GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

THIS

seriously. always with the doom and gloom when we have a bad stretch. "uh oh, we're losing, it's Marty's fault, Zach's leaving, Kovy is a bum...etc" Who cares? We don't control the roster. We don't control the outcome but we can sure as sh!t control the support behind the team! True fans support their team, without pointing fingers, even when all is lost, because when we come through and do something amazing and it's those players who you bitched about all season, don't you feel like an ass?

THIS. IS. TEAM!

Is the homily over, Father?

Hell of a sneaky goal by Zajac.

If the panthers score on the play/scrum before that it would have been on Kovalchuk for not getting back while Parise was skating back like a mad man to disrupt the 2-1...That would have been the absolute worst way for this season to end. For my sanity rooting for Kovalchuk going forward, for the talk on this board and for Parise's future as a hopefully long time captain. Seriously rewatch it, Kovalchuk does not appear in the zone until after the scrum is just about over in front of Marty...I was yelling "WHERE THE FVCK IS KOVY!" Then he made the slick pass to get it to Travis for the WINNER!! So frustrating, but such is the life of rooting for Kovy and as long as its a W it is well worth the angst... That being said SO FRIGGIN HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!

WIN GAME 7!!!

• Like 1

I think you mean Willis Reed lol.

yep, I realized that on the drive home.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, especially with the way they have played the last 5 games. However, if you can't win 2 straight against a mediocre team like Florida, then this team has no business moving on to the next round. It can be done. It will be done. Start strong tonight. 4-1 Devils!

so, i;ll stil be worried that it took so many shots for to squeeze three by clemmer & 2 easy ones get past # 30

What a maddening game. The fact that it was a tie game even though we dominated on shots certainly made things scary. Chico said a few times that the Devils just needed to keep plugging away. And for the most part, that's what they did. That's the main reason I wasn't down on the Devils. I didn't sense a defeatist attitude. They weren't brimming with confidence. But they weren't giving up either.

I wanted to post earlier in the game how much Kovy drives me nuts with his sloppy passes. Then he goes ahead and threads a beauty in OT. Go figure.

Someone mentioned Jeremy Roenick calling the Devils third period a farce. He might've had a point, I guess, but it still sounds a little harsh. ... What announcers called the game on the national broadcast?

What a maddening game. The fact that it was a tie game even though we dominated on shots certainly made things scary. Chico said a few times that the Devils just needed to keep plugging away. And for the most part, that's what they did. That's the main reason I wasn't down on the Devils. I didn't sense a defeatist attitude. They weren't brimming with confidence. But they weren't giving up either.

I wanted to post earlier in the game how much Kovy drives me nuts with his sloppy passes. Then he goes ahead and threads a beauty in OT. Go figure.

Someone mentioned Jeremy Roenick calling the Devils third period a farce. He might've had a point, I guess, but it still sounds a little harsh. ... What announcers called the game on the national broadcast?

Kenny Albert and good ol' Pierre

I don't really care much about the soft goals allowed by the other goalie. Shouldn't have gone to OT because Brodeur should've stopped those. 2 goals on what...10 shots at the time??? Unacceptable. I don't care how much anyone loves Brodeur, you have to be BLIND to keep defending him.

it was shots 7 & 8 that they scored on. first 2 shots of period 2. i swear we drink kryptonite during the first intermission this year

I thought they were cooked too after they coughed up yet another lead. Usually in hockey when you get all those shots and don't score, the other team eventually gets you. What was really annoying me about not scoring was Clem looked so shaky early - and was eventually awful on the OT goal. There was some BAD goaltending in this game for a score that wound up 3-2...fvck, Lundqvist had better goaltending in the 8-5 game than either guy tonight :lol:

It's really amazing that the Devils dominated as much as they did with Zach and Elias having horse**** games. But as a team if they had played like this the whole series, it would already be over. They still have one chance to make it right Thursday, thank goodness.

Edited by NJDevs4978

after the third I walked by Chico and he was imploring the guy he was talking with to keep the faith & that the devs were getting so many chances they had to score

I'm a Marty defender to the bone, but his goals were brutal. If he doesn't stand on his head in game 7, I'll be very surprised. He was the only one on the ice who didn't play like it was an elimination game.

exactly, his time has passed. he just has to get one more win this year. I'd be shocked in we were to get 2 wins in the 2nd round with the higher level of competiton & heart that is needed. we do not have that, that's indisputable

Regarding some of us in the "Gloom and Doom" club - I think I speak for a few us in saying that its not necessarily Marty, or Kovy - but the general attitude or urgency and resilience that seems missing from this team at key moments and its leaders.

You can see it - the frustration, the lack of focus, the scattered-element, all of this is what worries me - the mental game of this team.

Particularly when they get scored on or give up a lead - I believe in Debo and Zach has mentioned this.

Perhaps this victory was a necessary step in helping them overcome that.

Jesus christ, I thought I was being hard on them during this series...when you outshoot them by such a ridiculous margin, there was absolutely desperation. Even in the third period, they just had some - interesting passing most of the night, some of those passes were actually slapshots. You can't exactly fire a 100 MPH laser at a guy and expect it to go tape to tape.

Yes the power play was putrid, but I don't know how much more they were supposed to dominate them, outshoot them 23-6 every period?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Dude what? The one goal looked deflected and the other happened on a 4 on 2?

I thought the first goal was deflected too but I only saw it in real time...the second goal yes it was a 4-on-2 but it was horrendous rebound control of a soft shot, and then Marty thought the puck went to his right and it actually went to his left. That was just brutal. He looked so uncomfortable on the night even with the saves he was making I screamed, we'd better get a goal soon and moments after Zajac obliged. I had my Tim Thomas-style exit stage left planned (running out of the building) if the OT had ended wrong, which it probably would have if it lasted another five minutes.