GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

I happily and regretfully eat all my negative words tonight folks. :cheers:

But still, they got lucky, they have to play with that urgency through periods 2 and 3 in Game 7.

Exactly. They were very bad for a large part of this game and Marty was even worse... One more gut wrencher to go...

most of you should be ashamed of yourselves with the way you act. for fvcks sake, get behind your team. we're going to game 7.

THIS

seriously. always with the doom and gloom when we have a bad stretch. "uh oh, we're losing, it's Marty's fault, Zach's leaving, Kovy is a bum...etc" Who cares? We don't control the roster. We don't control the outcome but we can sure as sh!t control the support behind the team! True fans support their team, without pointing fingers, even when all is lost, because when we come through and do something amazing and it's those players who you bitched about all season, don't you feel like an ass?

THIS. IS. TEAM!

What in the hell was lucky about tonight's win?

1. The Non-call in overtime.

2. Being 5 minutes from the end of a season and playing w/zero urgency

3. Zajac not suffering a serious injury

4. Squandering a PP w/5minutes left - horribly - flatfooted, static, and not even able to enter the zone.

5. We beat a FLA team without Garrison and no Theodore in net - lets not plan the parade yet.

We did not play like a team on the brink of elimination in the 3rd - not until OT.

They NEED DESPERATION.

I happily and regretfully eat all my negative words tonight folks. :cheers:

But still, they got lucky, they have to play with that urgency through periods 2 and 3 in Game 7.

how were they lucky they dominated practically the whole game..

We did not play like a team on the brink of elimination in the 3rd - not until OT.

They NEED DESPERATION.

Jeremy Roenick hit the same point going into OT... he was livid.

I understand you don't want to make a mistake, tied in an elimination game... but you can't win if you aren't pressing (like they did in OT... and WON)

Regarding some of us in the "Gloom and Doom" club - I think I speak for a few us in saying that its not necessarily Marty, or Kovy - but the general attitude or urgency and resilience that seems missing from this team at key moments and its leaders.

You can see it - the frustration, the lack of focus, the scattered-element, all of this is what worries me - the mental game of this team.

Particularly when they get scored on or give up a lead - I believe in Debo and Zach has mentioned this.

Perhaps this victory was a necessary step in helping them overcome that.

4. Squandering a PP w/5minutes left - horribly - flatfooted, static, and not even able to enter the zone.

5. We beat a FLA team without Garrison and no Theodore in net - lets not plan the parade yet.

They NEED DESPERATION.

The Devils outshot Florida 42-16. The refs missed a ton of calls all night on Florida including Kovy getting tripped leading to the Panthers second goal.

This team played a great game all things considered. This team is not a fast team as it is and half the players look shot as it is. Either they are gassed or absolutely gassed. They got the win. Game 7 will be extremely tough. Could go either way.

How do you DOMINATE a game where you are home, on the brink of elimination in front of your fans, give up a lead, and can't even enter your own zone on the PP.

Not my definition of "DOMINATION" regardless of 75 useless shots on goal.

The 3rd period was what really was disheartening.

The Devils outshot Florida 42-16. The refs missed a ton of calls all night on Florida including Kovy getting tripped leading to the Panthers second goal.

This team played a great game all things considered. This team is not a fast team as it is and half the players look shot as it is. Either they are gassed or absolutely gassed. They got the win. Game 7 will be extremely tough. Could go either way.

I think that the shots count is VERY misleading.

Can we talk quality scoring chances instead of random shots?

Agree with you that many of the guys are absolutely gassed.

Good news is Face-off #'s and possession #'s seemed to improve.

Edited by DevilinLA

The Devils were unlucky if anything. They killed the Panthers tonight, it shouldn't have even gone to OT. Clemennnsen and Broduer's soft goals cancel each other out.

I don't really care much about the soft goals allowed by the other goalie. Shouldn't have gone to OT because Brodeur should've stopped those. 2 goals on what...10 shots at the time??? Unacceptable. I don't care how much anyone loves Brodeur, you have to be BLIND to keep defending him.

I love the Devils more than one player....he had 1 good game.

Now, knowing that, the rest of the team has to even improve on today's performance on Thursday night. LGD!

How do you DOMINATE a game where you are home, on the brink of elimination in front of your fans, give up a lead, and can't even enter your own zone on the PP.

I think that the shots count is VERY misleading.

Can we talk quality scoring chances instead of random shots?

Agree with you that many of the guys are absolutely gassed.

Good news is Face-off #'s and possession #'s seemed to improve.

the 2nd goal by the panthers should have never counted... there should have been 2 penalties on that play..

Edited by Devilsrock01

They NEED DESPERATION.

I'll agree with 2,3,4 and 50% of #5 - The non-call was the right call, shouldn't matter who's in goal, we should still win. We have what we need, just need it to be executed.

The second goal should have never happened for Florida. The ref was looking straight at that trip on Kovy and called nothing. If he made a call, the play wouldn't have happened that led to the goal. Ref's fault.

Edited by Legion15

they look at the sog stat and assume that they had 42 quality high percentage chances when they probably had 20 total. it isnt how many shots you take its quality.