Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

Without the trapezoid rule that second goal doesn't happen. Also you can't blame the goalie for a loss in which you get shut out.

Doesn't mean people won't still blame him. Apparently Brodeur ruined the momentum, but taking a ton of crappy penalties and shooting wide all night doesn't kill momentum. Who knew?

I don't give a sh!t whose fault the 2nd goal was. This team was pathetic tonight. Here's a fun fact for ya...

Tuesday has the chance to be the 4th time in 5 years we lose a series on home ice and that other year we missed the playoffs. Awesome.

Lets be the Hurricanes of 2012, win game six at home then break the Panther fans hearts at their place.

Second goal wasn't on Marty it was on Kovy.

Wrong. It's very much on Brodeur as well. He was so nonchalant with his handling of the puck and failed to properly read the positioning of the players in the zone. But he is not solely to blame for the loss overall and kept things close the first two periods. It was clear as day we were losing this game, but that goal just sealed it for certain.

Yeah well when you guys are rushing to pronounce Marty 'back' after Game 4 it's gonna come back and get you when he isn't back in Game 5.

This isn't about short memories either, the Marty of a few years ago would be able to put more than one good game in a row together in the playoffs (clearly he isn't now), then again the Marty of a few years ago was playing with HOF'ers instead of mongloids like Volchenkov on defense.

Huh? As a goalie he played fine. That play as a defenseman was a little lacking but he wasn't the only person on the ice that fvcked up, why are Sal and Kovy waiting for a breakout when the only pass he can make is a backhand back around the other way? I mean they're watching Upshall go to the net. Why is Upshall going to the net? Because he knows it can't fvcking come out that side of the ice, so get to where you can make a play.

His biggest mistake there is not rushing to the puck and taking a penalty, since it's blown dead automatically.

Wrong. It's very much on Brodeur as well. He was so nonchalant with his handling of the puck and failed to properly read the positioning of the players in the zone. But he is not solely to blame for the loss overall and kept things close the first two periods. It was clear as day we were losing this game, but that goal just sealed it for certain.

Wrong. He saw the player coming in with salvador as he went behind the net. No one covered the player who got the puck from him OR the guy in front of the net. Just more lazy devil play.

And to add on to that, I can only remember once seeing the goalie do the "right thing" there, I remember one time Lundqvist got trapped and pretty much just fell on the puck to get a whistle. He got trapped, sh!t happens, he didn't make the right decision, but the rest of that play is the sh!ts too.

Wrong. He saw the player coming in with salvador as he went behind the net. No one covered the player who got the puck from him OR the guy in front of the net. Just more lazy devil play.

Nonsense. Just pure nonsense.

Nonsense. Just pure nonsense.

So Upshall didn't peel off and go to the net while two guys waited for a breakout that couldn't come to that side? Uh huh. There was actually a second Panther that broke to the net from somewhere else, so someone else failed too.

So Upshall didn't peel off and go to the net while two guys waited for a breakout that couldn't come to that side? Uh huh. There was actually a second Panther that broke to the net from somewhere else, so someone else failed too.

Mostly laziness (which we saw a few times from a few players tonight at various points).

Marty should have never played the puck with the defenseman (Salvador) coming in behind. It's pretty simple. I don't know what Marty was thinking.

Yes, there should have been some better coverage from the other players, but you never leave your net when the puck is in contention for possession like that.

Mostly laziness (which we saw a few times from a few players tonight at various points).

Marty should have never played the puck with the defenseman (Salvador) coming in behind. It's pretty simple. I don't know what Marty was thinking.

Yes, there should have been some better coverage from the other players, but you never leave your net when the puck is in contention for possession like that.

Sal was beat badly. He let the guy through. It ended up being a poor decision compounded by not taking a penalty when the puck died, but there were failures all over the ice on that play. People coasting, people waiting for things that were impossible, etc. The entire center ice was vacated, were there two other guys waiting for a breakout on the correct side of the ice? :lol: It was a total mess.

Really? Because they were all wide open. There was no back check. There was Salvador and Brodeur, then all 3 panther forwards. You can even see zidlicky coasting back after the puck goes in.

That's not in dispute from me. However, Brodeur never should have played the puck like that. It was a terrible decision on his part.

I'm not trying to kill Marty for this game as the whole team around him stunk it up, but that gaffe was shocking coming from a guy who is normally such a good decision maker and puck handler near his net when facing such situations.

Sal was beat badly. He let the guy through. It ended up being a poor decision compounded by not taking a penalty when the puck died, but there were failures all over the ice on that play. People coasting, people waiting for things that were impossible, etc. The entire center ice was vacated, were there two other guys waiting for a breakout on the correct side of the ice? :lol: It was a total mess.

No kidding. Just disheartening. I just don't want excuses if we lose the series. I don't want to hear about injuries or this and that.

Poor play is poor play. And when that becomes consistent, I think changes have to be considered.

The first goal was a one timer that came from good puck movement on the power play. That's not a softie by any means. If that came on our power play we'd be talking about how the PP was really clicking and what a great goal it was.

This fanbase considers anything not deflected or scored on a 4-on-1 a softie.

I don't know his reasoning for that. With the ice vacated, it could have been panic. The way that played out, if he doesn't get the puck, Upshall is still getting fed for a very good scoring chance. Maybe he holds position, but I doubt it because the only guy who can win the race is the Panther going to the puck. I also have no idea where the C was on that play.

How the hell are some saying their first was a "softie" ? I (unfortunately) had a front row seat to that, it was a one timer akin to what Kovy is supposed to do on our PP. A softie... Okay whatever you guys say. Sorry but our complete and utter absense of any offensive attack is why this game went down the drain.

How the hell are some saying their first was a "softie" ? I (unfortunately) had a front row seat to that, it was a one timer akin to what Kovy is supposed to do on our PP. A softie... Okay whatever you guys say. Sorry but our complete and utter absense of any offensive attack is why this game went down the drain.

And the defenseman got himself too high to try and break up the pass and missed. sh!t, Versteeg probably could have walked in too.

Only 6 shots in the 2nd period. But that's cuz the team was soooo depressed after Marty let in that first softie... Also the team was so angry guys just started taking penalties.

Lmao exactly. The team was all, "GOSH DARN IT!! MARTY YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T ALLOW A GOAL AGAIN ALL SERIES, WTF!! now I'm sad... Guess I'll stop playing. Try again tuesday."

When you sit here and actually read some of the excuses and reasons to why we lost on here, you might be able to conjure up a good laugh amidst all the disappointment tonight.