GDT: 4/19/12, Game 4 Quarterfinals (3) FLA @ (6) NJD

Devils Pride 26

On my way to the train station, some car full of (apparently) Rangers fans drove by and chanted "Devils suck balls!" or something like that.

Well, as fate would have it, they got stuck at a light. And some irish sounding dude literally jumped on the hood and ran across it. I sh!t you not. I was worried shots would be fired..it was awesome

There were two Ranger fans in jerseys by the Edison street exit. I walked past to hear a security guard tell them they are asking for trouble and better leave. I wonder if it were the same people in the car.

The "You're a backup!" chant directed toward Clemmensen was rather hurtful. Best crowd ever, better than both cup winners.

How the fvck did I not hear that? I was drunk, but I don't know how I missed that. In any event, I don't find that chant neccassary really. Mean-spirited for really no reason. It's not like Clemmensen is some cocksucker like Gomez. He was a good Devil.

And people think we're obsessed with the Rangers? At least we don't go to Ranger-Ottawa playoff games and make a$$e$ of ourselves.

That jerk-off was one section over from me in 215, we hit him up with the ASSSSSSSHOLE chant as he walked to his seats. At the end a bunch of people (myself included of course :P) were killing this guy with RANGERS SUCK chants as he stood there like an a$$hole. I don't understand these fvckbags who show up to Devils games in Rangers jerseys. I mean, this moron ate sh!t all night.

That jerk-off was one section over from me in 215, we hit him up with the ASSSSSSSHOLE chant as he walked to his seats. At the end a bunch of people (myself included of course :P) were killing this guy with RANGERS SUCK chants as he stood there like an a$$hole. I don't understand these fvckbags who show up to Devils games in Rangers jerseys. I mean, this moron ate sh!t all night.

I was in 216 and yeah, yelled at the Rag$ fan with the white jersey, and yeah he was/is a dumbass for wearing a Rag$ jersey to a Devils game, but he really wasn't a dickhead like the one in 113(?)I think. He had a blue Lundqvist jersey and he was arguing with a crowd of Devils fans.. Dumbass to the fullest..

Great win, we NEED to do it again on Saturday. We won, but didn't look that great to be honest.

I was in 216 and yeah, yelled at the Rag$ fan with the white jersey, and yeah he was/is a dumbass for wearing a Rag$ jersey to a Devils game, but he really wasn't a dickhead like the one in 113(?)I think. He had a blue Lundqvist jersey and he was arguing with a crowd of Devils fans.. Dumbass to the fullest..

Great win, we NEED to do it again on Saturday. We won, but didn't look that great to be honest.

I don't get it. I wouldn't show up to a Ranger game the Devils weren't involved in with a Devils jersey on. I'd probably wear a Devils hat, but not a jersey. It's just a dickhead "look at me" move. You've won one Cup in 72 years. fvck off and worry about your own sorry team.

I don't get it. I wouldn't show up to a Ranger game the Devils weren't involved in with a Devils jersey on. I'd probably wear a Devils hat, but not a jersey. It's just a dickhead "look at me" move. You've won one Cup in 72 years. fvck off and worry about your own sorry team.

I've attended quite a few ranger games at the garden when they weren't playing the devils(I have a few friends who are rangers season ticket holders and Ill go here and there when they have extra tickets and the devils aren't playing) and I've never seen anyone with a devils jersey on and I would never wear one myself but yet we always see a few ranger fans at our games when they aren't playing, I guess they just enjoy the negative attention.

Edited by Satans Hockey

All you Marty haters can suck it. Held us in it big time early and the team would go on to pick us up. It is obvious if the Panthers aren't producing on their powerplay, their throats are already slit.

Really thrilled with the atmosphere again, going to stay up and watch the replay on msg+. Decent amount of people joined in singing the anthem as well. Not a fan of the clem sucks chants, seemed to originate from 233/133 area.

Gio keeps producing he very well could punch himself a ticket on the fourth line next year. See what happens Kovy when you calm down and throw it on net? Always a good night when both stars score, star goalie bounces back for a shutout, the fourth line produces a goal, and a makeshift third line scores too (Clarkson to Zajac).

