GDT: Chicago @ New Jersey - 3/27/2012

NJCroMag

From TG this afternoon:

DeBoer: "There’s no doubt we’ve lost a little bit of our edge here the last 10 to 14 days and we’ve got to find a way to get it back in the last week.” DeBoer said they're trying to eliminate all the possible contributing factors "other than the one where we have a cushion in the standings."

http://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice

Nothing Earth-shattering, I know. But at least PDB's acknowledging it.

Edited by 95Crash

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From TG this afternoon:

DeBoer: "There’s no doubt we’ve lost a little bit of our edge here the last 10 to 14 days and we’ve got to find a way to get it back in the last week.” DeBoer said they're trying to eliminate all the possible contributing factors "other than the one where we have a cushion in the standings."

I think PDB is a good coach, and an aware one. But he may be fighting an uphill battle, in that what he's seeing is what Devils fans have been seeing for a long time now, especially come playoff time...all the more maddening because they go through most regular seasons looking like a decent playoff team. All the more power to him if he can correct this.

From TG this afternoon:

lol, problem is that IS the main factor :P Well that and just the amount of icetime our main guys have been getting all year. I don't know if you can fix that at this late date either, I guess maybe Kovy-Zach-Elias can get a few minutes less down the stretch and hope the 3-4 day break before the playoffs gives them a second wind. Volchenkov's injury'd probably be third, god they've been awful defensively without him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

im glad to see that we pretty much all agree how even though we won last night, we looked like we were a step slower than Chicago. We got points that we needed to get though, so im happy

whats Volchenkov's issue again? does anyone know when he could return? I think we can agree he gives us a nice edge when we're out there.

my wish would be that this win can give us a little motivation and begin a streak because that would be great entering the playoffs. I would say though, that even though its happening across the league, we have been playing a lot of games, and i would like to see how we do given a nice rest.

regardless, we gotta keep it goin!

Washington's loss last night should all but seal it for us. Not mathematically sealed, but we'd need Ottawa, Buffalo AND Washington to pass us for us to miss the playoffs. According to sportsclubstats.com, we are a %99.964 chance to make the playoffs. (and %1.3 to win the cup) :giggle:

Well we had a 3.6% chance to win the draft lottery, and probably less than that to draft Larsson since he still had to fall to 4 :lol: