Gearing Up for the Pens

njdevil26

That's the spirit!

Glad we can replace Elias w/ Zajac in the shootout...

Elias is 19-for-48 in the shootout (39.6%) lifetime and 5-for-11 (45.5%) this season.

Zajac is 4-for-13 lifetime for 30.8%

But let me guess...since Elias didn't get it done last night, he needs to replaced in the shootout.

What a joke of a post.

• Like 1

I doubt Zajac plays more than 10-15 minutes tomorrow.

At least u would hope he doesn't because it wouldn't be smart to push him hard in his first game back.

They will probably give Henrique or Josefson a couple of shifts between Kovalchuk and Ponikarovsky to lighten Zajac's ice time.

Edited by Zubie#8

New lines this morning.

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk

Ponikarovsky Josefson Clarkson

Sykora Carter Bernier

I like! I really expect that Zajac line to be extremely dangerous with Henrique on the wing.

I like this move a lot. I think one change can really help here, switching Poni and Sykora. Sykora is too slow against other teams' top lines and our fourth line needs some help as teams have pegged it as our weakness.

Elias is 19-for-48 in the shootout (39.6%) lifetime and 5-for-11 (45.5%) this season.

Zajac is 4-for-13 lifetime for 30.8%

But let me guess...since Elias didn't get it done last night, he needs to replaced in the shootout.

What a joke of a post.

Fwiw Elias is honestly not that good at the SO. Ive been wishing we would substitute Henrique for Elias for a long time

Fwiw Elias is honestly not that good at the SO. Ive been wishing we would substitute Henrique for Elias for a long time

Based on what?

The numbers tell a different story. So Elias' 5-for-11 isn't good enough for you this season? The only thing bad about Kovy being ridiculously automatic this season is that some think that if other shooters aren't producing at somewhere near that rate, it's not enough. The fact that Kovy's now at 40.0% AFTER this season's burst should tell you how off-the-charts he's been this season. Elias is just fine in shootouts. 39.6% lifetime is very good.