Crosby addresses Milbury comments

Legion15

story

Milbury used comments in a Monday morning radio interview to describe Crosby's play as dishonest. Milbury has since apologized for those comments.

"I reached out to (Pittsburgh president) David Morehouse and the Penguins about the comments I made yesterday on Philadelphia radio," Milbury said. "In hindsight, I realize what I said was inappropriate and wrong, and I want to apologize to the Penguins organization and their fans."

Crosby offered the following on Tuesday:

"No, not really. I don't really have to get into that," Crosby said." I don't what he's looking for, if he's looking for attention or what it is. I don't have much to say there. I really don't know where that came from. You can really twist something a certain way, and he's obviously showing he's more than capable of doing that. He's pretty good at twisting stuff around, that's for sure."

:rofl: anyway, good thing I'm not a sportscaster cause I don't really have anything nice to say about Cindy. Either way, Milbury has always seemed like a numbskull to me too, as with most of their "expert" analysts who provide such great insight. Usually they make huge praise for the marquee players anyway, and barely acknowledge players like Zajac for instance unless he makes some kind of 1 in a million play.

So basically, I'm neutral here...

Milbury cemented his status as clown-for-life with the way he ran the Islanders as its GM.

Funny moment: I wish I could remember exactly what brought this question on (I think it might have been after Milbury canned a coach), but Chris "Mad Dog" Russo had him on Mike and the Mad Dog and, in his very first question to Milbury, simply asked him, "Mike, why are you still the GM?"

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

I think everyone's secret fear should be that they are like Mike Milbury. This is a guy with just enough brains and confidence to make him self look foolish repeatedly.

:noclue: But he's probably content. I mean he's a successful guy. But he obviously never has a full grasp of any situation. Almost does, so he dupes people into trusting him.... but he's just not all the way there on anything.