Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

I completely forgot how Brodeur plays defense and is also in charge of goal scoring. Go fvck yourself!

I mean, erm, how silly of us!

Y'all are just fvckin stupid. This ignore list is getting so long, maybe it's time to just find a different board.

A board where an opposing opinion and points of reason can be presented that directly are against your approach to fandom and how one should conduct himself?

GOOD LUCK!

I have been right since 2005 re: Marty's playoff performance.

This team panics when he lets them down. That's been happing since 2005.

That's 6 years.

To try to defend Marty's play by blaming Hedberg is stupid.

Do me a solid. Point out all the playoff games not including overtime between 2005 and 2010 where Marty let in 3 or more goals and the offense actually bailed him out.

Nah, I'll do it for you.

Game 1 vs Tampa in 2006 (5-3)

Game 2 vs Philly in 2010 (5-3).

The scores for wins... 6-1, 4-1, 3-0, 4-2, 5-3, 4-3 (OT), 3-0, 3-2, 3-2, 4-3 (OT), 4-1, 3-2, 1-0, 5-3.

3.7 goals for per game

1.6 goals against per game

Scores for loses... 3-2, 3-2, 5-4, 2-0, 3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 2-1, 5-3, 5-3, 2-1 (OT), 4-3, 4-0, 4-3, 2-1, 3-2, 4-1, 3-0.

1.7 goals for per game

3.4 goals against per game

In losses, Marty has been given a whopping 1.7 goals for of support. Who is gonna win like that??? The problem is NOT just at the feet of Brodeur. It's deeper than that.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Do me a solid. Point out all the playoff games not including overtime between 2005 and 2010 where Marty let in 3 or more goals and the offense actually bailed him out.

Nah, I'll do it for you.

Game 1 vs Tampa in 2006 (5-3)

Game 2 vs Philly in 2010 (5-3).

The scores for wins... 6-1, 4-1, 3-0, 4-2, 5-3, 4-3 (OT), 3-0, 3-2, 3-2, 4-3 (OT), 4-1, 3-2, 1-0, 5-3.

3.7 goals for per game

1.6 goals against per game

Scores for loses... 3-2, 3-2, 5-4, 2-0, 3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 2-1, 5-3, 5-3, 2-1 (OT), 4-3, 4-0, 4-3, 2-1, 3-2, 4-1, 3-0.

1.7 goals for per game

3.4 goals against per game

In losses, Marty has been given a whopping 1.7 goals for of support. Who is gonna win like that??? The problem is NOT just at the feet of Brodeur. It's deeper than that.

the support has nothing to do with it when discussing marty and the stats you just brought up actually hurt your argument. giving up 3.4 goals/game, you're going to lose a hell of a lot more than you win. giving up 1.6 goals/game, you're going to win more than you lose. that's exactly what has happened.

I completely forgot how Brodeur plays defense and is also in charge of goal scoring. Go fvck yourself!

I mean, erm, how silly of us!

Y'all are just fvckin stupid. This ignore list is getting so long, maybe it's time to just find a different board.

Xactly, its a team game and right now this team does not play 60 minutes.

Last night after these 3 goals scored in the first, we completely gave up on the physical part of our game, gave up the tight back checks in our end, gave up our aggressiveness on the puck and we even played lazy and got something like 3 penalties in 10 minutes and the cherry on the cake was our special teams who couldn't even present a decent PK to keep the lead or a decent PP to get us back in the game.Marty is supposed to do all that ?

Like I said, start playing 60 minutes a game or the goaltending argument/problem wont even be worth discussing.

Also what the heck is Deboer doing ? Volchenkov is on the ice for I don't know how many goals and he still find ways to get him on the ice for every one of the 4 goals scored yesterday and 3 of them were on the PK. Double shift someone on the PK or do anything.

Edited by SS-SS

the support has nothing to do with it when discussing marty and the stats you just brought up actually hurt your argument. giving up 3.4 goals/game, you're going to lose a hell of a lot more than you win. giving up 1.6 goals/game, you're going to win more than you lose. that's exactly what has happened.

LD claimed Brodeurs play was the reason the team couldn't win, and I pointed out that the offense has been terrible as well. I'm saying it's shared blame. Marty is definitely a part of the problem, but it isn't all on him.

