GDT: Devils (yay!) @ Rangers (boo!) - 3/19/2012

NJCroMag

It's amazing that we're 3-3 against the Rangers and Flyers, and 3-2 against the Pens and yet I'm not 'at all' confident in beating any of these teams if we met in the playoffs. I mean the Pens got 40 shots on net in like three or four of the games against us and are a different team now, we can't score on Bryzgalov and Pete just can't help but play the useless goons against the Rangers. Not to mention Marty stole one or two of those games we did beat the Rangers in.

I agree 100%. Devils will lose any one of those series in six games or less. In the same maddening two-steps-slower fashion.

My hope is that they wrap up the #6 seed, knock out the #3, and then somehow have enough confidence built up to do better against those teams than I'm expecting.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I agree 100%. Devils will lose any one of those series in six games or less. In the same maddening fashion two-steps-slower fashion.

My hope is that they wrap up the #6 seed, knock out the #3, and then somehow have enough confidence built up to do better against those teams than I'm expecting.

If the Sens win tomorrow, things get very interesting. This is a rested Sens team going against a very tired Devils game. I'd be happy with a point, but that's going to be tough.

I'm tired of watching our team play like crap. We desperately need a win tomorrow night and need to break out of this funk. All night long we were forcing offensive plays that weren't there, over-passing, breaking down defensively, and taking stupid penalties. Just a dumb game all around. Only reason it was close is because Lundqvist was off his game. Most of the time we would have been shut out in a game like that. Just not good enough. There's still time before the playoffs but we need to get our act together.

Well.

Not confident about tomorrow.

We can't get SOG. We are scaring no body right now.

Perfect time for us to start playing like this, but with that said the Devils could have won this game.

About 3 miss opportunities to bury a goal (as usual vs. the Queen) & Marty giving up 2 maybe 3 pretty soft goals.

Whatever. I guess the schedule is just catching up with us?

I don't know what to make of it. They just look like they don't want to win right now.

Oh and tonight is another prime example of why I dislike PDB.

Shouldn't have riled up the crowd.

Shouldn't have started Brodeur who played against a monster Pittsburg Penguins squad and who faced 44 SOG. I don't care if he had a day off. He's 39. I'm 27 and get winded. Imagine how he feels.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

It's like sometimes we're great but when other teams take it to the next level we stay playing regular season hockey.

It's funny...I was thinking that the Devils seem to play their best hockey when some of the other teams are experiencing their "dog days", but when the stakes go up, and several of the other playoff contenders take their game up a notch, the Devils seem powerless to match it. That slowness thing just makes me crazy.

I really don't want to overreact to this game, and what has been a tough schedule, but all I keep thinking is, "Dammit I've seen this sh!t before." Too many times. But I AM bouyed by the fact that they will probably get the #6 seed.

A few things I came away with:

1. Lundquist is human. Get in close, high shots, get him moving.

2. Parise, Kovalchuk and Henrique have been replaced by pod people.

3. The Rangers will collapse if you get sustained pressure on them.

BTW, I don't think the Rangers match up well against either the Caps or Sens. Plus if the Rags end up in 4th, they will play Philly. Those two will beat the crap out of each other and Summer's Eve will probably be a major series sponsor.

• Like 1

...There's still time before the playoffs but we need to get our act together.

That's how I feel about it. Obviously the Devils are not as good as the Pens or the Rangers. But they're also not as bad as the scores of the last two games seemingly indicate. I just think the Devs got jumped at the wrong time by a couple of teams looking to prove something at that exact moment. Last time the Devils played the Rangers, Jersey had something to prove and it showed in the result.

Even though another tough match-up looms against Ottawa, the Devils will still have more games in which to find themselves again

Not worried.

Edited by 95Crash

Kovalchuk. Where was he? :angry: Kovalchuk being invisible so many times is what really angers me.

Playing 26 minutes a night doesn't help either, especially in such a compressed schedule - but you can thank DeBoer's fascination with Goon Central for that. At least Kovy shows up 'most' of the time against the Rangers, when does the captain/FA to be ever do so?

I really don't want to overreact to this game, and what has been a tough schedule, but all I keep thinking is, "Dammit I've seen this sh!t before." Too many times. But I AM bouyed by the fact that they will probably get the #6 seed.

Only if we win tomorrow, otherwise it's 50-50 at best :lol: God, this place will be unreadable if they don't, especially if Buffalo and Washington continue to win. They really don't need to add any unneccesary drama.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Things are getting more frustrating by the game. I suppose it is better now since they have time to get back on track but they sure look terrible lately.

Why not crash the net for rebounds? The pass-shot decision making is becoming putrid. STOP DUMPING THE PUCK IN AND GO TO THE NET. These guys have skated with the big boys all season, how can they be struggling so bad now?

I'm starting to not mind Parise leaving, he doesn't do sh!t anymore. Henrique was going 150 mph before crashing into the rookie wall not able to produce. I don't mind Kovy passing up shots when things are going well, but when we are struggling to get shots on net, he has to rip it every chance he gets. Break up the top line.

The Devils played right into the rangers hands tonight. All three forwards on the boards cycling and sometimes winning the puck to a dman for a weak shot that would never reach.