Avery Retiring?

Legion15

Figures he would announce it on Bravo TV :rolleyes: (could have been worse, could have been a show on LOGO)

I think he can read the writing, nobody wants him. He and his mouth are too much of a liability

NHL.COM: Avery Retiring?

Is Sean Avery done with hockey?

The controversial forward told a live viewing audience during the online "After Show" segment of Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live", that he was calling it quits.

Avery's announcement came after the show's host, Andy Cohen, posed a viewer question to him regarding his future.

"Sean, what are your thoughts about your hockey future?" Cohen asked Avery.

The 31-year-old Avery lounged back in his chair and said: "I am officially retired; I threw my skates in the Hudson [River]."

He'd be a fool to retire now. Maybe he'll file at seasons end; the Rags don't want him anywhere... but they still have to pay him to sit home. If he retires, they don't pay.

He'll collect the March and April checks before his contract expires.

I don't know the fees/benefits of remaining active/retiring. But I would think if I'm 31, I wouldn't file retirement just yet.

He'd be a fool to retire now. Maybe he'll file at seasons end; the Rags don't want him anywhere... but they still have to pay him to sit home. If he retires, they don't pay.

He'll collect the March and April checks before his contract expires.

I don't know the fees/benefits of remaining active/retiring. But I would think if I'm 31, I wouldn't file retirement just yet.

But you're also not a delusional mental patient who believes you're about to strike it rich in the world of fashion. You'd be right if we were talking about a rational person here. Anyway good riddance. Honestly it's been refreshing to not here about him anymore for a while since he hasn't been playing this year. Finally the Rangers figured out what everybody else already knew a while ago - Avery is a talentless waste of space.

I think as douchey as Avery is and has always been, I think part of the anger and hatred towards him from our fanbase is, deep down, we know his nonsense got the best of us more than once. I really wish I could say the Devils could've turned the other way when it came to him, but they didn't...he DID get to them at times, and the '07-'08 playoffs were the worst...3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, while clearly getting in the minds of the Devils yet again. That series was that much more maddening to watch for that reason alone. It was like every other NHL team knew that Avery was a clown, except for ours, who for some reason let his antics get to them. I'll never understand why.

I'd rather not even acknowledge him...it's almost like we're admitting like he still gets to us somehow.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Bottom line the league had to add further clarity to what is unsportsmanlike because of this guy.

"yeah, if you are on the ice, you need to follow the puck/action instead of playing a game of I'm not touching you w/ the goaltender"

I think as douchey as Avery is and has always been, I think part of the anger and hatred towards him from our fanbase is, deep down, we know his nonsense got the best of us more than once. I really wish I could say the Devils could've turned the other way when it came to him, but they didn't...he DID get to them at times, and the '07-'08 playoffs were the worst...3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, while clearly getting in the minds of the Devils yet again. That series was that much more maddening to watch for that reason alone. It was like every other NHL team knew that Avery was a clown, except for ours, who for some reason let his antics get to them. I'll never understand why.

I'd rather not even acknowledge him...it's almost like we're admitting like he still gets to us somehow.

I agree with almost all of this...bottom line the guy is a joke. He's a joke because of his antics, his untasteful comments to the media concerning his personal life, his comments to other players bringing in religion or ethnicity. The part of him that ISN'T a joke is he's extremely effective in the role he plays. IF he ever learned how to not go over that line, he might have been an extremely talented player in that particular role. Let's face it, he can score, he can hit, and he can talk sh!t and distract the other teams players. Done properly, that's a role that every team needs.

Don't even for one second believe his career is done in the NHL, in Sean Avery's eyes. He wants everyone to think that, so we all talk about it. Which, we are all talking about it. It's all over FB, NHL, Twitter, and message boards. It did it's trick just as Sean Avery intended.

Now if only he would stop with tricks/antics and just play some decent hockey, like he can do, he'd become an effective player in the NHL. Kind of like David Clarkson, with just a little more AHL experience.

P.S. fvck Sean Aver that ragdolled turtling mother fvcker!

Edited by Coorslight

I always hoped Avery would sign with the Devils for a game when we played the Rangers and give back to them and their fanbase the "love" he showed us. Imagine Avery wavying his stick in front of Big Pads and Kovalchuk skating over saying, "Team no like, please stop."

Or maybe Avery could pretend to go with Dubinsky, Gaborik, Scott, or anyone on the team and then when that player dropped their gloves skate away.

I would love to copy and watch the opposing feed of the game. Would the commentators get "it" or would they simply see him for the fecal waste he is. Either way, I would enjoy that game and maybe eat some popcorn!

I have actually seen Rangers fan friends (yes, "friends", plural) of mine on Facebook saying that 16 should be raised to MSG's rafters. I wish I was making this up.

Being part of the '94 team is no longer a prerequisite. Make way for Avery, Rozsival, Poti, Blackburn, Malhotra, Jessiman and all the other "next great" Rangers.

I always hoped Avery would sign with the Devils for a game when we played the Rangers and give back to them and their fanbase the "love" he showed us. Imagine Avery wavying his stick in front of Big Pads and Kovalchuk skating over saying, "Team no like, please stop."

Or maybe Avery could pretend to go with Dubinsky, Gaborik, Scott, or anyone on the team and then when that player dropped their gloves skate away.

I would love to copy and watch the opposing feed of the game. Would the commentators get "it" or would they simply see him for the fecal waste he is. Either way, I would enjoy that game and maybe eat some popcorn!

:e-drama:

Kovy and Avery together? My dear gawd.

I just love that all of my Ranger friends do not speak a word of Avery ever since he was sent down. They all worshiped him, what happened to all the loyalty? Most laughable fanbase ever.

Edited by Zubie#8