GDT: Devils (yay!) @ Rangers (boo!) - 3/19/2012

NJCroMag

Wow. Never fails.

When things get tough this team folds.

fvcking Dubinsky? Please.

Save the overreactions and bitching for after the game. Too early to call this one yet. Pretty crappy start regardless...God it's amazing how slooooooooooow this team can look at times, no matter who the opponent is.

The dumbest move all season by anyone was DeBoer sending out the goon line for ANOTHER staged mass fight at the opening faceoff. Unbelievable...the Rangers come in slumping, we'd beaten them the last two and they're choking away their divsion lead - earth to Pete, you just fired them and the crowd up unneccesarily! God, I hate this fourth line.

It's a joke anyway, what happens if we meet in the playoffs, six fights at the opening faceoff?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Anyone see why salvador got the 10 minute misconduct?

For being the third man in getting Bickel off Carter after he jumped on him when the bleeding started.

Another reason why that staged crap was just stupid, we lost our top defenseman for the first ten minutes because of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The dumbest move all season by anyone was DeBoer sending out the goon line for ANOTHER staged mass fight at the opening faceoff. Unbelievable...the Rangers come in slumping, we'd beaten them the last two and they're choking away their divsion lead - earth to Pete, you just fired them and the crowd up unneccesarily! God, I hate this fourth line.

It's a joke anyway, what happens if we meet in the playoffs, six fights at the opening faceoff?

Yeah, the staged fight nonsense is getting old indeed, but I think the Rangers were coming out fired up regardless.

This game is super frustrating to start...

It wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't seen this before, but the whole two-steps-slower thing with the Devils has been a playoff staple since 2003-04. The only two real exceptions were the series sweep against the Rangers (who were a mess) and the Lightning (who had serious goaltending issues). The seven-game loss to the Hurricanes could also be considered an exception, but there were definitely enough of those moments throughout that series.

Anyway, it's not so much that they're probably not going to get much further than the second round in the playoffs that irks me right now...if they won a round, I'd take that...it's HOW they're going to lose...that two-steps slower phenomenon is soooooooo maddening to watch.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I didn't even think of that.

I wonder why Torts was so pissed. The Rags needed a kick in the ass and they got it.

And yea..4th line is an embarrassment to hockey.

I like fighting in hockey obviously, but you win by scoring.

That line serves no purpose 98% of the time.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't seen this before, but the whole two-steps-slower thing with the Devils has been a playoff staple since 2003-04. The only two real exceptions were the series sweep against the Rangers (who were a mess) and the Lightning (who had serious goaltending issues). The seven-game loss to the Hurricanes could also be considered an exception, but there were definitely enough of those moments throughout that series.

Anyway, it's not so much that they're probably not going to get much further than the second round in the playoffs that irks me right now...if they won a round, I'd take that...it's HOW they're going to lose...that two-steps slower phenomenon is soooooooo maddening to watch.

Agreed... I feel like this is Saturday all over again. I hate to be one of those fans who scream "SHOOT IT!!" every two seconds but it's starting to get that way. Parise & Henrique have made a few really bad passes when they could've just shot it and tried to get a rebound or something.

Also, I am really beginning to wonder if we will ever do anything other than feed Kovy for a PP. It looks beautiful when it works but when it fails repeatedly it's like okay, can we try to put a body in front of the net and get the ugly goal or something? I don't know.