DeBoer and Torts Should Be Fined

Daniel

I don't agree with Sherry Ross all that often, but the canned fighting at beginning of the games is an absolute embarrassment. It's the last Devils/Rangers game of the season, and I don't think they'd pull this crap if they meet up in the playoffs. Still, this is one of those instances where fines are necessary.

At the rate it's going it wouldn't shock me if 'all' five skaters dropped the gloves the first game of the playoffs or next season, whenever they meet next :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with the premise though. Once, okay but twice is beyond stupid and both are equally culpable as much as Torts wanted to go holier than thou on DeBoer. Thing is, DeBoer had the first choice and he played right into their hands with that.

At the rate it's going it wouldn't shock me if 'all' five skaters dropped the gloves the first game of the playoffs or next season, whenever they meet next :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with the premise though. Once, okay but twice is beyond stupid and both are equally culpable as much as Torts wanted to go holier than thou on DeBoer. Thing is, DeBoer had the first choice and he played right into their hands with that.

Isn't this the third time this season actually?

In fairness, torts could have put out whoever he wanted. He didn't have to match the devils.

I agree with this and I mention it in the game thread. Tortorella could've put out his top line which would've owned the Devils fourth line and gotten them off to a solid start. None of Boulton, Carter, or Janssen would've jumped or cheapshotted any of Tortorella's guys, they probably would've come right off the ice. If Tortorella wanted to avoid the fight, he could've.

Troll who has been a member BEFORE the current website started. Nice try, though.

Boy, the NHL must hate it....the video is on their front page.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623069

But thanks for trying to push the further pussification of hockey. Much appreciated.

Fighting is fine, but the canned fighting is silly. It has nothing to do with pussification or whatever word you like to use to make yourself sound original.

If you want a lame act, go watch the WWE.

The start of tonight's game was awesome.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

Fighting is fine, but the canned fighting is silly. It has nothing to do with pussification or whatever word you like to use to make yourself sound original.

If you want a lame act, go watch the WWE.

I'll let you in on a little secret. 90-95% of NHL fights are "canned" (as you like to say) between those players identified as "fighters." That's okay though, I didn't expect you to understand.

I'll let you in on a little secret. 90-95% of NHL fights are "canned" (as you like to say) between those players identified as "fighters." That's okay though, I didn't expect you to understand.

Fights happen in the course of a game because players get hit, teams want to change the momentum...AT THE OPENING FACEOFF is not in the course of a game, that's staged. Yes, a lot of fights are planned but they're planned because of how the game's going. This nonsense is just fighting for the sake of fighting.

Torts YES ABSOLUTELY! DeBoer? HELL NO!

Why, because one's the Devil coach and one's the Ranger coach? They're both equally culpable. Hell, DeBoer didn't have to dress certain players on the fourth line, that would have prevented other issues in the game. At least Torts' fourth-liners can actually play hockey.

Isn't this the third time this season actually?

You're correct. Rupp and Janssen did drop them three seconds into one of the games at the Rock. And that one Torts had the first line change so he can't cry about DeBo having the first line change the last two times.

Why, because one's the Devil coach and one's the Ranger coach? They're both equally culpable. Hell, DeBoer didn't have to dress certain players on the fourth line, that would have prevented other issues in the game. At least Torts' fourth-liners can actually play hockey.

So because we had 3 fights to start the game, coaches should be fined, ok..

I don't agree with Sherry Ross all that often, but the canned fighting at beginning of the games is an absolute embarrassment. It's the last Devils/Rangers game of the season, and I don't think they'd pull this crap if they meet up in the playoffs. Still, this is one of those instances where fines are necessary.

oh please Daniel, the fans LOVE this. It's a part of the game. Don't like it...go watch golf or synchronized swimming

• Like 1

oh please Daniel, the fans LOVE this. It's a part of the game. Don't like it...go watch golf or synchronized swimming

With the new info on head injuries, there's enough reason to cut fighting completely. I'm not going that far yet, though I'm more torn than I used to be, but the pointless sh!t at the beginning of games needs to go. It's WWE, only they're not pulling punches. No reason to suffer long term injuries from that.

Funny you should say that, because the canned fighting is more or less the same thing as synchronized swimming. It's a lame planned act, and actually quite boring.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

Most aren't actually.

But really, the biggest sin about canned fights is that they're really boring. But hey, if it entertains you between monster truck competition highlites, more power to you.