The Race For 6th Thread

Triumph

It's not a matter of we will win against the Panthers, at least not for me. It's a matter of survival, they're the only ones we're better than 50-50 to beat. We just weren't beating many other teams in the first round, maybe later after they get beat up a little but we have to get through the first round to get confidence against those teams.

they don't ask how, they ask how many.

i'm totally fine with a canes like schedule to the cup:

true ideal

devils beat fla in round 1

devils beat ottawa, who upsets boston in round 2 (pitt (over philly) beats caps (upset nyr)

devils beat caps who upset pitt in round 3

devils beat nashville in cup finals while gary betteman weeps and hockey gets crushed because ratings consist of members of this board and the state of tennessee.

true ideal

devils beat ottawa, who upsets boston in round 2 (pitt (over philly) beats caps (upset nyr)

devils beat nashville in cup finals while gary betteman weeps and hockey gets crushed because ratings consist of members of this board and the state of tennessee.

Damn you, not going to be able to sleep tonight playing this out in my head

true ideal

I think whichever team wins the 4 VS 5 series will be drained and ran out of gas. In other words, they winner will be hunted in Round 2. Prediction: Penguins beat Flyers and get their butt kicked in round two.

I wouldn't put it past the Cryers to tank their last 2 games... so let's hope the Devils have it in them to tank against Ottawa if necessary.

If we go to Detriot with nothing to play for and win there, when they need the game, it's gonna be a short playoff for Detriot.

Theodore can **** off, probably cost me a fantasy playoff today with that wonderful choke job.

I hate to say it but i'm totally rooting for Detroit thursday vs Devils!!! I'm glad they are in a battle trying to keep 4 seed and will need to win Thursday night!

Does Detroit even care about the #4 seed? If I'm them it wouldn't faze me dropping back to sixth and playing the last clown standing in the Pacific as opposed to a Chicago or Nashville war.

Theodore can **** off, probably cost me a fantasy playoff today with that wonderful choke job.

Does Detroit even care about the #4 seed? If I'm them it wouldn't faze me dropping back to sixth and playing the last clown standing in the Pacific as opposed to a Chicago or Nashville war.

Detriot sucks on the road and you don't want to screw around with seeding in the West. Playing Vancouver in the second round is a whole other ballgame than playing the Rangers. But mainly, they suck on the road.

A six seed gives you a much better chance of playing the #1 seed in the 2nd round. A four seed might even get you home ice in the 2nd round with an upset or two.

A six seed gives you a much better chance of playing the #1 seed in the 2nd round. A four seed might even get you home ice in the 2nd round with an upset or two.

That's if you even get to the second round, after a division war with a good team in the first round.

If Detroit's motivated by home-ice they sure haven't played like it in recent weeks :P

Devils did their job...they made the Ottawa game (last one of the regular season) meaningless, and a game ahead of schedule to boot, thanks to Ottawa losing to the 'Canes. Wow, imagine that...a team losing to an opponent lower than them in the standings...some Devils fans are convinced that such a travesty only happens to the Devils.

Curious to see what DeBoer's MO will be the next two...whether he treats them as important games or uses them as opportunities to rest some of his players.

While talk really means nothing, I just really hope that the Devils do not look past the Panthers.

I don't think they will. For one, a lot of guys who are used to making the playoffs every year are going to be thrilled to be back in...for some of them, it'll probably feel new and exciting again. And there's the whole DeBoer/Florida thing, for what that's worth.

I can see Kovy and Zach having a monster series vs. Florida. Their defense is suspect, and both have something to prove (Kovy - that he can win in the playoffs, Zach - playing for a mega-contract). I don't think the team will take this lightly.

Also, the Devils ownership/management can't be happy with this matchup as it is going to be tough for them to sell out these games without giving serious discounts on tickets, which their playoff pricing strategy for season ticket holders in the balconies ($50/game) and 200 level doesn't really allow.

I'm just happy to be back in the playoffs after a strong and entertaining season. The real season starts Wed./Thurs.

Also, the Devils ownership/management can't be happy with this matchup as it is going to be tough for them to sell out these games without giving serious discounts on tickets, which their playoff pricing strategy for season ticket holders in the balconies ($50/game) and 200 level doesn't really allow.

Well it's their fault for jacking up prices that are much worse than the premiere games. But I think if the Devils somehow go up 2-0 in the series it wouldn't matter too much.