GDT: Devils (yay!) @ Rangers (boo!) - 3/19/2012

NJCroMag

Things are getting more frustrating by the game. I suppose it is better now since they have time to get back on track but they sure look terrible lately.

Why not crash the net for rebounds? The pass-shot decision making is becoming putrid. STOP DUMPING THE PUCK IN AND GO TO THE NET. These guys have skated with the big boys all season, how can they be struggling so bad now?

I'm starting to not mind Parise leaving, he doesn't do sh!t anymore. Henrique was going 150 mph before crashing into the rookie wall not able to produce. I don't mind Kovy passing up shots when things are going well, but when we are struggling to get shots on net, he has to rip it every chance he gets. Break up the top line.

The Devils played right into the rangers hands tonight. All three forwards on the boards cycling and sometimes winning the puck to a dman for a weak shot that would never reach.

It's pretty weird that Parise was set up Holmstrom-style in front of Lundqvist for like a minute. I don't think I've seen a Devils player since Brian Gionta do something like that.

Well two wins 'might' be all it takes to clinch but I'd rather not find out, especially with the Caps and Buffalo both hot and Florida having two games in hand. Beating Ottawa tomorrow could go a long way to keeping them at bay and reducing the magic number.

This is looking more and more like Sutter's first year by the day, where they nearly went from #1 seed to out of the playoffs till they finally scratched out a win or two late to keep from getting to the cliff.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It would take a mets level collapse for the devils to miss the playoffs. They'll be there, most likely at 6th seed.

I'm not saying it's possible, but most teams have 9 or 10 games left. The Sens are within an arm's length of getting even or past us and Florida, Washington and Buffalo could seemingly all win more than lose more. Add to the fact that the Devils still have a really tough schedule and a Met-like collapse is not needed.

I know he didn't score tonight, but I thought Zach was the best player on the top line tonight. I don't know if it will ever happen this year, but I'd still like to see him and Kovy on separate lines.

I thought Parise was pretty bad. Multiple bad turnovers when under little to no pressure.

I'm not saying it's possible, but most teams have 9 or 10 games left. The Sens are within an arm's length of getting even or past us and Florida, Washington and Buffalo could seemingly all win more than lose more. Add to the fact that the Devils still have a really tough schedule and a Met-like collapse is not needed.

The Devils are not missing the playoffs. They may not do much when they get there, but they're getting in. If Ottawa wins tonight, the Devils could possibly drop to 7th in the days to come, but it would take a lot for them to drop to 8th...they're up on the 8th seed by 7 points, with nine to play. And it's not like Washington has shown itself to be capable of going on the kind of tear that would be needed to catch the Devils and overcome them. And even if the Devils were to lose tonight, and eventually fall behind Ottawa, they still have a game against them to end the season.

It's not a sure thing, but they're probably finishing 6th, even with this slump...the Devils win tonight and it's very close to being a sure thing.

Was at the Garden, tonight. (well, I just got home). Quite a few Devs fans, which is always a good thing. I was up in 424 with my Oduya jersey.

We played like sh!t, yeah, they clinched, yeah, whatever. fvck them, their sh!t fans and that "new" piece of sh!t Garden.

Yeah I really don't see what's that great about the "new" Garden. All this hype they're giving it. Ok, so there's some new interior work being done, and whatever. Did they change the outside at all? Any major construction? All they're really doing is putting lipstick on a pig. IT's still the same MSG, just with some more makeup.

I realsie that the chances of us missing the playoffs are slim, but after last year, i will not be happy until we get rid of our magic number.

Considering it has hardly changed in a week, its making me a bit edgey.

It still at 10, was hoping at this stage with a bit of luck it might be down to 5 or 6.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

If it wasn't for Marty, this game would've been much, much worse.

And speaking of goalies, I thought it was excellent that both Devils goals went off Hanky Poo's gigantic shoulder pads. Next year, he'll be better prepared to stop those shots. And no, I don't mean he'll practice. I mean he'll call up Garth Snow and ask for those old roof shingles he used to wear. Ah, butterfly goaltending. If you can't stop 'em, go bigger.

Amber alert issued for Zach and Kovy. last four games havent been productive, and the win over the flyers seems like months ago. subtract the one hattrick game and zachs last 20 game numbers arent exactly top line flattering. obviously our top players need to play better! what will it take to get zach going?

Rangers seem to get their sticks on everything! and had our passing lanes shut down.

Eric Boulton continues one of the worst seasons I've ever seen a professional hockey player have. Jesus, you're down 2-0 against a team who is going to choke you out in the 3rd, you score 2 goals in the period, and you end up down going into the 3rd because he hits someone from behind for no reason.

And of course he gets his next shift, when Cam, who at least had the common sense to make a LEGAL hit, gets benched. :lol:

Is it me or does it seem at least lately whatever line Clarkson is on he brings his linemates down? It happened when he was on Elias' line and now it is happening to his line with Josefson and Poni.

IMO, that was our second best line last night. Of course, that's like saying they were the second-least smelly turd in the bowl.

IMO, that was our second best line last night. Of course, that's like saying they were the second-least smelly turd in the bowl.

Very true but overall in terms of production we were getting some when the third line was Poni, Zubrus, and Bernier. I feel like while that line does do some good things, goals are harder to come by with that line.