The offense has rarely bailed out Marty when he lets in 3 goals or more and as it's been pointed out earlier, offense, defense, and goaltending all need to steal games now and again.

Some people are so disrespectful. If you feel this way, why bring it up now?

Apparently 3 weak goals and your career is automatically over and you should never play again.

go devils

The vultures pop out after a bad loss usually. This is the norm

Cutting games into wins and losses is usually going to produce this kind of split, though.

Flyers/Penguins is a perfect example to argue against this being all on Marty's shoulders. Those two teams' goalies are complete sieves right now yet both teams' rosters are stepping up their play and effort to make up for that deficit. Once the Devils were tied , the players should have stepped it up.

I can't take it anymore with his choke-a-riffic bullcrap. He's held this team back for so long...from Matteau (x2) to Laukkanen to Jagr putting one through him in 1999 game 6 to Markov game 5 Flyers 2004, Staal game 4 rangers 2008, the epic choke to carolina 2009, being outplayed by the Ray Emery's, Brian Bouchers and Robery Esche's of the world. He is FINISHED, DONE. A has been who was aided by the trap far too long and never an elite puckstopper in the Hasek/Roy mold (as you might think he would be by looking at his stats)

Now I'm not sure Hedberg is the answer...he's just a backup, maybe a hair better than Brodeur at this point. But to blow this series to the stinking offensively punchless panthers would be the last straw. Pack your bags and retire Marty...or go chase win #700 in some other sweater, because we can't carry your sorry ass any longer.

this team is just flat out fvcked in net. No faith in Brodeur, and I doubt Hedberg is going to be Cam Ward like in relief. Meanwhile Clemmenson or whatever scarecrow the Panthers put in net will prob magically morph into a brick wall

Hahahahahahahabahah! Did someone not take their meds today?

Some people are so disrespectful. If you feel this way, why bring it up now?

Apparently 3 weak goals and your career is automatically over and you should never play again.

go devils

Thats not exactly a fair assessment of how people are reacting. I have personally defended Marty all season and don't know what to do now.

Edited by ben00rs

Thats not exactiyla fair assessment of how people are reacting. I have personally defended Marty all season and don't know what to do now.

Did you read the title of the thread?

The guys who don't appreciate Marty now probably will later, when the Devils will be likely one of many teams that will have to re-visit their goalie situation every few years or so. I don't think they realize how lucky they were to have a guy you could not only pencil in to start 70+ games for year after year after year, but you could count on to play very well most of the time. The last couple of years have clearly seen his play drop a notch overall, no question, the save%s alone the last two seasons attest to that (.903 and .908), though Marty did have four years in the prime of his career where his save%s were .906, .910, .906 and .906 (his career save% is .913). I don't have a problem with people criticizing Marty, but the venom and mean-spiritedness that comes with how some people choose to do it baffles me. I can't ever, nor would I ever want to, be a part of that. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember the Devils pre-Marty, and not obsessed with tying asterisks to some of his accomplishments after the fact.

Regardless of what happens, I do hope Marty hangs 'em up after this season, regardless of how this postseason turns out, only because the last two seasons have been so inconsistent...he has looked so much like old Marty at times, but no one can say anymore WHEN he can be expected to perform like old Marty (not even him), and when he's not on his game, it's become so sad to see, and not just on the ice, but the way too many Devils fans react to those less-than-stellar moments. He may have another stretch in him like last season's and this season's second halves, but I would rather not see him risk trying, as to fail will lead to yet another round of too many Devils fans yet again making him sound like the worst person ever to lace up the skates wearing the Devils sweater.

It's hard to defend Marty - or anyone else on this team - when Marty says things like 'we didn't expect to be tested this early'. Who the fvck are you guys to take ANYONE lightly after five years of playoff dissapointments and underachieving?! If they lose Game 4, they should just die like the dogs they are in Game 5, don't annoy us further by coming back here to get eliminated when Clemmensen shuts us out in Game 6 :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Did you read the title of the thread?