This reminds me of a story I forgot to post on here... so at Game 2, when we started coming back in the 3rd, all my fellow Devils fans were starting to get loud. Chanting Let's Go Devils at every opportunity. There was some guy in plain clothes just sitting in between all of yes who would let out a whimper that sounded like "Let's Go Rangers!" After every chant we did he'd say that. He was sitting on the edge of the section near the stairs and was an older gentleman with a gray mullet. So after a while of back and forth, one of the Devils fans closer to the glass leaves his seat to go do whatever. When he came back, he reached his hand out behind that guys head and flicked his mullet, then ran down the steps and turned around and smiled at the guy. Then the Rag fan started furiously fixing his hair. Meanwhile I was pretty much rolling in the aisle with laughter... too funny.

Also saw a guy wearing an ancient Rangers jacket that looked like garbage at that game. And a Rangers "GRETZKY" jersey usually shows up at Florida games for some reason. I guess I can't say much, I wear my Elias jersey to every game there, including a Flyers @ Panthers game and an Islanders @ Panthers game where I spent the entire game heckling the Atlantic teams / all their fans in the arena

Great win for them. 5 on 5, PP, PK were all very good which is quite reassuring. Bernier has been great the last two games, as has Zid.

Now if only we can get that third line going somehow. I'm thinking Poni-Henrique-Bernier may be worth trying, but I wonder how that would affect other chemistry as well as Clarkson's placement.

Some notes from the game:

Great to see Kovy and Zach bury some more pucks. Hopefully this is just the beginning for them.

If we can stay out of the box Florida can't produce much 5 on 5. We took too many penalties again last night, but the PK bailed us out.

Little Gio....as someone said earlier, I think he has already earned his spot on the 4th line next year. He is bringing the intensity! He absolutely crushed Exelby and flattened someone else too I think

VINTAGE MAR-TIN FVCKING BRODEURRRRR: Marty turned back the clock last night and was out to prove something. Hopefully he plays like this EVERY game going forward. 101 playoff wins, 24 of them shutouts! Pretty crazy to think about that nearly 1 out of his 4 playoff wins was a shutout.

Edited by ThreeCups

Wow...that was an amazing game. The crowd was awesome. We were in the last row in 206 (I was the freak with the creepy devil mask) and it was electric. From the second the puck dropped to the end it was non stop intensity. Best game I've been to in a loooooong time. I still have no voice left.

Oh man, THAT fvcking guy. I don't know if he was moving around all night, but for awhile he was a few rows behind me in 117 and we hit him with one of the loudest "a$$hole" chants I've ever heard. My dad said he could even here it on TV. I'd say we had at least 5 or 6 sections doing it. Anytime he would talk, we'd annihilate him. I mean, not only was he wearing a Rangers jersey, he was actively rooting for the Panthers. After a rousing rendition of "If you know the Rangers suck, clap your hands", he never came back. A few minutes later we saw him try to sneak downstairs into section 14 (I think), blowing kisses, bowing, and being a general ass. As soon as he sat down in an empty seat, the rightful owner ran down and told him to get the fvck out. It was pretty fantastic. Didn't see him again after that. Hope the rest of his night was just as miserable.

All that being said, last night was the most fun I've ever had at a game. The crowd was electric and the team truly showed up to play and redeem themselves, ESPECIALLY Marty. You could see how bad he wanted that shutout as the game was getting late. Everyone was flying out there. Gio almost had goal number two and set Bernier up, Clarkson made one of the nicest passes that I have EVER seen him make to set up Zajac's bullet. Zach scored the way he always does, through grit and pure determination, and Kovy had a snipe that hopefully gets him to loosen up. It was nice to see him shooting more too, which he seemed to be doing after the first. I don't know if I'd say the Devils dominated the game, but they controlled the pace throughout before putting Florida away. Hope the momentum can keep going in our favor.

Oh, and did anyone pick up a mystery puck? Or even know that a mystery puck sale was going on? haha

calling on bernier, Zub, Pony, clarkson, henrique, keep pounding them back!

keep the sticks down

marty easy with the rebounds, catch the dam puck

no way should we be losing to this team, no way! :koolaid:

gotta add Gio to this list of hit-men :clap:

kovy got the goal but still looks a bit lost out there

our D men made good descisions

great to see our forechecking working again

Thanks marty! great game as "your last as a devil" LOL

I forgot about the mystery pucks (saw it posted elsewhere a couple days ago, they kept that secret pretty well otherwise though) till they announced the sale over the PA after the pregame skate. I didn't bother though cause I was talking to a couple people I know in the lower bowl and didn't want to move till I had to since I'd just gotten there.

Edited by NJDevs4978