Let's do whatever we can to sell out the Rock this postseason

trailblazer

I would not be shocked to see a few Cats fans here and there. NJ and Florida can be interchangeable at times. NJ transplants in Florida and Florida ties in NJ.

I expect a ton of Devils fans to be at the Bank Atlantic Center, one of the many away venues Devils fans show up in droves to.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll be able to find cheaper tickets in the first round.

That's fine if you're only planning to go to the first round, but if you want to go to the second round and we get there, bear in mind we'll almost certainly be playing a division opponent (NYR, PHI, PIT) unless the roof falls in - i.e. Rangers and Boston 'both' lose their series. Whatever you save on the secondary market in the first round, you'll lose on the second and then some.

That's fine if you're only planning to go to the first round, but if you want to go to the second round and we get there, bear in mind we'll almost certainly be playing a division opponent (NYR, PHI, PIT) unless the roof falls in - i.e. Rangers and Boston 'both' lose their series. Whatever you save on the secondary market in the first round, you'll lose on the second and then some.

I agree, but I already noted I'll be on vacation for the middle of the second round, unfortunately.

I agree, but I already noted I'll be on vacation for the middle of the second round, unfortunately.

Yeah I didn't see that the first time. You said mid-May though...the first couple of home games in the second round would be before then, since we're the among the last series to end I doubt there'll be many days off before the second round.

Admittedly I am getting a little tired of seeing all the ticket talk on both message boards when the first home game is still more than a week away, and we're going to sell out or come very close to it against a supposedly death box office draw with much higher playoff prices than even in recent years :P Imagine these games at the CAA, before the current regime's marketing push?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Maybe not worry about selling out, but worry about trying to be the loudest and proudest fans out there, while giving the team home ice advantage.

This is where those Devils Army chants should be heard across the building on TV. Or we could be like those annoying fan bases where we loudly boo the refs when any player on our own team falls down (when clearly there is no penalty) and chant "a$$hole" and "you suck" so loudly that ten seconds later there is a penalty called. That's what happens in Carolina and other places and boy does it work.

Maybe not worry about selling out, but worry about trying to be the loudest and proudest fans out there, while giving the team home ice advantage.

This is where those Devils Army chants should be heard across the building on TV.

It would also help if MSG's audio wasn't so pathetic. I mean check out the CBC and MSG+'s feeds from Saturday; there's a noticeable difference in crowd noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYcXCS-46I&feature=plcp&context=C481bf5eVDvjVQa1PpcFMo2az4Mb7wV1XWTwKgR5MRvdar__QKcwY%3D

It would also help if MSG's audio wasn't so pathetic. I mean check out the CBC and MSG+'s feeds from Saturday; there's a noticeable difference in crowd noise:

Wow, your right, i never noticed that before but it is very noticeable.

Wow, nice job coming up with that comparison. I wonder if there's someone to contact who might be willing to make the proper adjustment.

Wow good catch. CBC's audio just sounds so much cleaner.

Wow good catch. CBC's audio just sounds so much cleaner.

Seriously. The CBC audio gives the feeling of being there live. The sound quality is excellent. Unfortunately, MSG+ lowers the crowd background volume to focus in on the annoucers. Maybe they do this because our broadcast team basically annouces from an open booth in the lower bowl. I wish they would change it as the CBC broadcast sounds more natural.

1800 tickets remain for game 3 on stub hub. LOL

Who are these idiot scalpers who think they can make money on 1st round Devils playoff matchups against Florida? What's the logic there? How much money is going to be lost? It was pretty clear that the Devils would take on a Southeast team for almost a month now.

1800 tickets remain for game 3 on stub hub. LOL

I have no idea if that is good or not considering we are almost a week before the puck drops, but it seems like a lot. I know that ticket brokers buy up large blocks of playoff strips for the Devils (I know a guy that is a ticket broker), and I'm sure that they jumped on the chance this season considering (a) we are favored to get out of round 1, and (b) our second round opponent will almost certainly be the Rangers, Flyers, or Pens (all teams that travel well and have fans that will pay a sh!tload on the secondary market). They are willing to take the loss on the first round games for the potential of the large payday in the second round. And the pay as we play option makes it even easier for them because they don't have to shell out any money upfront.

At the end of the day, the Devils don't care who they sell the tickets to, as long as the tickets get sold. However, if we have 1,800 empty seats next Tuesday I will be disappointed.

About the same amount for the Ranger game tonight.

Ranger game is basically sold out on the primary market with only $290-$1800 tickets available on ticketmaster.

We have 1800 tickets left on stubhub AND 1400 plus left on ticketmaster, and who knows how many tickets the box office is holding and not releasing on ticketmaster.

Its just sad :saddevil:

Edited by Zubie#8

Remove the 1. It's 825 last I checked.

I checked earlier in the day and the number was above 1000. I guess a lot of people took the tix off once it got close enough to game time. Hopefully it's the same for us and it becomes a big crowd.

Ranger game is basically sold out on the primary market with only $290-$1800 tickets available on ticketmaster.

We have 1800 tickets left on stubhub AND 1400 plus left on ticketmaster, and who knows how many tickets the box office is holding and not releasing on ticketmaster.

Its just sad :saddevil:

The only number the Devils care about is the 1400 seats left on the primary market (ticketmaster) that they haven't sold yet. Once those go, they will declare it a sellout even if 1/2 the seats are empty during the actual game.