GDT: New Jersey @ Ottawa 3/20/12

Mayday

7-4-1 in the month from hell. All things considered, not bad. Looks like that 6th seed is the Devils' to lose.

I'll try to make this the last time I say this the rest of the regular season cuz I'm probably gonna sound like a stuck record: the officiating this season has been HORRIBLE. Countless obvious infractions are not called per game. Instead, it seems to be random calls from the refs.

• Like 1

Moose deserves a start in the playoffs, screw the regular season.

With the way he's played, I definitely think DeBoer and Co. won't be that hesitant to go to him if things are not going well in the playoffs, especially if the Devils fall behind 2-0 in a series and Marty's not playing well. But Marty's obviously the guy going in, no questions asked.

Also, not thrilled with us only scoring 5 goals in 5 games.

That's not good at all and these lines need to be changed. Now.

Well, duh, no one's thrilled with that output.

Henrique has really disappeared...I barely notice him anymore. I think I give the current lines another game or two...Toronto is a good opponent to get it going against.

7-4-1 in the month from hell. All things considered, not bad. Looks like that 6th seed is the Devils' to lose.

12 down, 5 to go. Not a bad showing thus far at all. If they win just one of these last five they're guaranteed to finish March at a minimum of .500, which I believe was your hope at the month's start.

And from here on out it actually isn't that bad. No more back-to-backs. They have two two-day breaks between games in these last two and a half weeks (whereas their last two-day break was three weeks ago). Of the eight remaining games, four are against teams out of the playoff picture, five are at home, and the farthest they have to travel is Detroit (with Pittsburgh and Carolina being the other remaining away games). As far as the brutality of the March schedule goes, the worst of it has passed ... on paper, at least.

"They like to trap it up and make it a difficult game. We just weren't able to get one past Hedberg," Senators forward Nick Foligno said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=390940

Trappity trap trap trap

Heard it by everyone in the media here in Ottawa. This is clearly a stigma that will never ever go away.

This was a smart game by the Devils. A very tough back-to-back game where you badly need two points. You don't go running and gunning against a team coming off a few days off that are very fresh. They got the lead and played smart hockey. Good game plan. End of story.

Yeah, but just last year they were trapping a ton. Give it 5 years, let Lou and Brodeur leave, then see where we stand.

Sure, but it is simply dumped on the Devils. No one other than annoyed Devils fans have called what the Rangers do...trapping. No one mentions it when any team around the league plays that way. Haven't heard it once when talking about the Blues this season. And no one has ever had the Bruins and trap in the same sentence.

Just the way it is. I'm not that annoyed, but it did annoy me when some educated hockey people were saying that, "it's the same old boring Devils. They just don't play entertaining hockey to watch." People who have played the game should understand the situation coming off a very tough emotional game against your rivals 24 hours before and what kind of game you're going to play to get the job done.

Edited by devilsrule33