GDT: Devils vs Rangers 3/6/12

snartly

Ok not like anyone cares but here's some cool stuff that happened tonight:

Wow so Kovy really scored like that?

We SMT3 against the Rags??

Lunquivst finally looked soft against the Devils??!

JJ looked fvcking sweet!!

I'm so stoked to watch this on TV in 30 minutes. I'm actually hoping it's Rangers in 60 so I can hear how upset they're pretending not to be.

The Devils are the only team in the league to beat the Rags 3 times.

& just for kicks...

My buddy gets up during a PK and yells 'KILL! KILL!'. A Rags fan behind us tells him to STFU & to sit down. Needless to say I turned around and put him in his place. I think my exact words were: "Dude I know you're fvcking old and you probably have more stressful things going on in your life than a Devils Rangers game, but this is my favorite hockey team and we'll stand up and cheer all night for the Devils. People call Devils fans pussies right? You're definitely not fvcking with one right now."

His friends calmly told him not to tell us to sit down and to STFU anymore. He was silent the rest of the game. :koolaid:

i'da done the same thing if he told me to sit down in my own fvckin arena. thats the kinda sh!t im talking about. those dirtbags come into our arena and act like it's their home. good job standing your ground.

i'da done the same thing if he told me to sit down in my own fvckin arena. thats the kinda sh!t im talking about. those dirtbags come into our arena and act like it's their home. good job standing your ground.

Dude I was like stunned. First I thought it was a Devils fan. I was like am I in fvcking Bizzaro World?

Then I find out it's a Rangers fan and I was like you can't be serious ? ??

Oh and a Rangers fan turned around and told me that dude the Rags just got from Chicago, Scott, would come into the stands and kick my ass lol :giggle:

I have so many terrible quotes that I've heard from Rags fans during my 5 games of watching these teams. It's sad actually.

really hope this carries on into thursday against the islanders. i dont see how it couldn't. we skated circles around the top team in the east tonight, for most of the game. that must do something for their confidence. for now though, im going to continue my celebration with a southern tier pumking :cheers: .

Edited by Kovy138

sam rosen is a moron. on nhl tonight, they were showing highlights of the game with the rangers telecast and during the carter/dubinsky fight, he calls him John Carter :blink:

hah

they thought el capitan was mc doughnut

great hit #14

the one goal on marty was a rip

Edited by lazer

Ok not like anyone cares but here's some cool stuff that happened tonight:

Wow so Kovy really scored like that?

We SMT3 against the Rags??

Lunquivst finally looked soft against the Devils??!

JJ looked fvcking sweet!!

I'm so stoked to watch this on TV in 30 minutes. I'm actually hoping it's Rangers in 60 so I can hear how upset they're pretending not to be.

The Devils are the only team in the league to beat the Rags 3 times.

& just for kicks...

My buddy gets up during a PK and yells 'KILL! KILL!'. A Rags fan behind us tells him to STFU & to sit down. Needless to say I turned around and put him in his place. I think my exact words were: "Dude I know you're fvcking old and you probably have more stressful things going on in your life than a Devils Rangers game, but this is my favorite hockey team and we'll stand up and cheer all night for the Devils. People call Devils fans pussies right? You're definitely not fvcking with one right now."

His friends calmly told him not to tell us to sit down and to STFU anymore. He was silent the rest of the game. :koolaid:

In fairness, Lundqvist didn't really look soft...we all know what Kovy can do (that was a goal-scorer's goal for sure), and Clarkson's goal was the definition of a fortunate bounce. Devils played a strong game for sure, but amazing how different a game can look and feel when the bounces go your way.

I know some will talk about the Flyer fanbase and how much they suck, but to me the most overrated lot of annoying jizzbuckets are the Ranger fans, without question. Yes, I know some cool ones, and yes, I have friends who are Ranger fans who are capable of talking intelligent hockey, but most of the ones I meet fit a certain bill.

Even if they're not dumb, they have a way of sounding dumb.

