GDT: 4/21/12, Game 5 Quarterfinals (6) NJD @ (3) FLA

Devils Pride 26

i'll avoid reading the gloom and doom statements cause i made that mistake after game3 but im staying positive. Devils really give you a great regular season. anyhow im not a hockey expert like most here and frequently listen to my Ranger fan friends bitch that "Devil fans only care and know about the devils and not hockey history" and i help that theory (in fairness, these dousches willwear a original 6 team jersey or root for them) but heres my idea. Kovalchuk is putting to much pressure on himself. Why not deflect that. I think Henrique should play with the first line and thats an arguement but why not pick neither zajac or henrique and put in Gionta? Hes got a quality you root for and being on that line helps ones stats so people willbe rooting for him , deflecting the pressure on Kovy. Just a stupid idea but thats all i got. Telling the devils the game is "Pivotable" and so forth doesnt work, telling them that the last win was great but they still have to keep the pedal on the gas doesnt work, so why not.

Makes me feel even worse now, considering if we managed to win tonight, we very possible could have wound up playing the Caps in the next round.

I usually expect my team's captain to make sure the rest of my team is ready to compete and does so (hold them accountable). I don't want to put it on Zach shoulders really, but that statement is troubling about the general attitude and expectations of this team/players.

If they lose Tuesday, there have to be changes.

And if they played the Caps, they'd lose. You can't play this way and beat ANYONE. The Caps COMPETE HARD for entire games, like all the teams I've watched in the playoffs. They don't just randomly disappear for stretches of games. Its really simple: the Devils, for whatever reason, can't bring playoff-level intensity for entire games. I don't know why they can't, but its a joke, and it's embarassing.

Well I will still be there Tuesday again screaming my head off. Obviously it's frustrating but we as fans still need to be there supporting them. This series is not over yet. We can bitch all we want once we are officially out but until then the series can still be won by the devils.

I still can't get over the fact that actually showing up for full hockey games is a problem for a team in the playoffs. I just can't. To hear Parise say the words "we didn't compete hard enough" after a pivotal, possibly series-turning game... I just don't know what to say.

Another example of how I wouldn't get upset at this point if he leaves during the offseason.

i've been positive ALL. SEASON. LONG. giving a hard time to downers on the boards...

but thats it. were losing that series and im throwing the towel...

its one thing to trail in the series like chicago are... they are still playing hard in super tight exciting games and they are battling till the end, just getting outplayed a little bit and playing a hot goalie...

but to play like sh!t and not give an honest effort and not even give your 100% every shift like the Devils are... fvck that sh!t, its a fvcking disgrace and its absolutely pathetic to watch

i dont know if some of you have seen the movie Pet Sematary from Stephen King... there's a scene where they are doing a family picnic near an highway and the little kid is playing with his kite and well he's ending up in the road and there's a huge truck coming full speed, the father sees him too late and he's running after him like there's no tomorrow screaming and freaking out trying to get there to save him... but wtv... he tripped and couldnt get there and the kid got killed lol

my point is... watching the devils right now is like watching that scene with the father lightly jogging while texting with no urge at all watching his kid about to get hit lol

As long as Parise doesn't go to the Rangers, Flyers, Hurricanes, or Penguins... I don't care where he ends up. I could see him on the Islanders since his old man played there and they seem dumb enough to overpay for him. Actually, seeing him on the same line as Tavares would be pretty fun to watch, and I don't really hate the Isles like I do the above mentioned franchises so i'd be rooting for him to do well as long as they're not playing us.

Islanders? you are a moron

missed the game because the Big Screen TV in my living room burned out this week. Listened to the radio broadcast online; Matt Laughlin and the woman color analyst have about as much personality as two aborted fetuses. The Devils don't deserve to win this series after collapsing in that game with the 3-0 lead at home. Lots of uninspired play and "floating" by certain players which I will not name... DeBoer should start the MOOSE next game. Can't believe the Devils complete lack of killer instinct.

i didnt watch the 2nd and 3rd can anyone give a jist of it? were we just horrible or were they just playing a team game better?

frankly, it doesn't matter. we lost a pivotal game 5 away. now we shift to Tuesday where they will be pushing the outer limits of their season. Will be fun. LETS GO DEVILS!

I don't give a sh!t whose fault the 2nd goal was. This team was pathetic tonight. Here's a fun fact for ya...

Tuesday has the chance to be the 4th time in 5 years we lose a series on home ice and that other year we missed the playoffs. Awesome!

Status Quo!

I don't give a sh!t whose fault the 2nd goal was. This team was pathetic tonight. Here's a fun fact for ya...

Tuesday has the chance to be the 4th time in 5 years we lose a series on home ice and that other year we missed the playoffs. Awesome!

Actually 5th time. Ottawa in 2007.

believe boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0&feature=player_embedded#!

things go wrong sometimes but i will support this team. they may play like crap but im still here to support. you know why? hardwork, dedication, and 3 Stanley Cups. I get excited when we win, but I refuse to turn into a whining pissy loser when we lose. everyones loses.

we may lose tuesday, i wont lie. i'd say its a 50/50 game. but i believe we can win tuesday and force a game. is boston out? is new york out? its pittsburgh? maybe we all end up losing, maybe one advances, hey, maybe we advance. ya gotta believe. were not out till were out. seasons on the line tuesday. :burn:

I still can't get over the fact that actually showing up for full hockey games is a problem for a team in the playoffs. I just can't. To hear Parise say the words "we didn't compete hard enough" after a pivotal, possibly series-turning game... I just don't know what to say.

Oh good lord, thank god I turned off the postgame after about five minutes, I would have kicked in the TV. Put that right along with Marty's 'we didn't expect to be tested this early' quote as a reason why this team needs to be gutted once they lose.

But yeah them not giving effort was obvious to anyone who watched the final two periods.

Oh good lord, thank god I turned off the postgame after about five minutes, I would have kicked in the TV. Put that right along with Marty's 'we didn't expect to be tested this early' quote as a reason why this team needs to be gutted once they lose.

But yeah them not giving effort was obvious to anyone who watched the final two periods.

That's why I have no hope for this group. If they don't get it now, they never will. They don't deserve it. Any team that can't give effort and compete in the playoffs doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.