GDT: NY Islanders @ New Jersey Devils - 4/3/12

NJCroMag

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

??? Its his 2nd year in north america. Yes that is impatient, actually the definition of it. And he excelled greatly in his first here. He took a step back this year, all of a sudden hes a bust? And.do you watch the albany games? If u do what channel cause i wanna see them too. You had our 21 yr old 1st round pick ranked as our worst foward behind janssen and boulton lol cant take you seriously.

I really don't know where you are coming from where the half season he played last season is considered as him excelling greatly.

Tedenby has shown this year he cannot do more than skate in circles as he was dropped from the third line to the forth and then back to the minors. That is a little more than just taking a step back and more like fallen off the planet. He is supposed to be an offensive forward and his only goal this year was only credited to him because it bounced off his chest. He basically isn't even worth anything to trade at this point.

Also no one can take you seriously when you find any chance you can to bitch about fayne.

I know everyone is down on Tedenby but his offensive potential is still there and quite impressive at that. I know he has had a pretty bad year, but not as awful as many people have made it seem. I don't think all hope is lost for the kid. I just feel that he didn't have a spot this year, which is not the end of the world.

That said, I think they'll call up Zharkov this time. There is no reason not to anymore.

I know everyone is down on Tedenby but his offensive potential is still there and quite impressive at that. I know he has had a pretty bad year, but not as awful as many people have made it seem. I don't think all hope is lost for the kid. I just feel that he didn't have a spot this year, which is not the end of the world.

That said, I think they'll call up Zharkov this time. There is no reason not to anymore.

He had a decent spot on the third line and lost it and then had a spot on the forth line and lost it.

Some of these European kids just have difficulty adjusting to the NHL and never really figure it out. He looks lost out there, gets knocked off the puck, and forgets he has to play defense once in a while as well. Lemaire was rightfully down on bergfors for that and Deboer is rightfully down on Tedenby for that a well

I'm sorry to be kind of playing devil's advocate here, but I think Josefson has shown a lot more than Tedenby so far. Maybe stats don't show it, but Josefson is a great decision maker (unless it comes to shooting) and already plays a mature game. Plus, coming off of two injuries, he's managed to get in shape very well. They (Ted and Jo) are only one year apart, but it makes a difference at that age. Still, I don't think Tedenby was given much of a fair shot. I'm not saying he should have been given one, but I don't think it's fair to call him a bust just because there was no room for the team to have another player developing, who was seemingly behind Henrique, Larsson, and Josefson.

I agree with DM84 in that he does get pushed around a bit too much and he's a bit of a defensive liability, but at the same time I feel there is a lot he has to offer. I also think that those problems in his game can be improved with some hard work. But, there are some aspects to his game that some players never learn. He's got a lot of raw talent. If you don't see it, check out his goals from last season. Although it is seen in mere "flashes", the talent is there.

Another thing is his linemates were not good matches for him. Wasn't the line Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson? What do you expect? Those guys play a game that is so much different from Tedenby's.

The one thing that worries me is that he isn't dominating in the AHL. I don't follow the Albany Devils very much, so stats are all I can go by. He should be well over a point per game, or at least leading the team in P/G. I say give him another year to develop and strengthen up. If he's showing no improvement, then maybe it's time to give up.

I dont know if anyone else was at the game tonight but jesus it was like pulling teeth trying to get chants going. Ubelieviable. Also there was a solider in my section (116) that was in uniform and got within a foot of a 12 year old islanders fan and screamed fvck you several times so my friend went over and had a chat with him and his friends who were also in the military. All hammered beyond belief. What a disrespectful way to act while in fatigues.

None the less. Good win.

Yeah i see hes got like 15 points or so in about 20 games. But then again i dont.watch albany games so.its hard to judge. The talent is there though, especially the ability to make a big clutch play, hes done it a handful of times in his young career so far. Honestly pete deboer putting on skates is better than putting boulton and janssen out there.

15 points in 29 games. 4 G and 11 A. In the AHL. Not good.

I'm not giving up on him yet, but this was a terrible year for Tedenby no matter how you look at it...absolutely no progress made...only regression.

As for the game...now DeBoer can approach these next two games any way he wants to, and I can understand any approach he decides on: playing them as must-wins to keep his team sharp, or as opportunities to rest some of his older players.

At any rate, this guy deserves A LOT of kudos for this regular season...though some definitely thought this team would find itself back in the playoffs, I doubt too many thought the Devils would have a shot at 100 points...obviously that number doesn't mean what it once did, but it's still impressive nonetheless. Cracks me up when some of the reactionary know-it-alls on here knocked him multiple times. It truly feels like Lou has found a keeper here...I really hope DeBoer sticks long-term...seems like a genuinely good guy in interviews, and the players seem to like their coach for a change...God knows this team has killed coaches before.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

What dont you get about the fact hes 21 yrs old? And in his second yr in NA. Its quite apparent you dont realize it takes time for some players to really get it going on all gears. Look at josefson, what has he done? Scored more big goals than teddy? No. Scored more goals period? More points? Created more chances in his time? Nope nope nope. What does josefson have 2 goals this year? Yet hes way better than teddy right? Lol but yeah youre right teddys a bust. I mean if you cant score 20 goals a season from start to end in your career youre worthless. hell the rangers shoulda kept del zotto in the minors for the rest of his career after last season too right? If u were the coach that would sure be the case haha

Josefson has also showed he can create chances, does not get knocked off the puck as easily, and can play defense. If Tedenby did any of these he would still be in the NHL and not in the minors. Also I really do not get how you figure Tedenby has a lot more goals and points than Josefson. Honestly, they are roughly the same as Tedeby has 9 career goals and 28 points and Josefson has 5 career goals and 19 points.

Right now Tedenby is looking like Bergfors 2.0 at this point. Both had the talent but something kept them both from getting to the next level, and for a lot of players they never get past that. Being a 1st round pick makes no different than if he was a 7th round pick and doesn't automatically make him immune from criticism or demotion.

Tedenby has talent, but has regressed significantly this year. With his size (or lack thereof), he needs to create plays in space, not along the boards. He gets pushed off the puck too easily, and needs to build up his balance and leg strength so, at the very least, he can leverage larger players and draw penalties when they take him down. He also needs to work on his shot as it's very weak. For me, this offseason is critical for him. He's very young and can be a good player in the NHL. But he needs to work hard this off-season only time will tell if he can put it all together. Way too early to call him a bust though.