Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

It's hard to defend Marty - or anyone else on this team - when Marty says things like 'we didn't expect to be tested this early'. Who the fvck are you guys to take ANYONE lightly after five years of playoff dissapointments and underachieving?! If they lose Game 4, they should just die like the dogs they are in Game 5, don't annoy us further by coming back here to get eliminated when Clemmensen shuts us out in Game 6 :rant:

Best post in the thread so far.

I think this is my biggest problem with some people's attitudes around here right now. Too many "This series is over" talk, or acting like it is. It isn't. What if Marty comes back, finds his game yet again, and the Devils pull this series out? '7' was basically calling for Marty to never start another game again.

Yeah, I think that has roots in some of the recent results. I mean, the last 3 times the Devils have gone down 2-1 in a series, they've lost the next 2, by a combined score of 23-10. It's not exactly a lot of happy memories.

Yeah, I think that has roots in some of the recent results. I mean, the last 3 times the Devils have gone down 2-1 in a series, they've lost the next 2, by a combined score of 23-10. It's not exactly a lot of happy memories.

True, but this is a different opponent, different series...doesn't have the same feel as those series did. The Devils felt like the inferior team in all of those series. This one I feel like the Devils can still get it together.

Marty has to stop taking side shots at his teammates. Especially the, "Well I didn't get the loss comments." Taking a shot at Moose is not the way to go.

He can take shots all he wants, facts are facts. The guy's won 6 playoff games of his last 20 (going all the way back since the 2006-07 season) and he's given up 8 goals in 7½ periods this series alone. Moreover.. what exactly did he do this year that gives him the right to talk? Win 30 games out of 60? :noclue: I'll pop the champagne.

..fact is, you could've interpreted Parise's comments of; "I didn't think our PK struggled" ..as a shot at Brodeur. Eluding to the shots being stoppable.

Edited by Beezer34

Ouch. Not encouraging.

I believe the Devils are a mentally fragile team, and this may have killed them. We'll find out based on their performance tonight.

True. And it's not just getting out to an early lead. It's getting a lead and holding it, or it's making a comeback to take a lead back or win altogether. It's a full 60 minutes and/or overtime win if needed.

Has to be a win.

..fact is, you could've interpreted Parise's comments of; "I didn't think our PK struggled" ..as a shot at Brodeur. Eluding to the shots being stoppable.

you could but that's a lot more indirect than what Marty said which really can't be mistaken for anything else.

you could but that's a lot more indirect than what Marty said which really can't be mistaken for anything else.

Yeah, but even I have to say, it was clear in reading and listening to several comments that a lot of players were surprised at the inability to make those saves and pretty much admitted they lost their rhythym because of it. They aren't going to outright point fingers or give names. It definitely sounded though like a few of them were upset/disappointed about the goals going in.

its funny you mention that - while this version of the board wasn't here in 2000, many members were and you had a surprising amount of people saying that it was certainly possible. people were upset immediately after game 4 but after about 2 hours, you had a good portion saying that they felt there was a good chance to get back. i was one of them then.

Amen!!! I remember back then and Robinson's kick the waste basket speech. There were a good number of us saying it was possible and the most difficult game in the series is getting that 4th win. There were a decent number of Flyer fans who figured they had that series when they were up 3-1. Wonder if some of them get nervous with their 3-1 lead currently.

Bottom line is the Devils are a far superior team to florida...if brodeur doesn't suck (as he did 2 days ago) we likely win. We don't ask much of Brodeur. This team is sound defensively and has some offensive punch. If he doesn't let in softies early (like today) and the offense finally pumps some goals past the myth that is Clemmensen...we'll win.

I'm still worried about Marty. He's very jekyll and hyde at this age. Honestly if he lets in some more softies sat night, I won't be shocked.

Edited by '7'

Yea, our wins and losses have nothing to do with our offense completely falling off the face of the planet after the first that game.

I keep forgetting that our 38 year old back up Hedberg is going to be the savior. Get the system goalie off the ice.

Edited by njdevils783

Do you hear that? It's the sound of Marty telling this thread to suck it.

trollmarty.gif

If I could wipe my ass with this thread, I would.. Reactionary threads are beyond ridiculous and, like with Manta, usually end in backtracking by a lot of folks

Oh well, we're all fans here!!! Go Devils!!

If I could wipe my ass with this thread, I would.. Reactionary threads are beyond ridiculous and, like with Manta, usually end in backtracking by a lot of folks

Oh well, we're all fans here!!! Go Devils!!

I was pissed at Marty after the last game but I kept my criticism to a minimum for this reason. Great bounce back by Marty and he also got some defensive support.

This is the way that will win us series.