They think that somehow playing in NY equates them to being the Yankees of the NHL...that they have some rich tradition of winning and success by default. They beat their chests when they have precious little to beat them over.

No matter how good or bad their on-ice product is, or what style of hockey their team plays, Ranger fans are always convinced that their team plays an exciting brand of hockey that is good for the NHL. I know this because, when the Rangers were missing the playoffs for seven straight seasons, on ESPN and other message boards they said as much, and of course talked about how boring the Devils were. Of course we remember how unwatchable the 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 Devils were. Damn that sleep-inducing A-line!

They have that god-awful Noo Yawk accent...

...which makes their same tired quips about parking lots, attendance, the trap, and all the other jokes Ranger fans still find hilarious for the past 20 years or so that much more grating on the ears.

And no one can bitch about Marty getting starts against the Rangers anymore...he's 3-2, but with a 1.59 GAA and .931 save%, and one of the losses came in a game where he surrendered just one goal. Whatever difficulties the Devils have had with the Rangers can't be put on Marty this season.

And 2-1-1 to start a tough month. Not too bad, really. If they split the next four games, I'll take it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Why do the Rangers have a goal song at our arena?

would it make up for that awful bellyache chant they do after scoring a goal at MSG? Seriously, it sounds like the crowd has diarrhea or something. At least we have a real song (even though others use it too)

And no one can bitch about Marty getting starts against the Rangers anymore...he's 3-2, but with a 1.59 GAA and .931 save%, and one of the losses came in a game where he surrendered just one goal. Whatever difficulties the Devils have had with the Rangers can't be put on Marty this season.

The Marty vs. Hank head-to-head comparison this season is pretty remarkable:

Lundqvist

2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.26 GAA - .947 Sv%

Brodeur

2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.27 GAA - .944 Sv%

Not only are their head-to-head stats nearly identical, but the outcomes of their games have been too. Both goalies have 1-0 and 3-1 (not counting ENGs) wins against each other.

Anyone who still says Lundqvist is outplaying Brodeur either isn't watching or is completely braindead. Marty has absolutely brought his A-game whenever Padzilla is at the other end of the ice.

Edit: Forgot about the ENG at the end of last week's game. Reworded to reflect that.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

would it make up for that awful bellyache chant they do after scoring a goal at MSG? Seriously, it sounds like the crowd has diarrhea or something. At least we have a real song (even though others use it too)

I'm not talking about their heyhey chant the fans do. The arena played a really upbeat song (sounded like the offspring) and they played it in the december game too. Usually the organ guy plays a little gloomy thing after a goal.

The Marty vs. Hank head-to-head comparison this season is pretty remarkable:

Lundqvist

2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.26 GAA - .947 Sv%

Brodeur

2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.27 GAA - .944 Sv%

Not only are their head-to-head stats nearly identical, but the outcomes of their games have been too. Both goalies have 1-0 and 4-1 (really 3-1 w/ an ENG) wins against each other.

Anyone who still says Lundqvist is outplaying Brodeur either isn't watching or is completely braindead. Marty has absolutely brought his A-game whenever Padzilla is at the other end of the ice.

Wow, that's amazing.

It's funny, I haven't heard much Girardi for Norris talk lately, have you?

Chances counter had this game at 22-11 Devils, was surprised it was that high, but the Devils were absolutely crushing the Rangers in the neutral zone and in transition. Complete 180 from last week. Gotta love Zidlicky's game as well - like I said, haven't had a guy like this since Rafalski.

in case your 20 something and dont know what real music sound like, early offspring is good, not what they turned into, this one came out before you were born.

this one should not be a "goal"song ahem to special to me

the guy @2:50 on the mic is not in the band lol

Edited by lazer

I also think Clarkson has gotten better as a player. He's not going to score 30 goals again, probably, but 20? I could see that. He's not making as many dumb plays, it seems. He's not toe-dragging every time, or going for a wraparound every time.

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

Edited by Triumph

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

That's funny that you say that, I can barely recall hearing his name mentioned during the game last night.