Asbestos Investigation at Nassau Coliseum

Daniel

My link

From earlier this week, but haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I wonder if this gives the Isles the right to break their lease immediately. Too bad, as it stands now, the only hope for the Isles to stay in the area is a move to the Barclay's center.

On the Fan though, was an Isles fan that called up and said that if the Isles moved, he would become a Devils fan.

believe it or not, Francesca on WFAN was talking hockey and about this today. Isles can definitely break lease and won't have a choice as that building is going to be shut down very quickly and torn down. Employees having worked there for 20+ years are putting together a class action lawsuit already. He was talking as if Isles are half way to Kansas City or Quebec already. A pissed off isles fan called in to talk about it and how he still wants to be a hockey fan and hates the rangers so much that he'll become a devils fan so he can continue to be a real fan.

A devils fan called in to talk about rags losing in 1st round to Buffalo and how they have lived in the devils shadow of making playoffs 14 of past 15 years he said. it was funny to hear Mike say he won't agknowledge rangs playoff run unless they reach 3rd round.

This is something that the league has to take very seriously as well. I would hope they are part of any investigation, seeing as they have employees being exposed to that sh!t nightly.

Yup plus this doesn't bode well if the players hear about this, what free agent in his right mind would want to go there after finding out about this, especially if it ends up becoming a big story based on the results.

Not a good time tot be an Islanders fan, I wonder if they try to get into Brooklyn next year. I'd still rather keep them here then have them move away.

Yup plus this doesn't bode well if the players hear about this, what free agent in his right mind would want to go there after finding out about this, especially if it ends up becoming a big story based on the results.

Not a good time tot be an Islanders fan, I wonder if they try to get into Brooklyn next year. I'd still rather keep them here then have them move away.

What free agent was going there before this anyway?

As far as the Isles fans supporting the Devils if they moved, like I was getting at in the thread a few weeks back I could definitely see that. Heck, I probably would have become an Isles fan if the Devils had moved in '95 (granted, I was a Devils fan for like three years before that). We're not real rivals, more like cousins united in our collective disdain for the Rangers.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Islanders at the Izod would be an abject disaster...we'd be talking about maybe 1500 max for weeknight games. There are barely any isles fans here and nobody from out east is going to be making that kind of trip to see a sh!t team.

I ways had faith that this franchise would be saved somehow but now feel like it's just about the end of the line

I expect alot of legal wrangling...could take a while, so dont expect the isles to just break the lease and move overnight. But after 2015 theyre gone. Quebec will already have the Coyotes by then, so Seattle and Oklahoma City will square off for the isles

They will never play at Izod. It is impossible for their fanbase to make it to games there, and they lose enough money already. If anything, they play at Barclays Center until the asbestos is remediated at Nassau. What this story does is provide further ammo for the Isles push for a new building in Nassau Co. At the end of their lease, if they don't have a new building in place, they are moving to KC, Seattle, or Quebec City.

Moving to IZOD? That's way more idiotic than moving to MSG, at least that would make more sense. Heck it would make more sense than playing at Barclay's. That arena is not suitable for NHL hockey long term, and it's not like they'll get much money from it since they don't run it.

All these people suggesting Islanders to Quebec...where do you think the Coyotes will be playing next season?

Islanders are 60% Oklahoma City 20% Seattle 10% stay in the area

7, where are you hearing Oklahoma City? I've never heard them mentioned to get an NHL team. If that proposed new arena in Seattle goes up, that's a MUCH better market for hockey than Oklahoma City.

7, where are you hearing Oklahoma City? I've never heard them mentioned to get an NHL team. If that proposed new arena in Seattle goes up, that's a MUCH better market for hockey than Oklahoma City.

I have, years ago when the league was expanding to Columbus and so forth. They do well with their AHL team, but I think Kansas City, having no NBA team and an open arena, would be a better place.