Open Practice and Meet & Greet for STH

CMONPETEYD

Anyone else going to this event. I guess it was one of the benefits we selected when we purchased ST's. From 12-1 an open practice at Amerihealth Pavillion, followed by a meet and greet and autograph session at 1:45-2:45 at the concourse of the Rock with Snacks (Chix Fingers, Pizza etc).

I am taking my 4 yr old son who is most excited to meet Brodeur, Kovalchuk and Clarkson.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you are one who is able to attend. It appears that there are quite a few people that can't. The notice the Devils gave for this was extremely short and as a result, they've been sending emails out trying to make amends with invites to other events for those who can't attend

The team is a joke with things like these. They sent out an email earlier in the year stating we would be given "at least 2 weeks notice" prior to events. Such a shame they still do not have their act together in this department....

On a side note, offering me free tickets to Michael Whacko Jackson Cirque de Circus does not interest me AT ALL!

The team is a joke with things like these. They sent out an email earlier in the year stating we would be given "at least 2 weeks notice" prior to events. Such a shame they still do not have their act together in this department....

On a side note, offering me free tickets to Michael Whacko Jackson Cirque de Circus does not interest me AT ALL!

If that's what they offered then that is sad. They should have at least given you a choice from a list of things including some free Devils playoff tickets.

If that's what they offered then that is sad. They should have at least given you a choice from a list of things including some free Devils playoff tickets.

Nope

Michael Jackson Cirque De Soleil or whatever it is

The funny thing is, that was just as short notice...sent the email last night and the shows are this Fri-Sun

I have 0 interest in it anyway, but what a terrible attempt at pleasing people after they broke their word.

Nope

Michael Jackson Cirque De Soleil or whatever it is

The funny thing is, that was just as short notice...sent the email last night and the shows are this Fri-Sun

I have 0 interest in it anyway, but what a terrible attempt at pleasing people after they broke their word.

Yeah, it really is disappointing. I was looking forward to this and so was the person I share my tickets with since she is fairly new to the sport and hasn't gotten to do any of this stuff yet. Unfortunately, I'm at work. And a Michael Jackson Circus whatever does not interest me in anyway.

I thought they were also offering tickets to the team awards ceremony for people that couldn't make today? Granted, that's probably on a weekday too but at least you'd have a little more notice for that and it is team-related. They really should have spaced these events out better.

I thought they were also offering tickets to the team awards ceremony for people that couldn't make today? Granted, that's probably on a weekday too but at least you'd have a little more notice for that and it is team-related. They really should have spaced these events out better.

Yeah, that's a Wednesday. It still would be hard to pull off. I have a weekly meeting on Wednesdays that I'm not really supposed to miss and my friend is a teacher. It's just frustrating that they have such poor planning.

Edit... But I do realize that weekdays may work better for some people. I just felt there should have been more notice and options, like a weekday AND a weekend date and you could choose.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

First gripe is that it should have been on a WEEKEND. With a season running October-April you have many opportunities to make this happen.

Second complaint is that they should plan them WELL IN ADVANCE and give the fans notice to make appropriate arrangements...

Instead they run these things fly by night and give you no time to prepare. I am pissed because the Open Practice is one of my favorite events for sure. Not surprising, the Devils find a way to piss off their STHs again

For anyone who is calling the team a joke about the short notice, I'm going to guess (and I think it is a fair guess) that this is all on Lou. No one protects their players more than him making sure there are no distractions. The marketing team probably drew this day up, and Lou had say when it would be done. He probably avoided this all year until now when there is no other time in the year to get in done, and the Devils are sitting comfortably in the standings.

I think that is why the marketing department is trying to give the fans some other benefits since this is a little unfair.

The real screwy thing was how the initial e-mail mentioned Sunday and Monday as the possibilities THEN it got switched to today with basically less than a week's notice.

All of a sudden I'm kind of sorry I picked the team awards and the practice as my rewards for 'next' year :P

The real screwy thing was how the initial e-mail mentioned Sunday and Monday as the possibilities THEN it got switched to today with basically less than a week's notice.

