GDT: 4/21/12, Game 5 Quarterfinals (6) NJD @ (3) FLA

Devils Pride 26

Devils making Jose Theodore look like Patrick Roy, Grant Fuhr, and Curtis Joseph all rolled into one.

I can look like all of those guys if the few shots being generated are shot right at my chest. I have yet to see the Devils make Theodore move at all or get traffic in front of him. Marty's had to be all over the place facing breakaways, 2x1's, 5x3 PP's.

Same ****, different game. It's always something with this team :rolleyes:

And yes the refs have been horrendous again, but I'm tired of complaining about the refs when we give up power play goals at the drop of the puck. Especially considering how badly the Devils lost their poise in that period with sloppy stickwork. Although I will say this, Dineen learned well from the diving school of Carolina.

I don't recall him having to make any great saves

He made a couple in the first period, but if you told me the Panthers put a cardboard cutout in the net during the second period I wouldn't have any evidence to refute that.

Same ****, different game. It's always something with this team :rolleyes:

And yes the refs have been horrendous again, but I'm tired of complaining about the refs when we give up power play goals at the drop of the puck. Especially considering how badly the Devils lost their poise in that period with sloppy stickwork. Although I will say this, Dineen learned well from the diving school of Carolina.

well they are what they are. a shootout enhanced playoff team that is wildly bipolar with with a few glaring weaknesses that they can't cover up for with that kind of play. we've seen this all season. they look great one game come out the next and make you want to throw something thorugh the tv.

i tried my best to give them the benefit of the doubt lots of times with the injuries and having to play the worst 4th line in the nhl made up of players who shouldnt even be in the nhl. no excuses now but the ones they make for themselves and the ability to make life as tough as possible.

Devils haven't generated anything offensively...

But the officiating is AWFUL again. Awful.

its that way around the league. its terrible to watch. i think theres too many younger officials with not enough experience to handle playoff hockey and they turn these games into jokes. let players play until they do something that they deserve. calling ticky tack nonsense only waters down the competitiveness and enjoyment of the games.