The guys who don't appreciate Marty now probably will later, when the Devils will be likely one of many teams that will have to re-visit their goalie situation every few years or so. I don't think they realize how lucky they were to have a guy you could not only pencil in to start 70+ games for year after year after year, but you could count on to play very well most of the time. The last couple of years have clearly seen his play drop a notch overall, no question, the save%s alone the last two seasons attest to that (.903 and .908), though Marty did have four years in the prime of his career where his save%s were .906, .910, .906 and .906 (his career save% is .913). I don't have a problem with people criticizing Marty, but the venom and mean-spiritedness that comes with how some people choose to do it baffles me. I can't ever, nor would I ever want to, be a part of that. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember the Devils pre-Marty, and not obsessed with tying asterisks to some of his accomplishments after the fact.

Regardless of what happens, I do hope Marty hangs 'em up after this season, regardless of how this postseason turns out, only because the last two seasons have been so inconsistent...he has looked so much like old Marty at times, but no one can say anymore WHEN he can be expected to perform like old Marty (not even him), and when he's not on his game, it's become so sad to see, and not just on the ice, but the way too many Devils fans react to those less-than-stellar moments. He may have another stretch in him like last season's and this season's second halves, but I would rather not see him risk trying, as to fail will lead to yet another round of too many Devils fans yet again making him sound like the worst person ever to lace up the skates wearing the Devils sweater.

While I think its somewhat unnecessary to talk about what he has done, I also think some people are being overly insulting. But the way Marty is talking to the media it's not easy to feel bad for the guy. That's a big reason for this backlash. While some fans here need to watch what they say out of respect for Marty's 15 years or so of greatness for us, at the same time he needs to stop acting so entitled. He has won nothing in 10 years aside from a couple first round playoff victories. I do however accept the argument that that's just how he is and its just him being competitive and like TG said "I think Marty knows he needs to play better." It's as if TG knows Marty well and sees through the arrogance.

You might not remember this but when Marty was playing poorly early on in the season, I was his most ardent defender. I argued that it wasn't his fault and that he should continue to start.

The main point is that none of this really matters. If Marty has a huge game today, the haters will have to back away and if he is bad, they are here to stay. And whichever happens will show us whether Marty is truly done or not. Tonight is obviously the biggest game of the rest of Marty's career; it can either be the turning point or what should be the end. If he loses badly, it just wouldn't be responsible of Lou to keep him in net for this team, knowing we can't win a Cup.

And bad interviewer or not, Marty has to stop taking side shots at his teammates. Especially the, "Well I didn't get the loss comments." Taking a shot at Moose is not the way to go.

Wouldn't it be great if he stops 40 shots tonight and has a shutout? Chances of that happening...Go Devils...koolaid.gif

Edited by ben00rs

It's hard to defend Marty - or anyone else on this team - when Marty says things like 'we didn't expect to be tested this early'. Who the fvck are you guys to take ANYONE lightly after five years of playoff dissapointments and underachieving?! If they lose Game 4, they should just die like the dogs they are in Game 5, don't annoy us further by coming back here to get eliminated when Clemmensen shuts us out in Game 6 :rant:

I really don't think that means what you think it means.

I am just curious how this board would of reacted in 2000 when the Devils were down 3-1 to the Flyers in the Eastern Conference Finals...haha..

Everyone relax, calm down, and see what happens...

beach-view-from-papala.jpg

its funny you mention that - while this version of the board wasn't here in 2000, many members were and you had a surprising amount of people saying that it was certainly possible. people were upset immediately after game 4 but after about 2 hours, you had a good portion saying that they felt there was a good chance to get back. i was one of them then.

its funny you mention that - while this version of the board wasn't here in 2000, many members were and you had a surprising amount of people saying that it was certainly possible. people were upset immediately after game 4 but after about 2 hours, you had a good portion saying that they felt there was a good chance to get back. i was one of them then.

I won't deny that the 2000 team is far superior than the team we have now haha.

I just wish people would just wait and see what happens before we start calling out every player on the roster

I won't deny that the 2000 team is far superior than the team we have now haha.

I just wish people would just wait and see what happens before we start calling out every player on the roster

I think this is my biggest problem with some people's attitudes around here right now. Too many "This series is over" talk, or acting like it is. It isn't. What if Marty comes back, finds his game yet again, and the Devils pull this series out? '7' was basically calling for Marty to never start another game again.