Let's do whatever we can to sell out the Rock this postseason

trailblazer

If it makes anyone feel better, a quick scan right now on Ticketmaster for tonight's Game 1 in Florida shows tickets are still available in approximately 77 of the 90 total sections.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D004867B4F66769?artistid=805945&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

I was looking at ticketmaster for game for and there was quite a few seats that were single seats (you can zoom in to see the individual seats that are available).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoke to my ticket rep.

still a lot of tickets for game 3 left.

not sure what the offer is but they emailed/left automated messages on peoples phones.

With the higher tickets prices, Devils made what they wanted to for the game already, now just sending out deals to fill the building.

call Devils and ask for the deal if you don't have tix yet

Everyone buy up!

If it makes anyone feel better, the game did not sell out in Florida last night, the first playoff game not to do so.

However, at 19,119, it was 99.3 percent full. So it came close.

Edited by 95Crash

If it makes anyone feel better, the game did not sell out in Florida last night, the first playoff game not to do so.

However, at 19,119, it was 99.3 percent full. So it came close.

I was at game 1, it wasn't even close to sold out. The upper tier behind the nets was completely empty on both sides. There were also completely empty rows in lower bowl where devils shot twice. the Panthers had full rows of seats they were selling on stubhub which never sold and they falsely counted as sold. It was pathetic for a playoff game after waiting 12 years. I hope our building is full!

I hope that fans, especially those that devote their time on this forum (the diehards, I'd like to think), that can't somehow justify buying tickets to this game, can look in a mirror a few years down the road if this team faces relocation and admit to themselves that they were part of the problem.

I've hesitated to comment on this thread, because I know I'll ruffle feathers saying stuff like this, but people who call themselves fans need to be able to step up and financially support this team.

Obviously, paying rent, supporting your family, etc. takes priority over supporting a sports team. That goes without saying. However, and I think I speak for most of us on this forum and in New Jersey in general, I don't think going to a game, using the correct methods, is absurdly expensive or out of reach.

I just checked stubhub right now, and there are around 700 tickets available for under $100. Less than $100/ticket is not unreasonable to see a professional sports team in a playoff game. Not wanting to pay that for a Wednesday night regular season game against a non-divisional rival, I understand. But this is the playoffs people.

I know I'm going to get flamed by the usual people, but man.. you can't have your cake and eat it to. People can't complain about this team potentially relocating and going bankrupt (can't wait for July 1st when the banks can come after the Devils, by the way) if they're unwilling to financially support them now.

And, just for the record, I'm a broke unemployed college student, but I still forked over the dough for two tickets for game 3 and 4. I began planning in March to be able to do so.

Alright, so I've said my bit. Now I'll just..sit back, and prepare for the incoming sh!t storm I've likely created. :tomato:

Edited by Devilsfan118

I hope that fans, especially those that devote their time on this forum (the diehards, I'd like to think), that can't somehow justify buying tickets to this game, can look in a mirror a few years down the road if this team faces relocation and admit to themselves that they were part of the problem.

I've hesitated to comment on this thread, because I know I'll ruffle feathers saying stuff like this, but people who call themselves fans need to be able to step up and financially support this team.

Obviously, paying rent, supporting your family, etc. takes priority over supporting a sports team. That goes without saying. However, and I think I speak for most of us on this forum and in New Jersey in general, I don't think going to a game, using the correct methods, is absurdly expensive or out of reach.

I just checked stubhub right now, and there are around 700 tickets available for under $100. Less than $100/ticket is not unreasonable to see a professional sports team in a playoff game. Not wanting to pay that for a Wednesday night regular season game against a non-divisional rival, I understand. But this is the playoffs people.

I know I'm going to get flamed by the usual people, but man.. you can't have your cake and eat it to. People can't complain about this team potentially relocating and going bankrupt (can't wait for July 1st when the banks can come after the Devils, by the way) if they're unwilling to financially support them now.

And, just for the record, I'm a broke unemployed college student, but I still forked over the dough for two tickets for game 3 and 4. I began planning in March to be able to do so.

Alright, so I've said my bit. Now I'll just..sit back, and prepare for the incoming sh!t storm I've likely created. :tomato:

Bought my tickets, like I do every year. And the Devils will not at any point in the near or distant future face relocation, so we can we knock it off with this sh!t already?

Not to mention selling 1000-2000 more tickets to one or two playoff games isn't going to be the difference between this team going under or not. VBK has bigger problems than trying to sell a few hundred playoff tickets.

And if StubHub (already sold seats) has tickets available well below face and if those aren't selling you know they aren't selling the remaining 'unsold' seats at face.

Very true and at least you have acknowledged those who cannot make it due to other financial priorities.

I know I bitch and moan about the prices but I did managed to snag a couple of tickets to game three the other day on stubhub in the middle tier for $39 a ticket. I really can't complain too much about that.

