GDT: Chicago @ New Jersey - 3/27/2012

NJCroMag

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The devils didn't deserve this one but its still 2 points. I'll take it.

None of us are turning 'em down.

If I'm DeBoer, I'm treating that like a loss. That was a garbage performance. They should all buy Marty a fvcking Rolex for this one.

It's funny, if I'm DeBoer I'm not sure how I play this one. I get the feeling he's been doing a lot of yelling lately...maybe pat these guys on the back and try to build them up a little? I'm not disagreeing with you at all, that was a sh!t performance for sure.

If I'm DeBoer, I'm treating that like a loss. That was a garbage performance. They should all buy Marty a fvcking Rolex for this one.

This game, more than most others, I'm interested to hear DeBoer's postgame press conference. Actually, I'm interested to hear all of our players' take on tonight's game..

This game, more than most others, I'm interested to hear DeBoer's postgame press conference. Actually, I'm interested to hear all of our players' take on tonight's game..

It's nights like this where I see the combined 9-9 record against the Flyers, Penguins and Rangers and think, "How the hell did they pull THAT off?!"

It's funny, if I'm DeBoer I'm not sure how I play this one. I get the feeling he's been doing a lot of yelling lately...maybe pat these guys on the back and try to build them up a little? I'm not disagreeing with you at all, that was a sh!t performance for sure.

He doesn't have to yell at them, or tip over a table or anything- I'm sure he might've done that after the Pittsburgh game. I just meant I'd go about preperation for Tampa and practice and whatnot as if they lost tonight- with a greater sense of urgency to get their game in order, because they were very tentative and sloppy all over the ice tonight. It's great they got the two points, but when Deboer breaks down the tape, he'll wanna put a brick through the TV.

He doesn't have to yell at them, or tip over a table or anything- I'm sure he might've done that after the Pittsburgh game. I just meant I'd go about preperation for Tampa and practice and whatnot as if they lost tonight- with a greater sense of urgency to get their game in order, because they were very tentative and sloppy all over the ice tonight. It's great they got the two points, but when Deboer breaks down the tape, he'll wanna put a brick through the TV.

Yeah, agree with this. What's scary is I don't think it's lack of urgency.

Wow guess I didn't miss much lol. At least they have two weeks to get their *** in gear with a little breathing room again.

Some of the same sh!t you've been seeing lately, except somehow (read: Marty) they managed to get two points. We'll all take 'em. The 'Hawks must be plenty pissed right now.

piss poor effort tonight by almost everyone on the Devils. Kovalchuk turned the puck over SIX times to Dave Bolland and that was JUST him. The Hawks didn't even give a solid effort and are without star forward Toews, solid defenseman Duncan Keith, and have struggled all-year on the powerplay. This game could've easily goe the other way and OH did it almost. If the Devils want to get out of the first round... well, they better figure out a way to manage those minutes and get some defense and scoring. It's just one game, but some of the same flubs by the same individuals seems to happen. I cannot blame the individuals entirely, but Deboer is just as much at fault with playing some of these guys way too much.

Quote of the night by Eddie O. on the Chicago Feed:

"No wonder Kovalchuk leads the league in ice time for a forward... he never comes off the ice!"

piss poor effort tonight by almost everyone on the Devils. Kovalchuk turned the puck over SIX times to Dave Bolland and that was JUST him. The Hawks didn't even give a solid effort and are without star forward Toews, solid defenseman Duncan Keith, and have struggled all-year on the powerplay. This game could've easily goe the other way and OH did it almost. If the Devils want to get out of the first round... well, they better figure out a way to manage those minutes and get some defense and scoring. It's just one game, but some of the same flubs by the same individuals seems to happen. I cannot blame the individuals entirely, but Deboer is just as much at fault with playing some of these guys way too much.

Quote of the night by Eddie O. on the Chicago Feed:

"No wonder Kovalchuk leads the league in ice time for a forward... he never comes off the ice!"

Oh, come on, Chorske! You're just taking your nips and jabs wherever you can get em.

What about the other guys?

Yeah, agree with this. What's scary is I don't think it's lack of urgency.

I think they're confidence is shot right now- you can tell by all the over-passing and by how tentative they were with the puck at times. They seem to be gripping the sticks a little tight up front, and on the back end, it's evident how much they miss Tallinder- and also Volchenkov these last two games.

After watching the dmen closely tonight, it has become clear that there is too much puck watching rather than sticking to skaters moving in the defensive zone. All five players seemed to be staring at the puck and reacting late once a pass was made.

Also, once again a defenseman (and I missed who it was, but I wanted to kill him just the same, so I'd appreciate it if someone could point out who it was) tried stepping up on a forward at the blue line (I think it was Stalberg) late in the game, and the guy just went right around him creating a 2-on-1 for Chicago. I almost stroked out, because Fayne pulled the exact same sh!t in the Pittsburgh game which led to an odd-man rush and a goal. This time, Marty bailed us out. When I say Deboer will wanna put a brick through the TV when breaking down the tape, this is what I mean.

Edited by MadDog2020

Also, once again a defenseman (and I missed who it was, but I wanted to kill him just the same, so I'd appreciate it if someone could point out who it was) tried stepping up on a forward at the blue line (I think it was Stalberg) late in the game, and the guy just went right around him creating a 2-on-1 for Chicago. I almost stroked out, because Fayne pulled the exact same sh!t in the Pittsburgh game which led to an odd-man rush and a goal. This time, Marty bailed us out. When I say Deboer will wanna put a brick through the TV when breaking down the tape, this is what I mean.

They look like they are getting caught flat footed because they ARE getting caught flat footed. Very frustrating.

The Devils are kind of like myself.

They do just enough to get by and they've been doing it all season.

Wow, I just realize how sh!tty my work ethic is.

They looked awful tonight. The got completely outplayed by a team who was missing two really good players.

The lines look a mess too.

I know they were waiting to do all of this when Zajac came back but I think PDB waited too long.

How can we expect these lines to click in just 7 games? They've pretty much been the same all year.

Poor coaching IMO.