a short white girl with a short white dad, we don't do basketball. Getting that would be terrible for us. We renewed relatively early and we've always gotten one of our top 3 choices, so I'm not too worried.