All of a sudden I'm kind of sorry I picked the team awards and the practice as my rewards for 'next' year :P

There were tickets for this event on ebay a few weeks ago but for the Sunday date. Since I work weekends, I would have had to change my hours but not a big deal. Bid on them and got an email that the event was cancelled. Only to find out the date was switched to today. My Daughter and I have gone in the past and always had a good time.

agree.. not enough time to react to any of this... too bad

You forgot to add "and how the fans seem to always excuse this type of treatment"

I don't see how anyone here is excusing it, or what we can do about it apart from giving up the season tickets in protest of not getting our bonuses at a convenient time. It's not exactly false advertising other than the letter sending out incorrect dates, they do give you the tickets for these events.

Edited by NJDevs4978

For anyone who is calling the team a joke about the short notice, I'm going to guess (and I think it is a fair guess) that this is all on Lou. No one protects their players more than him making sure there are no distractions. The marketing team probably drew this day up, and Lou had say when it would be done. He probably avoided this all year until now when there is no other time in the year to get in done, and the Devils are sitting comfortably in the standings.

I think that is why the marketing department is trying to give the fans some other benefits since this is a little unfair.

They certainly have gone out of their way to find excuses to not have open practices anymore. My joke when this whole thing happened was it was the Devils' way of making sure as few people attended as possible, since this was one of the few practices not behind the Berlin Wall.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They certainly have gone out of their way to find excuses to not have open practices anymore. My joke when this whole thing happened was it was the Devils' way of making sure as few people attended as possible, since this was one of the few practices not behind the Berlin Wall.

You nailed it!

I've been saying that all along, they made it an inconvienence to attend, now it is end of month, quarters are ending for alot of business, and they go and do this on a Friday and give you 4 days to plan? Well there was no way I could have made this, I'm in an airport currently in Texas for which I flew out of Newark this morning.

I'm glad I opted NOT to renew next year, I'll follow the team on my 48" Flat screen.

And I'm one of those that kept up on my rep asking when this was going down, and he continued to say there was NO FIRM DATE.

Opps I was wrong! Could still goto the events even if you got tix to wacko jacko.

That means >>>> AWESOME job by the Devils!

Btw the wacko jacko show was the best sleep medication I ever had, 5 mins and I was out! The wife loves it however.

Edited by Dead

This was poorly handled by the team. There is no reason this couldn't have been scheduled for much earlier in the season so, in the event DeBoer cancelled practice or made it optional, they would have had plenty of time to reschedule and give the fans proper notice. It seems like the marketing department and hockey related personnel (Lou, DeBoer, etc.) were not on the same page here and either waited until the last minute to get this scheduled or forgot about it until a week or so ago.

That said, they have made great strides in other areas, including the Dream Camps that were held over the past few months (that was a great idea). At the end of the day, the bonuses are great and go well beyond what other teams do for their season ticket holders, but I don't buy season tickets because of the bonuses. I buy them cause I want to see the team play in person.

This was poorly handled by the team. There is no reason this couldn't have been scheduled for much earlier in the season so, in the event DeBoer cancelled practice or made it optional, they would have had plenty of time to reschedule and give the fans proper notice. It seems like the marketing department and hockey related personnel (Lou, DeBoer, etc.) were not on the same page here and either waited until the last minute to get this scheduled or forgot about it until a week or so ago.

That said, they have made great strides in other areas, including the Dream Camps that were held over the past few months (that was a great idea). At the end of the day, the bonuses are great and go well beyond what other teams do for their season ticket holders, but I don't buy season tickets because of the bonuses. I buy them cause I want to see the team play in person.

While the Dream Camp may be been a stride in the right direction, that does not make up for this debacle of situation. I do not think these events constitute going "well beyond what other teams do for their season ticket holders". These events are the norm these days for alot of franchises. I am sure the season ticket reps/Fan Experience team will get bombarded with emails and calls regarding this blatant disregard for their season ticket holders.

Judging by the reaction on HF where posters who normally defend the team at every turn are breathing fire over this, I'm sure they've gotten a LOT of complaints and rightly so.

They should offer everyone that got screwed this year one extra event next year (which they aren't going to screw around with like this year) in addition to what they already get, that's the only way to possibly 'make up' for the situation, in addition to the other stuff they're giving out.

Edited by NJDevs4978