I'm not going to flame you since I think your intentions are good. I can only speak for myself so I'll do that. I'm 24 and ever since the Devils moved to The Rock I've gone to a 4-10 games a year until this year. My money was also tight those years but I was able to manage until this year. Under $100 is reasonable for a playoff game, but for a young person like me its not the easiest thing to pull off. I currently go to school full time while commuting (I moved back home to help care for my mother) so I spend a ton of money just devoted to that and gas. I also have to worry about the usual bills (car, insurance, food, etc.) and I usually have nothing more than a few bucks left over after I get my paycheck from my one job or cash from clients for my other job.

I'm not writing this to complain or get sympathy - I consider myself a very lucky person actually. If I could be at the games, I would.

I'm sure there are plenty of diehard fans on this forum who can't financially make it out to these games. There are plenty of die hards who watch from home and there are plenty of fans out there who struggle to make it month to month. I'm going to the game but to call out other fans who are struggling with money is ridiculous.

I'm an unemployed full time college student and I worked my butt off the last two summers in order to get season tickets. I just had enough money to buy playoff tickets for the first two rounds. There is no excuse for people not going to any games. If you are a true fan you would work your butt off to see them in person, UNLESS you are in severe financial trouble. That's my two cents for what it's worth.

Edit: not saying you're not a real fan if you cant afford tickets.

Edited by Zubie#8

when we cant sell out a playoff game thats when you know...

how sad....I'm from montreal and I will be attending the game.

For people that cant afford 100$ for a playoff ticket dont call yourselfs fans..

Edited by Devilsrock01

For people that cant afford 100$ for a playoff ticket dont call yourselfs fans..

So what about that family of 4 who can't afford 400 bucks plus money for gas and tolls to the game? If they watch the game from home they aren't real fans? Some of you need to pull your head out of your ass and realize some people have it a lot worse then you out there.

So what about that family of 4 who can't afford 400 bucks plus money for gas and tolls to the game? If they watch the game from home they aren't real fans? Some of you need to pull your head out of your ass and realize some people have it a lot worse then you out there.

$40 bucks on stubhub. That's a hell of a deal for a playoff game. There are 90 tickets that are under $50 on stubhub. When the inventory on stubhub goes low the demand rises then people resort to ticketmaster and box office.

Edited by Zubie#8

$40 bucks on stubhub. That's a hell of a deal for a playoff game. There are 90 tickets that are under $50 on stubhub. When the inventory on stubhub goes low the demand rises then people resort to ticketmaster and box office.

Yeah, so multiply that by 4 and then consider parking and dinner. It 'aint a cheap night for a family.

You should be embarassed with the last line of your post. How DARE you accuse someone who might not have the financial means to afford playoff tickets in a crummy economy of not being a 'real fan'. I swear to God, I really don't know where some of you get your fvcking balls.

Honestly, that is nothing for a playoff game.

Glad to see you got the point.

Honestly, that is nothing for a playoff game.

Cool. So you taking your whole family then, moneybags?

You should be embarassed with the last line of your post. How DARE you accuse someone who might not have the financial means to afford playoff tickets in a crummy economy of not being a 'real fan'. I swear to God, I really don't know where some of you get your fvcking balls.

Glad to see you got the point.

I paid for my parents to see Bruce Springsteen in New York City, I brought my family to five Devil games on my own money this year. I have rent to pay with my savings. It is honestly nothing. Forty bucks for playoff tickets is nothing.

EDIT: I just wrote this without seeing your last comment about bringing my family, you don't know me.

Edited by Zubie#8

I paid for my parents to see Bruce Springsteen in New York City, I brought my family to five Devil games on my own money this year. I have rent to pay with my savings. It is honestly nothing. Forty bucks for playoff tickets is nothing.

EDIT: I just wrote this without seeing your last comment about bringing my family, you don't know me.

You're right, I don't know you- but you don't know everyone else either. That's the point Zubie. I don't think its right for people to tell others how to spend their money, when they have no idea what one can afford or not afford. And then if someone can't afford it, say they're not a real fan. I mean, really. Think about that.

You're right, I don't know you- but you don't know everyone else either. That's the point Zubie. I don't think its right for people to tell others how to spend their money, when they have no idea what one can afford or not afford. And then if someone can't afford it, say they're not a real fan. I mean, really. Think about that.

If you read my earlier post I said unless you have financial problems. My point is that forty dollars is not a lot of money to see a New York area sports team in the playoffs. That's my only point I am trying to make. If I came off as saying you're not a real fan if you cannot afford tickets well then I apologize, that was not my intention.

Edited by Zubie#8

If you read my earlier post I said unless you have financial problems. My point is that forty dollars is not a lot of money to see a New York area sports team in the playoffs.

but you still fail to see the point that it is a lot of money to some people. Just because it's not a lot of money to you doesn't mean it's not a lot to someone else

but you still fail to see the point that it is a lot of money to some people. Just because it's not a lot of money to you doesn't mean it's not a lot to someone else

I understand that but that's the best ticket price anyone will ever see for any playoff game in this area.