EQF Game 3 - Playoff GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

Sometimes there are no words...well, there are, but all the ones in my head are four letters long and of the profane variety.

Having said that, being down 2-1 doesn't mean the series is over, even though it sure feels like it at the moment.

I am so furious, disappointed, and upset. I am inclined to agree with everyone lambasting the team - deservedly so - however somehow deep down I agree with you.

I said I had potential tickets to an elimination game this Saturday. Wow do I hope I was wrong.

It's not the avatar and your to superstitious.

I'll concede both. Still, thanks for changing it.

Carolina game 7 three years ago......the haunting memory is back.

Yup. Exactly what I said to myself when I saw Marty give up that softie for a third goal. Typical choke job NJ style.

At least the NFL Draft is coming up, something to take my mind off this pathetic mess.

Edited by slasher72

As a fan, I'm already feeling optimistic again, but this has happened so many times. I always manufacture optimism, but that just makes it hurt more when we lose. I know this, and I know after the past 2 (hell, even 3 games, we played like sh!t for a lot of the 1st too), but I can't keep getting hopeful. Ugh, now I'm starting to sound like pk. :giggle:

I don't understand why folks are mad. I'm more disappointed than anything. Disappointed in the way that a parent knows their kid can get B or A with a little effort but the kid keeps settling for Cs.

Besdies, this is a Panthers team with much more drive than their opponents. The Panthers were basically written off for this series. Plus the team is made up of a group of has-beens, never-wases, cast-aways and salary dumps. They've got a big chip on their shoulder. In addition they've got a goaltender who saved our bacon when Marty was out and was pushed aside when he returned. Then when he should have been re-signed he was told go somewhere else.

Sorry, but we don't have guys like Rafalski, Madden, Pando,Brylin and yes, even Gomez and Langenbrunner. Those guys had heart. We now have a goalie who doesn't know he's way past his prime and a team captain whose foot was already halfway out the door early this season.

Definition of insanity is continuing to to the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

THE SLOPPY PK is an embarrassment to professional hockey. Obviously the Rats are playing a better east/west game. too

Billy Jaffe on NHL LIVE stated it best... DEVILS: STUPID PENALTIES

PS: Someone whack Clarkson in the head, it's frustrating to watch him always breaking concentration and looking whining at the REF for a penalty.

PDB sounds a little hoarse. hopefully he ripped into the guys in the locker room. and marty's starting thursday, in case any of you arent watching his press conference.

Hopefully he still doesn't think that they "played well" like he said after GM 2.. Seriously. These guys look unmotivated for 40 minutes of the game.

Edited by Aznjsn

if they stay out of the box and actually give some effort for a whole game they should be ok, providing hedburg starts. Im a big brodeur fan but hedburg deserves to start the rest of this series

they did stay out of the box. they took 3 penalties. it's just that every single power play ended up in the devils' net.

PDB sounds a little hoarse. hopefully he ripped into the guys in the locker room. and marty's starting thursday, in case any of you arent watching his press conference.

I hope he slashes their fvcking tires, bag skates them, and makes them fvcking sleep there tonight. They deserve it.