Kovalclutch!

njdevsftw

Dynamic, out-of-character move on his goal. Epic vision and pass execution on the GWG. All while clearly having some minor injury struggles.

Maybe it's time for captain america to show up next game? ;)

I thought Parise had an excellent game. I was hoping he could find a goal. Kovy's pass was indeed clutch.

I thought Parise had an excellent game. I was hoping he could find a goal. Kovy's pass was indeed clutch.

I thought Parise did ok as well. (Just poking fun at the kovy-naysayers. :P ) However, for a man who's probably looking for a 7M/year contract on july 1st, I'd expect him to stick out from the crowd a bit more clearly.

This reads like a Democratic People's Republic of Korea press release

+1

Haha. Thought I'd stir up some emotions before I went to bed. Love waking up to a dozen new emotional posts on the forum. ;)

Dynamic, out-of-character move on his goal. Epic vision and pass execution on the GWG. All while clearly having some minor injury struggles.

Parise saved the game on the over time back check.If it wasn't for that play there is no game 7 on thursday!

That powerplay goal was great. Everyone else was working the one side and distracted the PK unit from noticing Kovalchuk sneaking in backdoor. It's exactly what they needed on the chance earlier when they made a bunch of quick passes low on the right side of the zone and Clemmensen made the save.

Like to see more of that from Kovy. He seems to become an easy target shooting from the point and blasting one timers from the halfboards. If he can make plays like that more often I feel our PP would flourish with him being a constant focus for opponents PKs. Certainly could benefit other guys on the PP.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

He played almost 25 minutes in regulation. He can stand, he just has no skating pop. He could as easily be tired as he could be hurt.

That powerplay goal was great. Everyone else was working the one side and distracted the PK unit from noticing Kovalchuk sneaking in backdoor. It's exactly what they needed on the chance earlier when they made a bunch of quick passes low on the right side of the zone and Clemmensen made the save.

They didn't pay attention to him because what he did was insane, so you wouldn't expect it. Hell, the guys away from him probably thought he was heading off.

A. blink.gif Parise was great. B. Langs is the one who we have called Captain America...

This reads like a Democratic People's Republic of Korea press release

laugh.gif

Edited by ben00rs

They didn't pay attention to him because what he did was insane, so you wouldn't expect it. Hell, the guys away from him probably thought he was heading off.

Plus Kovy's at the point or the halfboards waiting for the one-timer 99% of the time on the PP and they probably figured he was still in that general location, that was a gutsy time to pinch in, though it could have backfired with the penalty almost ending.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Epic sig and avatar

Completely agree... his face... his celebration... after the sheer level of awesome & excitement died down I couldn't help but crack up. Misses the whole season, comes back in the playoffs to have an outstanding series. What a hero!

He's been doing that ALL YEAR. Not so out-of-character as you may think. He's been an effective quarterback all year round, which usually leads to people screaming "Kovy, why didn't you shoot that?!?!?!?!" when the play doesn't end up being a goal. But flying under the radar, he's become a phenomenal playmaker this season.