Roll call for today, 3/17

Mayday

Apparently Randy Moller, the Panthers radio announcer, made some comments about our building. Said its "not loud or intimidating". I think its time to give him a nice big sh!tburger to eat.

And he isn't wrong sadly. It really only seems loud during the Rangers games. Hopefully tonight, the crowd can bring a ton of energy to the players. If you want to be loud prove an announcer wrong, sure, but hopefully the crowd can get pumped for different reasons.

And he isn't wrong sadly. It really only seems loud during the Rangers games. Hopefully tonight, the crowd can bring a ton of energy to the players. If you want to be loud prove an announcer wrong, sure, but hopefully the crowd can get pumped for different reasons.

One of the problems is that we tend to get demoralized fairly easily (for anyone who sees my posts you can count me as one of them).

To add to this, at fan appreciation game against the Sens last week, my gf called my cell during the first period. She thought the game started at 1 and not 3 and asked if I was on my way home. I told her I was at the game and it just started shortly before and didn't believe me as it was so quiet. We kept going back and forth and she only believed me when the people around me, who have been laughing the whole time at my convo, started cheering to make it loud that my gf finally then believed me.

Yup, it is that quiet.

Its the playoffs. It gets loud as fvck in this building in the playoffs. Trust me. I've been at every playoff game at the Rock since they moved there. Moller has yet to experience a playoff crowd here. He's gonna look stupid.

Its the playoffs. It gets loud as fvck in this building in the playoffs. Trust me. I've been at every playoff game at the Rock since they moved there. Moller has yet to experience a playoff crowd here. He's gonna look stupid.

I hear you, but like Daniel said, the crowds can get demoralized easily after a goal. Devils fans feed off the Devils good play a lot, but it should be that the players feed off the crowd's energy. Coach speak usually involves a road team hanging on for the first 5-6 minutes as the crowd is hot and the home team is flying and scoring a quick goal to take the crowd of it. That's ideal, and if the crowd does get quiet, then it doesn't become an intimidating place to play.

So part of it, from the crowd's point of view is staying positive and loud throughout, and giving the team a lift if they need it.

Edited by devilsrule33

I hear you, but like Daniel said, the crowds can get demoralized easily after a goal. Devils fans feed off the Devils good play a lot, but it should be that the Players feed off the crowd's energy. Coach speak usually involves a road team hanging on for the first 5-6 minutes as the crowd is hot and the home team is flying and scoring a quick goal to take the crowd of it. That's ideal, and if the crowd does get quiet, then it doesn't become an intimidating place to play.

So part of it is from the crowd's point of view is staying positive and loud throughout, and giving the team a lift if they need it.

That's true, hoping the crowd keeps the energy going even after a Florida goal. But trust me, it will still be loud. The stupid MSG audio doesn't do it justice, as was displayed in those dueling MSG+/CBC videos.