Tortorella Goes Wild Again

msweet

After Thursday’s game, Rangers coach John Tortorella was even more scathing, calling the Penguins “one of the most arrogant organizations in the league” during a profanity-laden tirade following Pittsburgh defenseman

Brooks Orpik’s knee-to-knee hit on New York center Derek Stepan.

“It’s a cheap, dirty hit,” Tortorella said. “I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I’m anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just not respect amongst players. None. It’s sickening.”

Orpik was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.

“They whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?” Tortorella said. “It’s ridiculous. But they’ll whine about something else over there, won’t they?”

BAHAHAHAHAHA

After Thursday’s game, Rangers coach John Tortorella was even more scathing, calling the Penguins “one of the most arrogant organizations in the league” during a profanity-laden tirade following Pittsburgh defenseman

Brooks Orpik’s knee-to-knee hit on New York center Derek Stepan.

“It’s a cheap, dirty hit,” Tortorella said. “I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I’m anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just not respect amongst players. None. It’s sickening.”

Orpik was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.

“They whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?” Tortorella said. “It’s ridiculous. But they’ll whine about something else over there, won’t they?”

BAHAHAHAHAHA

lol no Lady Byng for a Ranger...

lol umm.. no offense there Torts, but look at your own squad. Nobody is more arrogant than you guys. And just as many goons (Rupp? Stepan? the ex-Avery to name a few) So you're having your first good season since what....94? How many numbers are you going to retire after this year? Especially if you don't win a cup

Although I must agree I don't like the Pens style either

Edited by Legion15

The Pens are a bunch of whiners, but I'm not sure there was any intent on Orpik's part there. Looked like he was committed to a body check when Stepan made a move. As Stepan is side-stepping him, Orpik is following through with his upper body. Seems more like a really unfortunate coincidence than a dirty, cheap hit. :noclue:

That is what makes this so enjoyable. He is right this time but he still comes across like a lunatic. He's whined wolf too many times.

Exactly. He's making very valid points and it makes everyone hysterical -- just few decent hockey minds have so significant a lack of self-control and diplomacy. GO TORTS!! :giggle:

Torts had has his share of douchey moments for sure, but man if he isn't saying what A LOT of people are thinking...and the Penguin arrogance goes all the way back to Lemieux, who for all his greatness thought he was above being hit.

Ayyyyy

What's funny is every Henry Winkler interview...makes you realize how far the Fonzie character was from who Henry Winkler really was. They had nothing in common at all.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Even though Tort is right in this instance, he complains so often and so much, he's a broken record, the boy who called wolf.

Just shut up in front of the press and complain to the league. The press can do nothing for you.

The Pens are a bunch of whiners, but I'm not sure there was any intent on Orpik's part there. Looked like he was committed to a body check when Stepan made a move. As Stepan is side-stepping him, Orpik is following through with his upper body. Seems more like a really unfortunate coincidence than a dirty, cheap hit. :noclue:

I agree, I don't see Orpik stick his leg out at all and if you watch it closely you can see he was lining him up for a bodycheck but then Stepan cut to the left and his knee collided with Orpik's leg. If Orpik realized at the last moment that he was going to miss Stepan and then stuck his leg out, THEN it would be a dirty play, but it doesn't appear that he did that.

All I see is a guy whining about a team and an organization he dislikes. Yes, the Orpik his is questionable. At certain angles it looks like a hit gone wrong because of the juke that Stepan put on Orpik at the end and from other angles it looks a little dirty. Whine about the hit, that's fine, no need to go the extra length and bring Malkin and Crosby into it, who had nothing to do with it.

Drop some F bombs and throw the other team/organization as a whole under the bus. Anything to take away focus from the mediocre at best Rangers getting their butts handed to them by the Penguins..AGAIN..

Im actually gonna go ahead and take Torts side here.. i know i know, he's annoying. but i would be sooo fvcking pissed if sh!t like this were to happen. i see it all the time and yea, for as much as Crosby whines and gets favored, someone should say something. What if stepan's knee got blown out? That definitely could have happened and if i was on the Rags, i would be livid