GDT: 4/26/12, Game 7 EC Quarterfinals NJ @ FLA

NJCroMag

This is awesome...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394348

Brodeur was no fan in this series of Florida's tradition of tossing toy rats on the ice to celebrate. He was the last Devils player to leave the ice, and the last thing he did before joining the dressing-room celebration was to scoop up one of the plastic critters with his stick and send it skyward.

I was very annoyed that we couldn't keep 2 goal lead against a team with one solid scoring line, multiple times in this series...

I'm very annoyed with the "best ever" PK... what happened to swarming it up? Also, losing faceoffs so badly is unacceptable... 35% in game 7.

Edit: I should also say that I am really excited the Devils pulled this one out... just looking ahead to the next series.

Edited by David Puddy

LOL, re-read this thread starting at page 14 too funny!

LGDs!!!!!!

Yeah, I love being in these threads for the really big games. Especially the longer they go on.

This post was priceless. I think it's from around the start of the second OT:

Just sniffed my last bit of blow...this better be over soon

even more imperative: better be a devils victory

:rofl:

Reading through this thread makes me disappointed I didn't contribute much cause it was quite the rollercoaster. I was pretty much physically unable to. The entire 3rd period / OT / 2OT I was too busy screaming, facepalming, jumping up and down, and all in all just being terrified of what may happen, while at the same time thinking we could pull it out. The final reaction ... something along the lines of this:

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! HENRIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! HENRIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUE!!!!!! OHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!" followed by throwing my TV remote off the balcony, rolling around on the floor laughing, bear hugging my friend who watched with me, crying (he claims, I was drinking some vodka) and just... wow. What an ending.

What an incredible series. I am glad to be able to say that from the winning side. The Panthers would not go away. They came back to defeat us in a historically bad fashion in Game 3, leaving us all feeling like the Rock was cursed. They came back in Game 6 to force overtime leaving us with one of the most memorable moments in our new building since it's opened. They came back in Game 7 to push us to double overtime, and an unlikely hero emerged... our super rookie Adam Henrique. What a feeling. I was lucky enough to get to go to Games 1, 2, and 5. My first ever road games. There were moments of glory, and moments of disappointment (namely Game 5.) I wish I could've made it to Game 7 but settled for getting to watch it at home. All in all, this year is already a huge success in my eyes and I am so happy to be seeing us move on to the next round.

I'm going to have to go back and watch the henrique goal and celebrations again. It's 8:40am here and I got severely drunk last night whilst watching the game and afterwards. Words still can't express the happiness.

Holy crap what a ride. On to Philly!

dude.. if i have to see this verizon commercial one more time, with the crying cvnts, im gonna throw somethign through my fvcking window. this game is enough, i don't need to see all these horrible fvcking commercials to help me lose my fvcking mind.

im sorry but i had to quote this. I was taking a piss in the bathroom at the Rock, and I TOTALLY forgot you can hear the commercials in the restroom.

So i walk in and I hear sobbing... and words... through the sobbing. Im like wtf is that? I thought some girl with tourettes or something was crying in a stall.

then I realized what is was THAT FVCKING COMMERCIAL

Needless to say it may have been the most confusing piss I've ever taken.

im sorry but i had to quote this. I was taking a piss in the bathroom at the Rock, and I TOTALLY forgot you can hear the commercials in the restroom.

So i walk in and I hear sobbing... and words... through the sobbing. Im like wtf is that? I thought some girl with tourettes or something was crying in a stall.

then I realized what is was THAT FVCKING COMMERCIAL

Needless to say it may have been the most confusing piss I've ever taken.

i cannot fvcking stand that commercial

• 1 year later...

No, I just feel the misery of not being in the playoffs while the Rangers and even Islanders fans had all of our fun.

And it's not even like I get to watch these games without any reservations, because I want the Rangers to lose more than I want the Devils to win most of the time.

fvck the Rangers